Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

From my '09 GT-R to a 2010 Lancer MR Touring?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2009, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think its great what you are doing for your friend. Not many people would consider doing something like selling a car. On another note, the Evo X MR is a great car for a daily driver. It is fun when you need it, safe, and has great handling. Your son will be plenty safe in the back seat of the X.

My thoughts about which car to choose...... The M5 is my favorite car of all time, but if you are looking to go cheaper, the X is the way to go. Maybe consider getting the MR with SSS package, and all the good stuff and leave out the touring. Then you can go to an upholstery shop and get the inside done in all leather for an extra 1000 - 2000..

P.S. If you have already gotten your car or whatever, sorry for the post, i didn't want to read all 9 pages.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by big block ix
This guy needs a do-luck trunk asap:
http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...il.php?ID=6782
I'll have pics soon. My WW GSR is getting the do luck CF lid. Bottom strip unpainted to show a bit of CF. Will post pics once it arrives.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 05:49 PM

Ill get some pictures of mine in the morning. Black MR touring just came in...
Old Oct 9, 2009, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvoXCrazy
Very noble of you OP..

Doesn't the 2010s come standard with the new sideskirts to prevent rock shipping?
nope, kind of a step backwards on Mitsu's part if you ask me! The side skirts are now a dealer option I believe.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sleestack
I'm not sure I want to mess with suspension, although the ride height could use on inch or two of lowering.
That was one of the first mods I did. All I could do was stare at the front tire wheel gap whenever I walked up to my car. I went with the Swifts and couldn't be happier (1" front, .6" rear).
Old Oct 9, 2009, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CatalystGod
nope, kind of a step backwards on Mitsu's part if you ask me! The side skirts are now a dealer option I believe.

Who makes the best carbon fiber skirts?

Last edited by Sleestack; Oct 9, 2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 12:13 AM
Evolved Member

Who makes the best carbon fiber skirts?
I have no clue. I am sure there'll be at least one maker (probably JDM), just dunno anybody at the moment. Google is your friend

http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/catal...ction=733#1873

That might be a good starting point, although they only seem to carry the OEM pieces. You could get those at the dealership too. Rockville Mitsubishi in MD gives 15% discounts to members of dcevoclub.com, you might want to see if there are dealers in your area participating in similar discount programs if you go the OEM route.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by raytrix
Lets start by not calling this car a Lancer as it kinda's demotes it's awesome name of Evolution. Which is a step up of the rest. Evolution sounds so much more attractive than people saying you drive a Lancer.

ouch come on man we are brothers.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CatalystGod
While the aero side skirts do not come standard, the non-aero side skirts have been redesigned and the side skirts that everybody complained about no longer come with the X. I believe the 2009 still came with the crap side skirts. The difference between the two:

Originally Posted by Adam123
P.S. If you have already gotten your car or whatever, sorry for the post, i didn't want to read all 9 pages.
Congratulations on your first post, telling him not to buy a car he already showed pictures of him owning a few pages back. He also already stated he doesn't want a large rear spoiler.

Edit: I hope you don't mind me using one of your pictures

Last edited by Frankiago; Oct 10, 2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

i personally like the 2008 sideskirts over the 2010
Old Oct 10, 2009, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bullo
You'll just have to get over the sh!ty interior, everything else about the X will please you.

BTW
Best of luck to your friend. I wish him a speedy recovery.
+1, we all wish your friend a quick recovery. You're a good man for helping him, and you're a great man for selling such an amazing peice of equipment to do so.

I'm definitely happy I picked up the MR. Until the last minute I was wondering if I should go with the boring choice of another BMW or Audi, but by the time I got home I knew I had made the right choice. Just like the GT-R, the Evo MR made me feel like a kid again and really makes me want to drive. I have a feeling the MR will stay in my garage even when I do get another GT-R. I see it as the perfect sport sedan to compliment the GT-R. My kid definitely appreciates having his own door and window controls.
I'm glad you're enjoying her! As everyone else is advising, you should get that thing on a dyno and tweak her for more power output.

Great review also. I actually learned a bit about the GT-R just from your descriptions. Cheers.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

Hey man grats on the new X and doing the right thing by your friend.

You asked about some nice looking white cars, this one here is my favorite that I have found on this forum so far. Scroll down a few pictures to where he uses the white wheels, although the green aren't that bad.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...een-white.html
Old Oct 10, 2009, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for all the links an recommendations guys. I have a good idea of what I want to do to the exterior. Very similar to the last picture posted (minus the wheels and wing).

Now I'm just trying to decide if I want to go with JDM products or something like the Rexpeed products. The JDM products are definitely more expensive. I'll have to do some research on the quality of the Rexpeed products as they seem to be very reasonably priced.

I need to pick some wheels asap so the MRs can be kept mint for sale.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 05:43 PM

I have a history of German car ownership (Mercedes CL 500, 600 hp CLK, BMW 550i, 330i w/ ZHP, Audi A6 4.2 and a few VWs). For the past year I have been driving a 2009 Nissan GT-R. My absoulte all time favorite car.

Recently I decided to sell my GT-R to assist a friend with some medical bills. It wasn't a difficult choice given the cause, but I definitely shed a few tears at the thought of not having my GT-R. I put 22K miles on it over the last 2 years and it has been an absolute dream to drive every day. I will undoubtedly buy another when the 2011s are released.

For the next two years, I want to drive something a little more practical than the GT-R. I can live without the power but the handling is something I do not want to sacrifice too much. I do not really track my cars so I want a few amenities too (leather, nav, etc.). I know many hardcore Lancer fans aren't fans of the Touring package, but I probably wouldn't even consider a Mitusbishi unless the Touring package was available.

In any case I'm close to closing the deal on my white MR Touring and could pick it up any day. The only thing holding me back is that many of my friends insist they can't see me driving a white Lancer after all the cars I have owned. I think I would be very happy with the Lancer despite what I'm used to, simply for the fun factor.

In any case I just wanted to see what Lancer X owners thought. Lancer X MR Touring or something like a used E46 M3 competition or M5? I think the Lancer is more in the spirit of my GT-R but my friends are calling me crazy.

Also, my cars have to have a back seat for my son.

Wow that is one nasty GTR but for that price you could have a SICK EVO X that would spank the GTR !!!!! All the way.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MuLo_MS
Wow that is one nasty GTR but for that price you could have a SICK EVO X that would spank the GTR !!!!! All the way.
Invest a $50,000 in your Evo and spank a Nissan GT-R, or hell, a Mercedes Mclaren SLR in -some- way. Your accomplishment: Nothing.

Quick Reply: From my '09 GT-R to a 2010 Lancer MR Touring?