Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X Vs. 135i Vs. 370z

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2009, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want a daily driver that's plenty comfortable I believe the BMW or 370X would fit you a little better... As far as putting a grin on your face every-time you mash the accelerator going into a turn and the car refuses to let loose, the X is the only car that will do exactly that! Even if the car looses grip it still fights until it finds the right line.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 09:19 AM
Account Disabled

Just get the one the suits your needs the most.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Xtremist
If you want a daily driver that's plenty comfortable I believe the BMW or 370X would fit you a little better... As far as putting a grin on your face every-time you mash the accelerator going into a turn and the car refuses to let loose, the X is the only car that will do exactly that! Even if the car looses grip it still fights until it finds the right line.
The 370Z is probably a worse daily driver than the EVO X. Nobody at Edmunds wants to drive their 370Z long term car because of the harsh ride and lack of space.

http://blogs.edmunds.com/roadtests/2...e-problem.html
Old Jul 30, 2009, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Yes maybe so, but you're not replacing tires on the 370z every 10 to 15k miles if your not ripping on them! The interior is nicer in the 370z as well, sure it may be small (135i) as well but if your looking for a better interior and cheaper upkeep, which would equal a D.D. then the Z and BMW would be more suitable! The trunk space is also bigger in the Z. I personally lean more toward AWD/ 4 cylinder turbo with 4 doors as I have a 4 year old child; The OP more than likely doesn't have kids due to his choice of cars, the Z and 135i being two seaters for the most part! I'm coming from a different angle where space isn't the case. Like I've said all along, it's his decision, I'd must rather own an Evo, that's why I'm here.

P.S. When I went to purchase my EVO there was no other car I wanted more, if you don't feel this way about either of these cars, wait a little while and find something that makes you feel like "this is the one, the only one I want"! Don't make a mistake and buy something you'll later regret...
Old Jul 30, 2009, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

The OP more than likely doesn't have kids due to his choice of cars, the Z and 135i being two seaters for the most part!
LOL, you mean the OP more than likely doesnt have kids yet... that's definitely something to consider when choosing between 2 doors and 4 doors. AWD is safer by far for a family car anyway, and no harm looking beastly good on the roads while you're at it!
Old Jul 30, 2009, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Breakaway
LOL, you mean the OP more than likely doesnt have kids yet... that's definitely something to consider when choosing between 2 doors and 4 doors. AWD is safer by far for a family car anyway, and no harm looking beastly good on the roads while you're at it!
Totally agree with you... I personally know someone who bought a BMW Z4 cuz he got a great deal. During that time, he and his wife were trying to get pregnant, but after a year of waiting... he thought it's just not going to happen. So, they decided to buy the 2-door roadster. After 10 months, she got pregnant. So now, they had to get a 4-door.

Lesson of the story is: life can have unexpected turn of events... it's better to be ready.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Never settle for a car, or else you will end up selling it later.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 07:56 PM

Hah, I don't think i'll be getting kids any time soon. so right now, my only two choices are 135i and Evo X. I like the 4 door functionality etc, and modding. I'm not really going to be doing any track time and maybe the occasional drag strip. If, by the time, because yes budget is an issue, whichever car i can get the best deal on i'll get that one. I'm def, going to drive both and go with the one which i feel i can live with daily. I love EVO's, that's why I'm here. Also, I'm planning on financing to buy this car. 3k down deposit and not more than 600 a month is my budget. Everything else is already being taken care of.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 10:34 PM

all i have to say is awd.. if you really wanna have fun driving, the evo is deff the right one..
Old Jul 31, 2009, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JonWantEvo
I love EVO's, that's why I'm here.
Then get an EVO!

Unless you love BMWs too?
Old Jul 31, 2009, 02:21 PM

I love both.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
135i FTW on of my fav cars!!!
Old Jul 31, 2009, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Breakaway
Then get an EVO!

Unless you love BMWs too?
indeed.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Just remember one thing, the GSR can hold it's own in a straight line (from a dig) with the 135i, yes it's not quite as fast but on par, however the EVO does a pretty good job of making the 135i look bad at a track! If your looking for overall performance it's a no brainer, if you want straight line speed look no further than the 135i. I'm not saying the 135i doesn't handle well either, although it will never handle like an EVO!
Old Jul 31, 2009, 06:07 PM
Account Disabled

Just remember one thing, the GSR can hold it's own in a straight line (from a dig) with the 135i, yes it's not quite as fast but on par, however the EVO does a pretty good job of making the 135i look bad at a track! If your looking for overall performance it's a no brainer, if you want straight line speed look no further than the 135i. I'm not saying the 135i doesn't handle well either, although it will never handle like an EVO!
I agree.

Quick Reply: Evo X Vs. 135i Vs. 370z