Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X gas pedal stem broken off, very dangerous (merge)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2008, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about this and I hope it's a one time thing and it only happened to you. But on a side note I was roflmao for a while when I first read this and then again when I saw the pics. My wife also joined in the laughter, I've just never seen or heard anything like this.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nongan
it is not modified for weight, but for costs.
we should remember that cheap does not mean bad quality.
the X is unfortunately made both cheap and with bad quality.
The X is not made with cheap parts. The only bits in the interior that are cheap are the faux carbon racing harness holes and the shift boot. Other than that, the interior is night and day better than my STi was. As far as the broken pedal is concerned, it was a fluke in one person's car. It was probably cracked when it was removed from the mold or during the assembly of the car and wasn't noticed. It's just bad luck. If this were a genuine isse then you would here more than one person complaining about this. You don't even own the car and are only focusing on the few negative things that are present with the car. Stop bashing the X, it's geting annoying. If you like your subaru so much then why are you here?

Last edited by STi2EvoX; Apr 10, 2008 at 11:35 AM.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:19 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The most disturbing part about this whole incident is that Mitsubishi is DENYING to fix the pedal under warranty. Why? Good thing his dealer is going to eat the cost to fix it for the guy.

This situation says a lot about a brand that denies warranty service on something that was obviously a flaw for that pedal.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Resist the syst
The one I'm purchasing is every bit of 40k! 38 close to 39 + tax and title, you do the math.
wow Yu had GTS and now you are purchasing a 40K evo X! Just FYI a base X can be had for just under 30K and not to regret your whole life that you bought a 40K mitsu
Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Holly hercules!
Old Apr 10, 2008, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

at least the plastic pedal saves 2 lbs over the metal ones
Old Apr 10, 2008, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Resist the syst
The one I'm purchasing is every bit of 40k! 38 close to 39 + tax and title, you do the math.
No ... YOU do the math.
Just because the one YOU are purchasing is equipped/marked up to $40k that does NOT make the Evo X a $40k car.

Plenty of people on this forum have purchased the car for just under $30k to $35k.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by adambl03
The most disturbing part about this whole incident is that Mitsubishi is DENYING to fix the pedal under warranty. Why? Good thing his dealer is going to eat the cost to fix it for the guy.

This situation says a lot about a brand that denies warranty service on something that was obviously a flaw for that pedal.
+100
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kisada
It's not a $40k car. How many times does that need to be said??
If you get it for 34k and you add tax title and tag its close to 40k silly
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by STi2EvoX
The X is not made with cheap parts. The only bits in the interior that are cheap are the faux carbon racing harness holes and the shift boot. Other than that, the interior is night and day better than my STi was. As far as the broken pedal is concerned, it was a fluke in one person's car. It was probably cracked when it was removed from the mold or during the assembly of the car and wasn't noticed. It's just bad luck. If this were a genuine isse then you would here more than one person complaining about this. You don't even own the car and are only focusing on the few negative things that are present with the car. Stop bashing the X, it's geting annoying. If you like your subaru so much then why are you here?
I was just about to get an x and will now hold off. If your only talking about shift boot and seatbelt loop being cheap, try everything in the cab. This is my first time i saw a rear deck panel that was all plastic??? I don't think people are bashing the x (at least not me) but are concerned that spending over 30k for a car that is having issue's. All it takes is for one poor guy to have a gas pedal break and gets killed and mitsu will have a recall. Come on a plastic gas pedal???
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kobi2002
If you get it for 34k and you add tax title and tag its close to 40k silly
Huh? If I bought it for 34K, after all the fees & such were assessed I'd be at maybe 34.2K. Nowhere even approaching 40K...
Old Apr 10, 2008, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Rootus
Huh? If I bought it for 34K, after all the fees & such were assessed I'd be at maybe 34.2K. Nowhere even approaching 40K...
Don't know what your taxes are in oregan but in florida its 6%. So thats 2k and tag and title is 300 and I can tell you that most people will pay dealer fee's and such. So just with the taxes its already at 36k. Try agian
Old Apr 10, 2008, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Rootus
And I do believe that the dealer adds all the fee's before you get taxed so that total is over 3k
Old Apr 10, 2008, 03:29 PM
ZK
Evolved Member

Are the clutch and brake pedal the same plastic design too? That would be very alarming.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rguy
If this happens to anyone else Mitsu would be wise to issue a recall. Can you imagine someone pulling out into traffic in front of a big truck, going for the gas to get out of its way, and the damn gas pedal snapping....leaving them right in the way to get in a wreck, possibly even fatal?

I know there have been times where ive pulled out and if I hadnt had a gas pedal to press id be in some serious ****.
I just had a really crazy mental picture of that... definately call NHTSA and report it

Last edited by evolved83; Apr 10, 2008 at 03:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Evo X gas pedal stem broken off, very dangerous (merge)