Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Recall for 08-09 Evo X/Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2009, 06:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the post
Old Sep 15, 2009, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

I'll wait for the letter...then I'll ask them to look at the rattly window while I'm there.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 09:20 AM

I'm actually at the dealer right now getting low jack installed. I talked to the service guy and he's reports show to recalls right now. But if I'm really curious, he said to call back in 2 weeks. But for now, its not official.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Philly, Germany, Japan, UK...South Dakota (Da Sticks).......
What is this? Is it the current fuel rail...piping in the engine bay? Or is it under the engine/or car? If it's just the fuel rail pieces I say go aftermarket..
Old Sep 15, 2009, 02:58 PM

I called the dealer yesterday and they haven't heard of it either. I guess its not official yet.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what the fudge are you suppose to say after you hear this from the dealer "we haven't heard anything about it"
Old Sep 15, 2009, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hotdog
How can we correct you?

They haven't heard of it. It exists. What's there to correct ?

They mention 6,903 cars recalled; is that the entire sales number
hahahah what i meant was if "correct" me if other dealers besides south coast know about this... or if south coast was BSin me.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 06:45 PM

I will post the letter that I got from the safety on base...it is official, but it said that the recalls probably would not start until Sept 30th or so...could be why the dealers have no heard of it yet. Of course, most service departments are not the best....I will get the link from work tomorrow and post it up. You can call the Mitsubishi 1-800 number at the bottom of the link and ask them about where to go and when to go also.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by si_to_evo
what the fudge are you suppose to say after you hear this from the dealer "we haven't heard anything about it"
Tell them they are stupid and print out the letter with the recall on it from Mitsubishi. I will post it up tomorrow.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 09:14 PM

they are smart -- simply playing it safe) so they can minimize their costs
Old Sep 15, 2009, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
usually recalls like this take a couple weeks to hit the dealers. they also have to be instructed on how to deal with the matter and all so they may just not be prepared on how to perform the service yet.

i know when i had my vw gti, i received a couple recall notices and even months after i received the letter the dealership still did not know what was going on. i had to show them the letter and they had to call vw headquarters to get filled in.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by unkle bebot
i called south coast mitsu the other day... they have never heard of it. pls correct me if im wrong.
Originally Posted by Dammit Cubs
I'm actually at the dealer right now getting low jack installed. I talked to the service guy and he's reports show to recalls right now. But if I'm really curious, he said to call back in 2 weeks. But for now, its not official.
Originally Posted by PRORICAN
I called the dealer yesterday and they haven't heard of it either. I guess its not official yet.
Folks, here is why:

Remedy:
THE FUEL RETURN PIPE WILL BE REPLACED WITH A NEW PART AND TWO ADDITIONAL ATTACHMENT BRACKETS WILL BE INSTALLED TO BETTER CONTROL FUEL PIPE VIBRATION. THIS SERVICE WILL BE PERFORMED FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON OR BEFORE SEPTEMBER 29, 2009. OWNER MAY CONTACT MITSUBISHI AT 1-888-648-7820.

Originally Posted by evo unknown
usually recalls like this take a couple weeks to hit the dealers. they also have to be instructed on how to deal with the matter and all so they may just not be prepared on how to perform the service yet.

i know when i had my vw gti, i received a couple recall notices and even months after i received the letter the dealership still did not know what was going on. i had to show them the letter and they had to call vw headquarters to get filled in.
^^this
Old Sep 16, 2009, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Gardo_Segovia
Folks, here is why:

^^this
Thank you for your clarification.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 10:34 PM

Just read about it in the Financial Section of the Orange County Register. It stated that the notices will begin being mailed out the End of September.

Quick Reply: Recall for 08-09 Evo X/Ralliart