Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Received my first Evo but having problems...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2009, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is my first manual car I've owned... I've driven manual cars for awhile tho so it's not like I've learned off of the car...

We've decided on suing the dealer to pay for the problems caused...

For the person asking about modding the car, I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep the car at a fair horsepower... Not looking at changing much, most likely the air intake, clutch, and maybe the exhaust...
Old Sep 4, 2009, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Deception
This is my first manual car I've owned... I've driven manual cars for awhile tho so it's not like I've learned off of the car...

We've decided on suing the dealer to pay for the problems caused...

For the person asking about modding the car, I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep the car at a fair horsepower... Not looking at changing much, most likely the air intake, clutch, and maybe the exhaust...
and a TUNE!!! Probably the MOST important mod you can have done.

Suing them would be good since they don't seem to want to pay for anything.
I will however that I have had 2 other manual cars other than Evo's and if it's not an Evo, you will have to get used to how it shifts because it can be quite different than from a standard 2wd car. It sounds like you have a whole lot more problems than that though so go get'em!
Old Sep 4, 2009, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Methodical4u
and a TUNE!!! Probably the MOST important mod you can have done.

Suing them would be good since they don't seem to want to pay for anything.
I will however that I have had 2 other manual cars other than Evo's and if it's not an Evo, you will have to get used to how it shifts because it can be quite different than from a standard 2wd car. It sounds like you have a whole lot more problems than that though so go get'em!
Brakes weren't Brembo, tires were gone when purchased, clutch was already starting to burn, car needed an oil change right away... I can go on, it's better of just waiting to see what happens but I'm still looking at a new clutch... The dealer priced me at 1700 for a stock clutch with installation... Yeah right, like I would pay that for stock...
Old Sep 4, 2009, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Deception
Brakes weren't Brembo, tires were gone when purchased, clutch was already starting to burn, car needed an oil change right away... I can go on, it's better of just waiting to see what happens but I'm still looking at a new clutch... The dealer priced me at 1700 for a stock clutch with installation... Yeah right, like I would pay that for stock...

The car does not have the factory Brembos on it?? If those are not the brakes on it sounds like you bought someone wore out track car.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 06:12 AM

read your pm