Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

From my '09 GT-R to a 2010 Lancer MR Touring?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2009, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the nissan awd behaves like an awd at very low speed then disengages until it feels slippage.... unfortunately the evo does not. it will behave closer to a FWD (though still sharp handling) until you put the power down, which then it just grips and grips.....
Old Oct 6, 2009, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sleestack
I did say I am selling my GT-R to cover hospital bills for a friend (who is dying). I'm not sure if that still makes me insane.
Most people don't read entire posts and instead make a statement on a portion of the post. Stupid. It is very honorable what you seem to be doing.

After you have driven the Evo for a few months it will be interesting to get your thoughts on the Evo compared to the GT-R. In particular, I am curious as to how the handling stacks up. Are you planning to modify the Evo at all? That would make your review all the more interesting. You can get 350-400hp out of an Evo for probably less than the cost of an exhaust for the GT-R. I wonder how a 400hp Evo with upgraded suspensions compares to a GT-R.

Even after modifying the Evo, the GT-R will still be a better and superior car. However, I am curious to see what your opinion is after you consider the price of both machines.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sleestack
I did say I am selling my GT-R to cover hospital bills for a friend (who is dying). I'm not sure if that still makes me insane.
We need more people like you in this world.

Trading the GT-R was a great decision. If/when you get an evo X you will still love it. Keep in mind you might want a GSR if you want to get it back to the power of that GT-R. Otherwise the MR will be great.

Old Oct 6, 2009, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's an unfortunate situation, but I think you are doing the right thing. We should all be so lucky to have friends that will sacrifice so much to help in times of need. I hope that everything goes as well as it possibly can for your friend and his family. In any case, I think you will like the X based on what you are looking for. If brand prestige and interior quality aren't of great importance to you, then the handling performance of the X will more than makeup for everything else. Oh, and stop calling it a lancer, lol. It's an EVO! Anyway, good luck with everything, and if you commit to buying the X, let us know how you like it.

P.S.

Get a tune IMMEDIATELY after buying the car (and I don't mean the factory reflash, I mean a custom dyno tune). It really wakes the car up, and doesn't cost much at all. Spend a tiny bit more and get a drop in filter and upper intercooler pipe, and you will see gains of ~70+ whp (peak), with even higher gains up top where the stock curve starts to fall off. Granted, this still wont come anywhere even close to GTR power levels, but it will definitely be more fun to drive than it's stock counterpart, not to mention smoother (it gets rid of the misfiring issue that the stock tune tends to suffer from because of how rich the air fuel ratios are). And lastly, the great thing about this setup is that it still retains the stock exhaust for a quiet ride. Hope this helps...

Last edited by STi2EvoX; Oct 6, 2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lets start by not calling this car a Lancer as it kinda's demotes it's awesome name of Evolution. Which is a step up of the rest. Evolution sounds so much more attractive than people saying you drive a Lancer.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by raytrix
Lets start by not calling this car a Lancer as it kinda's demotes it's awesome name of Evolution. Which is a step up of the rest. Evolution sounds so much more attractive than people saying you drive a Lancer.
+1 I dont even respond to people, there are alot of non enthusiast that don't know the differance, or when they see "Evolution" on a video game. Very nice thing to do for your friend too

Last edited by EVOVIII200; Oct 6, 2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

I honestly don't think the MR Touring or GSR will disappoint - if anything, it'll be the perfect car in terms of awd and handling coming from your current beast.

And while you're calling it a Lancer right now, you'll sooner call it an Evo or Evolution when you bring yours home
Old Oct 6, 2009, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Hope your friend the best of luck. He is lucky to have you as a friend, since what you are doing is very commandable!
Just out of curiosity, why dont you consider a GSR? The reason I ask is that if you eventually decide to do some bolt-ons, you will not be limited by the tranny. There are a few evo x GSR running around making 6++ AWHP, the MR's tranny seem to be a limit once you get it above 4++ AWHP. Im sure that if you get the evo x to 500 AWHP, you might not regret or miss your lass GT-R as much, and will have a faster car.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

I remember your post on NAGTROC (I think that's where it was). You're a great friend! Good luck with the new car and getting back into a GTR in a couple years. I'm definitely considering stepping up into one in the near future.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for all the comments guys. Sorry about the "Lancer" faux pas. I really know nothing about Evos except for the fact that I always like them when I see them.

I did plan on doing a tune right away for a hp bump. Even though I think the stock numbers are probably healthier for my license, I 'm used to high hp cars and need a little extra juice. A 70 -100 hp bump would probably be just fine.

I'm really looking forward to the Evo MR and will definitely make some posts on the Evo experience coming from the GT-R. Even though I have primarily driven German cars, my heart has always been with Japanese cars. I'm glad that Nissan and Mitsubishi put two out that really struck a chord with me and my beliefs about what an enthusiast's car should be all about.

Last edited by Sleestack; Oct 6, 2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

The X is a great handling car. A little short on power in stock trim, but once you tune it, it becomes a very respectable street car.

l8r)
Old Oct 6, 2009, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Azntoyhere
Thats true. What about an STI? Have you ever look into that car? What do you think about that car?
i don't think you would be happy with an 08+ STi, unless you want to sink money into it , stock it handles like an old lumber wagon.

i think you'd be happy in the short term with an X MR touring, put an exhaust on it and have it tuned and i think it would put you in the same ballpark as your GT-R
Old Oct 6, 2009, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 on a tune right after you buy it. As far as handling, you will certainly not be disappointed with the Evo X. Handling is what Evos are known for.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

I wish the best of luck to your friend and his family

I think your goin to love the Evo but I think you should get a black one
Old Oct 6, 2009, 06:05 PM
Former Sponsor

dont think you will be disappointed with the evo at all, you should love it, and as for the touring packadge, if i had the money i would buy it, speed, handling, and a little comfort can never hurt, +1 for the tune, but it will void ur drivetrain warranty, mitsu are idiots about any modifications,

Quick Reply: From my '09 GT-R to a 2010 Lancer MR Touring?