Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

From my '09 GT-R to a 2010 Lancer MR Touring?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2009, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kanun
I wish the best of luck to your friend and his family

I think your goin to love the Evo but I think you should get a black one

This has been my big dilemma. My cars have always been black, however I have not seen the MR in black. The contrast on the white one really struck me and I was concerned that the black one might hide the visual contrast that first appealed to me.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by egydude15
mitsu are idiots about any modifications,
I always assume that if you do anything to modify the ECU, engine or tranny, and some thing goes wrong that you're on your own. I found out the hard way with Audi and Mercedes.

I will definitely look to do a conservative tune on this car. I don't want to be pushing any limits when it comes to that dual clutch transmission.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sleestack
I always assume that if you do anything to modify the ECU, engine or tranny, and some thing goes wrong that you're on your own. I found out the hard way with Audi and Mercedes.

I will definitely look to do a conservative tune on this car. I don't want to be pushing any limits when it comes to that dual clutch transmission.
I've seen people net maybe 50hp on these cars stock with a really good tune via boost pill. I forgot what tuner has done it but its possible and you'll be able to retain warantee and be a little bit faster.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Don't bother looking at the badge, people who drive vehicles for the sticker/decals associated with the brand are obviously not looking at the most important factor (the numbers). On paper the EVO is on the GT-R's coat tails (considering the price and performance ratios). I think it's awesome you're willing to sacrifice the GT-R for the better good, as I would my EVO for my daughter/relative/close friend!

P.S. You may find yourself rather happy in an EVO, I honestly think it handles just as good as the GT-R but without all the ponies to back it up!
Old Oct 6, 2009, 06:56 PM

Did you manually shift the GT-R or left it in full auto?

I remember reading a reviewer actually preferring the shift logic on the TC-SST since it buffered manual shift inputs instead of forcing the driver to wait until the shift completes before accepting the next input. Also a manual shift input would activate the manual mode and the shift requested while other systems would require two inputs to activate manual mode and a shift.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

Given your situation I think you made a great choice!

Get some exhaust and tune for your evo and you'll be happy with it!
Old Oct 6, 2009, 07:00 PM

You may also want to consider an Audi, possibly and A4 or an A6... Their more luxurious if your looking for more looks and handling then power...
Old Oct 6, 2009, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by McDougal
Most people don't read entire posts and instead make a statement on a portion of the post. Stupid. It is very honorable what you seem to be doing.

After you have driven the Evo for a few months it will be interesting to get your thoughts on the Evo compared to the GT-R. In particular, I am curious as to how the handling stacks up. Are you planning to modify the Evo at all? That would make your review all the more interesting. You can get 350-400hp out of an Evo for probably less than the cost of an exhaust for the GT-R. I wonder how a 400hp Evo with upgraded suspensions compares to a GT-R.

Even after modifying the Evo, the GT-R will still be a better and superior car. However, I am curious to see what your opinion is after you consider the price of both machines.
Ryan Gates and his X compete in the same Modified class as at least one GT-R... So far, his X kills the competition... Don't know if that puts anything into perspective. Could be the drivers, but something has to be said about the ability of our beloved X!
Old Oct 6, 2009, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
who cares what your friends say they can go to $%&$#

look first of congrats on letting go of your gtr to help a friend.hope he gets better!
also the evo aint a bad car i had a lot of bmws before owning this cars and wow they do put a smile on my face yes quality in the interior is a little low compare to german cars but this cars where built for motorsport puporses thats the real deal.
good luck on making your mine!
Old Oct 6, 2009, 07:17 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The SST MR is a good handling car.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 07:19 PM

Sounds like you want the fun and power but not the track, get it in black so when you get annoyed with the huge wing blocking all your rear view and decide to go wingless, you won't have to paint the carbon fibre do-luck trunk white.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

I'm getting the Touring, which has just the lip soiler. I know the wing would be better for performance, but I really prefer the look of the lip spoiler on this car.

Originally Posted by Vootie
Sounds like you want the fun and power but not the track, get it in black so when you get annoyed with the huge wing blocking all your rear view and decide to go wingless, you won't have to paint the carbon fibre do-luck trunk white.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Deception
You may also want to consider an Audi, possibly and A4 or an A6... Their more luxurious if your looking for more looks and handling then power...
I have had Audis and really don't want another one. I don't really like the way they drive. Although I'm buying the most luxurious Evo, I don't care so much for luxury any more. The Evo MR touring has just enough to keep me happy. Although stronger interior plastics would be nice, I'll take the trade off.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

WOW, i hope that when push comes to shove I have friends like you, you wont be dissapointed in the X. Not that i can compare but the excitement of driving the car plus the fulfillment of such a self-less act should cover whatever difference the X is lacking from the almighty GTR. Good luck and all the best for your friend.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RayH
Did you manually shift the GT-R or left it in full auto?

I remember reading a reviewer actually preferring the shift logic on the TC-SST since it buffered manual shift inputs instead of forcing the driver to wait until the shift completes before accepting the next input. Also a manual shift input would activate the manual mode and the shift requested while other systems would require two inputs to activate manual mode and a shift.
I almost exclusively drive in manual mode, but rarely take the benefit of the R transmission mode for faster shifts.

The GT-R also seems to buffer shifts. It definitely goes straight to manual mode if you hit the paddle at any time whether moving or not.

Quick Reply: From my '09 GT-R to a 2010 Lancer MR Touring?