Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X Vs. 135i Vs. 370z

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2009, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still own my TT, i have to say it's a totally different car from evo. Women love my tt, and evo is a huge dick magnet. I used to take friends' rides going out. Now I take my friends out.

One thing i like the sti is the ecd and the 6 speed, trust me, you won't regret it.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by The Fallen
I would rather get the STI if it had something like TC-SST. I live Cali, so manual is a bad option for me.
Shifting in traffic isn't that big of a deal. More Evo's are sold in SoCal than anywhere else!
Old Jul 27, 2009, 02:47 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by supergengo
Shifting in traffic isn't that big of a deal. More Evo's are sold in SoCal than anywhere else!
This is making me think.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by iamblue03
I still own my TT, i have to say it's a totally different car from evo. Women love my tt, and evo is a huge dick magnet. I used to take friends' rides going out. Now I take my friends out.

One thing i like the sti is the ecd and the 6 speed, trust me, you won't regret it.
Why would you get a car "just" to try to get girls? The celica is a chicks car too. Would you get one of those?
Old Jul 27, 2009, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

I thought a Jag was the unltimate chick car?
Old Jul 27, 2009, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Excalibur
Why would you get a car "just" to try to get girls? The celica is a chicks car too. Would you get one of those?

well i didn't get the car to attract girls. I am married. I got my 03 tt when i was 21 and it was brand new. I think I fell in love with the car after watching the movie mission impossible 2 or something. Anyways, I just wanted to try out different cars, and TT was definitely my #1 pick at the time. About the toyota, heh, my whole family is a fan of toyota products. Considering the reliability and price to maintain, I think i'll turn to toyota products one day, maybe the LX in the next few years after I have kids.

About the chick car thing, beetle is the ultimate chick car lol

Last edited by iamblue03; Jul 27, 2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If cars were chick magnets then the crowds at local car meets and what not wouldn't be so full of sausages and guys in wife beaters or shirts with flames.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fishstix
If cars were chick magnets then the crowds at local car meets and what not wouldn't be so full of sausages and guys in wife beaters or shirts with flames.

Exactly!!! I don't understand why some people think cars = girls unless it's a horse or a bull. however, those performance cars are definitely dick magnets.. I got really sick and tired of kids and their finger prints on my doors. It's only a 30k car, but it definitely gave me great satisfaction driving it.I think that's all that matters.

Last edited by iamblue03; Jul 27, 2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

I believe cars are chick magnets... If the car is attention getting, girls want to be a part of it, "the look at me factor" usually comes into play! Not saying all girls are like that, but most are!
Old Jul 27, 2009, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Just to throw this out there, I've had ONE girl tell me she liked my Ralliart... I was like "really?"

I thought that was odd...

I don't think many girls like any lancer at all

neways, back on topic
Old Jul 27, 2009, 10:26 PM

Or what about an E46 M3? Jesus the choices.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 04:13 AM
Evolving Member

A year ago I was stuck between the 135 vs EVO X
Finally got to drive the 135xi and wasn't that impressed... luxury yes, but something about the car made me feel like i'm driving a chick car...
I went to Mitsubishi dealership saw a wicked white and as soon as I saw it that was it... signed the papers...

At 13300 <~ 5 oil change, OEM clutch went at 13k, ATF SPIII fuild top off, and rotate tires...
Replaced Clutch with Exedy stg 2 and new light flywheel 2k
ATF Fuilds 28.00
Recall on hood cable Free
Old Jul 28, 2009, 04:23 AM
Evolved Member

the type of girls that would want you solely based on the car you drive isn't the type of girl you'd want to keep around anyways...

get the car you want, not what the "girls" want...they don't live your life for you, do they? you're the one paying for the damn car.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 05:04 AM
Evolved Member

I live down the jersey shore. So I have a pre disposition to the Z two seat GuidO chariot.
BMW 1 series I think is a cool car although seemingly small and chickish. Cute and dante
The X in the stock form is kinda lame it looks a bloated to me. Almost like it was quickly pushed through RnD to get it to market. When I surf around Evom and see some of the modded X's they are really sweet , rims coilovers ect. The X is the way to go. I bought my IX cause I like getting to vermont in the winters with some friends in the car and some trunk space. (tried on stock avans... wasn't best of ideas) I would consider trading in my IX for the new SVT raptor truck coming out. I am also waiting for the SHO taurus twin turbo awd 365 hp four door.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 06:04 AM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
LOL @ Guido chariot...

Another car to throw into the mix is the Infiniti G37x, 320 (?) hp, not as much torque. Not as fast off the line but definitely got the power, esp once you get moving. Very very comfortable, quiet, nice exhaust tone, and I definitely like the style. Plus AWD for the winter.

I think the Evo's definitely in another league as the 135 and 370. I mean, the latter 2 can only realistically seat 2 whereas the X can comfortably sit 4, which is a big selling point when u wanna go out with friends. The other thing is awd.

If you go skiing and snowboarding a lot in the winter, it's definitely a good thing to have as long as you get a good set of all-season or winter tires. Plus, good luck fitting a snowboard or pair of skiis into a 135 or 370. I know in my RA, I can fold down 1 of the rear seats, shove 3 snowboards inside, have 2 friends in the car, and still be able to flog the car around snowy windy mountain passes.

As far as being a chick car, I get looks and comments from kids and younger people, most of the younger chicks at work love my RA. Most of the older women hate the front. My mom, who's 63, however, loves the RA, so I don't know about the whole age thing...

Quick Reply: Evo X Vs. 135i Vs. 370z