Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X Vs. 135i Vs. 370z

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2009, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol, i don't know why everyone thinks the 135i is a chicks car. if you lower it, put rims, change to that m3 quad exhaust. it looks beast! eh. all comes down to what you want. too bad by the time i get my next car EVO's MSRP will be around BMW's. Now what makes sense?
Old Jul 28, 2009, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

As far as what makes sense, EVO (hands down)! It's more piratical and can easily out run the BMW on the track! If your worried about straight line speeds the EVO can be modified to do that, however doesn't that take away from what the car was really all about in the first place? Too many people try to make american muscle cars out of EVO's, it's all about grip in the land of VO (laughs). Go with what your heart tell you to do.

P.S. Xi the rear seats do not fold down in an EVO X.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 09:43 AM

I think the 135i and Evo feel faster than an M3 as well on the butt dyno, because stock both have more torque than the new gen m3 :O
Old Jul 28, 2009, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ElementK
I think the 135i and Evo feel faster than an M3 as well on the butt dyno, because stock both have more torque than the new gen m3 :O
It might be the weight difference... my RA is faster than my friend's WRX with mods after I flashed it and I still feel more thrill when driving his car... maybe cuz of the manual, but it also feels really freaking fast compared to mine
Old Jul 28, 2009, 09:55 AM

But now, the thing that will seal the deal for me. M3's and 135i's have that German emotional connection between driver and car. I drove a stock Evo X and didn't really feel it as much. Does a tuned Evo X communicate the same way the M's do? Because the car would just be my daily and I don't care about pure speed, but rather a smile-inducing ride and an emotional attachment.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 09:57 AM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I know, I meant my RA has fold down rear seats. But even w/o, the X is a great 4 seater.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

This X is a great 4 seater indeed.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 10:55 AM

But now, the thing that will seal the deal for me. M3's and 135i's have that German emotional connection between driver and car. I drove a stock Evo X and didn't really feel it as much. Does a tuned Evo X communicate the same way the M's do? Because the car would just be my daily and I don't care about pure speed, but rather a smile-inducing ride and an emotional attachment.
I would love to see the answer to this. I have yet to try either.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

He has no clue, honestly! I feel everything in my X, as do my butt cheeks! It's his opinion, if he's cross shopping an X with a BMW, he's in for a rude awakening.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Mods definitely make this car come alive. With bolt-ons, the car is much more fun and engaging to drive. It might not give you the same feeling as a perfectly balanced RWD car, but its still something special.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

emotional connection in a german car? 1st time I've ever heard that, German cars are clinical and souless imo, great cars, but I've been there and done that and don't intend to go back.....
Old Jul 28, 2009, 02:15 PM

Go with the Evo or the 135i... preferably the Evo. You just can't beat the Evo on bang for the $$. The 135i is just too bland looking, and RWD.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

The OP should p.m. noize, didn't he go from EVO X to 135i back to EVO X? I'm sure he could tell you a thing or two?
Old Jul 28, 2009, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

The only thing I love about a BMW is the engine note and that long linear powerband... I don't know what this "German emotional connection" you are talking about lol... but it sure does feel better than others. However, the Evo has more spirit & character especially when you take it to the twisties.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Xtremist
He has no clue, honestly! I feel everything in my X, as do my butt cheeks! It's his opinion, if he's cross shopping an X with a BMW, he's in for a rude awakening.
oh come on man... unless you have some suspension mods or something the ride really isn't that bad! Did you ever have an VIII or a IX?

Quick Reply: Evo X Vs. 135i Vs. 370z