Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

any evo x owners come from a mazdaspeed 3?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2010, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I traded my 2008 mgm MS3 for a 2010 MR. The MS3 had 43,000 miles with CPE Nano, ETS TMIC, Cobb DP, HTP TIP, SU TP, CPE RMM, TRZ Trans mount, HKS BPV, Cobb AP tuned with ATR. I had zero issues other than fuel cut in cold weather early in my tuning process.
Suspension was my biggest complaint, aside from the constant dash rattles that the dealership could never fix, was that the bump stops were chewed up from over travel in the stock suspension and I don't think there are very many good options for suspension upgrades yet for the MS3. The drivetrain was always solid though.

I was on MSF.

My only complaint with my EVO X experience is that there doesn't seem to be enough ATR users to have much of a knowledge base to use for reference. I'm trying to figure things out though.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 08:49 PM

I traded in my 08 MS3 with 27k on it for my 2010 PB X. i got to admit, the car treated me right. i did a cobb intake and cat back exhaust on the car around 4k and it ran like a champ. i also second what everyone is saying about the car being a highway ****. for the money, it is hard to beat. Getting into an evo on the other hand, you cant compare the two. there is nothing that you could really compare about the two. from engine to tranny to styling, its just a bad a*S machine! with soooo much more potential then any MS3 has. i no alot of guys say they like the inside styling better. i understand why they say that, but i still like the feel inside my X better. i feel like im more "locked in" in the X, and its a blast to drive. im not bashing the MS3, i had loads of fun with my car. But the X is just on another level.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 08:21 AM

My 2009 MS3 is still treating me well, but I'm still going to get an EVO X.

The cars are completely different animals.

I want the EVO X for the power potential and AWD.

I'm done with FWD.