Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X gas pedal stem broken off, very dangerous (merge)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2010, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
itsme4g63 i give ya two thumbs up's for this awsome piece of design
Old Aug 10, 2010, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evosam726
itsme4g63 i give ya two thumbs up's for this awesome piece of design
thanks!

And a big thanks goes out to Fosty for being my test subject!
Old Aug 10, 2010, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by itsme4g63
I've been in process of creating a replacement ever since the breakage threads have been started; I just couldn't believe in the OEM inferiority and though I'd ought to do something about it. After many months or even over a year now to come and think of it, the design was perfected. This is a billet aluminum piece meaning the whole shape was CNC machined over continuous operations. Everything fits OEM-style, even the oem pedal as you can see. I have a unit in a car for the past 3-4 months, which has been daily driven and proves functional. Logs indicate within less than 2% throttle position of the original plastic unit.

Very nice D. Thank you for the info. We need to talk more about this. Text me?
Old Aug 11, 2010, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
That billet pedal looks quite good!

I've had great success reinforcing mine with an aluminum bracket and placing a smaller rubber stopper on the backside so that it hits the floor at the same time as the back section.

37k miles now and it's survived everything I've thrown at it. I'll still recommend anyone that tracks their car or has a heavy right foot to reinforce or upgrade that pedal though. Having it break during the 9 days of racing on a One Lap of America event would have disaster. Just getting a DNF for one of the 18 points events would make it very difficult for you to score a class win as well and coming up with my own solution and reinforcing it myself was the only choice.
Old Aug 6, 2012, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

Gas pedal broken, brand new Grp N evo x
5.13 broken, working only flat out and then 6.53 min completely break

Last edited by raidokoiv; Aug 7, 2012 at 03:43 AM.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 02:01 AM

Broken evo x gas pedal

Yup .. Another broken gas pedal .. My evo x gas pedal broke off and cost me about 430 to replace, stupid drive by wire they have these days.. Mitsubishi didn't care about it enough to make a recall, nor did they help pay. Why would u make something you stomp on out of plastic ? .. Especially when the car is advertise as a performance car? .. This is coming from a no body .... Should have gotten a Subaru
Old Apr 10, 2015, 06:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hate bringing threads back from the dead, but this JUST happened to me. '08 GSR here, was getting onto the highway, went to shift gears and *SNAP* breaks clean off.

Luckily I hit cruise control really quick, kept it at 60, and coasted into the next gas station. After some inspection, I was able to make it home by pressing on what was left of the very top stem of the pedal. I can't stop laughing. I didn't read through this whole thread, but from what I skimmed through, looks like Mitsu isn't covering it with warranty? They are closed right now, I'll have to find out what the damage is tomorrow when I call.