Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

From my '09 GT-R to a 2010 Lancer MR Touring?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2009, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Frankiago
While the aero side skirts do not come standard, the non-aero side skirts have been redesigned and the side skirts that everybody complained about no longer come with the X. I believe the 2009 still came with the crap side skirts. The difference between the two:
Interesting, guess only time will tell if this change is gonna work.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MAS2377TECH
Well they did call the Evo the little Godzilla....
I traded my Z06 for my EVO X. Well I can say the power at the moment is not the same the handling is much better in the Evo. I can take corners much faster with the evo and not loose traction like I did in the Z06. I am working on the power and with just an intake and exhaust I can tell a big difference. Good luck and don't even think twice about what your friends say. Its a great car and you'll love it!!!!!!
Old Oct 13, 2009, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by strocse
I read the first post and it smelled like so much bs I just skipped to this. I dont know what part to believe and not believe but you were either living on tight means with the GT-R or it never existed. We still do live in america and your friend can always get on medicaid and let the rest of us pay his medical bills. I just wish you didnt even get a MR and fell so far as to drive a colbolt ss .

Originally Posted by Sleestack
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions or resentments. I am sorry if I offended you in some way.

I bought my GT-R with cash 2 years ago and have been a member at NAGTROC since that time (under the same name). I could dip into family savings to help my friend, but I chose to sacrifice something that is primarily for my own pleasure since it is, after all, my best friend who has peroitoneal carcinomatosis. My friend is not insured. He has been getting state and federal assistance for the last three months, but certain medications related to problems ancillary to the primary disease, are not being covered. He is also no longer working so the bills are also piling up.

I recently sold my 550i (in the picture) because it wasn't being used and the Mercedes (also in the picture) is an Evosport tuned deathtrap with no back seat. Alas, I need a car I can drive every day that can also accomodate my son. The Lancer MR seemed to fit the bill.

In any case, the GT-R was delivered to the buyer tonight and I should be picking up the MR tomorrow or Friday.

I found your "wishing a cobalt on me" pretty funny.
I hate douche bags that make comments like the above. He does not know you or anything about you and I take offense to it. I hope you ignore aholes like that and take the advise of the rest of us that have valid comments.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by svt04cobra
I traded my Z06 for my EVO X. Well I can say the power at the moment is not the same the handling is much better in the Evo. I can take corners much faster with the evo and not loose traction like I did in the Z06. I am working on the power and with just an intake and exhaust I can tell a big difference. Good luck and don't even think twice about what your friends say. Its a great car and you'll love it!!!!!!
I'm assuming you had a C5 Z06
Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4drboost
I'm assuming you had a C5 Z06
Correct 03 Z06 to be exact. I bought it already worked up. Had a built motor, trick flow heads, wiplash cam, kooks longtubes, corsa cat back, varram cai, fast intake, ported throttlebody, yada, yada, yada and tune. Made 475hp on a conserative tune. Nothing like my cobra but for what it was it was nice.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by svt04cobra
Correct 03 Z06 to be exact. I bought it already worked up. Had a built motor, trick flow heads, wiplash cam, kooks longtubes, corsa cat back, varram cai, fast intake, ported throttlebody, yada, yada, yada and tune. Made 475hp on a conserative tune. Nothing like my cobra but for what it was it was nice.
Kewl.........I was going to be shocked if you had a C6 Z06 and ditched it for a Evo X.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
you will loose the Status Quo fore sure, but not the fun
Little mods and tune you will be set with the MR touring.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats on the purchase. I'm glad to hear that the X is on par with the GTR in handling.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 09:52 PM

I hope things could get better for your friend and I really think you are the man! You will have a lot of fun with evo x it is one of the best performing car in the segment and could be improved in many ways just like others said.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 07:22 AM

wow you got lots of $$$ huh? well coming fron GTR and Z06. the power of the X will be different, but if you put about 10K in it, it'll beat almost anything on the street.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
panamera
Old Oct 19, 2009, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by streetracerkam
Although my IX is stiff, I still like it. And even though hers is faster,
mine goes Pshhhhh.

I get more attention.
I get the girls.
Ohyehz.
can i use this as my signature here?... lolz

anyways to the OP, i tip my hat to you sir... very honorable thing to do.
on a not so serious note... can i be your son?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Azntoyhere
I think you are insane. I mean an EVO is good and all but you are trading in your GTR???? Well its the EVO wil definitly be a lot cheaper... And if money isn't an issue, Keep the GTR and get the EVO too.
I dont think you read all the way. He didn't trade his GTR in he sold it to help a friend with medical bills....
Old Oct 24, 2009, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

Hey dude I'm still waiting for some nice pictures of that interior.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 07:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats on the MR Touring. When and if you decide to swap out the seats, I will gladly take the stock Recaro's from you.

Quick Reply: From my '09 GT-R to a 2010 Lancer MR Touring?