Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

I love my Evo but I miss my old car

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2009, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only thing I miss about any of my other ride was the blue tooth in my GTS!
Old Jul 28, 2009, 01:52 PM

wow I see peps missing their old car. Am I the only one not missing my old ix? UFO I dont think the X suited you bro, sorry to hear you hate your x. I used to owned a ix myself with tbe, intake, mbc, and exedy hd twin disc. It was fast but my X right now almost as fast with a cb and a tune from hbspeed. X baseline pull was 262, final was 320whp and 320tq. Next step is a DOM 2
Old Jul 28, 2009, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by supergengo
Vettes are awesome, but I just can't get over the image problem... Too many overweight, middle-aged guys own that car. You could say the Vette's only problem is their customers! (I mean no offense to the OP, I really do like the Vette!)

If they made a bodykit option to disguise it, I'd buy one!
It's called the CTS-V haha....

I went in order starting back in 2002'
02' turbo S2K
04' STI
03' SVT Cobra (yes i was the only Asian at least at the time with one)
04' G35 coupe
06' EVO IX
now with the 08' EVO X

I have certain regrets about getting rid of each car..... later on once I get rid of the X, I will have certain regrets about that too....

I could go on about motorcycles but the list is way too long.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

if you miss the car you had before, maybe you should re-examine your decision making process?

I went 2005 VIII -> 2008 X, and while I loved my 8 and wouldn't have given it up if I didn't have to (wreck), I went X and haven't looked back.

Sure I could have gotten into another 8 right quick, but the price difference between a clean 8 and a used X is just so small for what I feel is a hell of a lot more car with the X.

JM2C
Old Jul 28, 2009, 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All you guys and your nice cars you previously owned. I had an Oldsmobile Alero before the X. I built the engine and turbocharged it and it was pretty fast, but it was still an Alero. Obviously I'm happy now and I don't miss my last car one bit
Old Jul 28, 2009, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottSpeed21
All you guys and your nice cars you previously owned. I had an Oldsmobile Alero before the X. I built the engine and turbocharged it and it was pretty fast, but it was still an Alero. Obviously I'm happy now and I don't miss my last car one bit
props for turbocharging an Alero
Old Jul 28, 2009, 02:24 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoSoulja
UFO I dont think the X suited you bro, sorry to hear you hate your x.
Yeah, the funny thing is that I was ecstatic when I heard all about the new X. At almost 40 years old I felt like I needed something that was a little more 'adult' and civilised and the X seemed to fit the bill. I bought the 996 because I was trying to be a bit more grown up and I should have learned my lesson from that one . The boy racerness and the rawness of the 8 always bothered me and it is the lack of those very same qualities in the 10 that leaves me wanting. Weird huh?
Old Jul 28, 2009, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UFO
Yeah, the funny thing is that I was ecstatic when I heard all about the new X. At almost 40 years old I felt like I needed something that was a little more 'adult' and civilised and the X seemed to fit the bill. I bought the 996 because I was trying to be a bit more grown up and I should have learned my lesson from that one . The boy racerness and the rawness of the 8 always bothered me and it is the lack of those very same qualities in the 10 that leaves me wanting. Weird huh?
Get some aggressive suspension setup and that might kill some of the civilized ride. I know what you mean. I had an VIII and IX before the X and I miss my VIII more then any other car I've ever owned... but the X is still a great daily driver that also handles itself well for weekend racing.

My next car is going to be a Z06. My wife has an Odyssey to haul around our three kids.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't miss my old car. Going from a Honda Odyssey van to a Evo X. Hell even when people ask me what I drive I say a Evo X. They go like what the hell is that it sounds "Evil" hence when you pronounce the Evo it's like saying Eevol and the X is just X for extreme.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

That's right raytrix, we're Xtremist (laughs)!
Old Jul 28, 2009, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Methodical4u
I have always felt like the RX-8 is a VERY overrated car. Nice looking, but WAYYY down on power... when some minivans can come close to beating you in the 1/4, there's something wrong.
Not real sure why you would be drag racing an RX-8...that car was built to go around corners like no other car out there. I almost bought an RX-8 instead of the evo; an rx-8 plus a pettit supercharger equals one bad *** car. But I still love my evo.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

ehhh, id take an RX8 with a 20B rotary in it, then I would say that car would be bad a$$. But I think a 20B rotary in any car would be just flat out nasty....

I dont miss any of my previous cars - ive had just a few

well, i do miss my 86 mustang gt with a fully built engine and a kenny bell supercharger, car only had 14k miles on it and it was mint.... i do kinda miss that car

tell you about another fun car i had was a mazdaspeed miata with bolt ons, wow was that car fun.. you will all make comments im sure about a guy owning this car but i waxed many cars with the mazdaspeed miata

other than those, i don't miss one of them
Old Jul 28, 2009, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

i went from this

to my VIII

The Supra was a 89 Turbo Targa White Package 59k original miles....i was young and stupid when i sold her...i regret it everysingle day of my life. I Adore my Evo, i wont ever part with my evo. But there is never a day that goes by that i dont wish i had my supra
Old Jul 28, 2009, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

when i buy a ten, it will be outright with the VIII, im not making the same mistake twice
Old Jul 28, 2009, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by raytrix
They go like what the hell is that it sounds "Evil" hence when you pronounce the Evo it's like saying Eevol and the X is just X for extreme.
No, the X is for 10. I'm not sure why some people call it an "Evo Ex". When you see an Evo VIII do you say "Hey that's an Evo Vee Eye Eye Eye"? No, it's an Evo 8, and the Evo X is an Evo 10

Quick Reply: I love my Evo but I miss my old car