Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

From my '09 GT-R to a 2010 Lancer MR Touring?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2009, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
m5 any day
Old Oct 6, 2009, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Spunkysandoval
m5 any day

I had an 08 550i sport and recently dumped it after it sat unused in my driveway for a year. Although the M5 is a different beast, I'm just somewhat sick of BMWs.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

M5 is stiff.
Mother had one. (06)
Now to a 08 M3..
Stiff aswell.

Although my IX is stiff, I still like it. And even though hers is faster,
mine goes Pshhhhh.

I get more attention.
I get the girls.
Ohyehz.

lol, but honestly, Evo X + ICP + Tune +FMIC + Exhaust + Cams + GT35R = Bye bYe Gt-R

Or so I assume.
But you should be in the mid 400's witht hat.
Be a man, run meth, and youll see 500's all day.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sleestack
I have a history of German car ownership (Mercedes CL 500, 600 hp CLK, BMW 550i, 330i w/ ZHP, Audi A6 4.2 and a few VWs). For the past year I have been driving a 2009 Nissan GT-R. My absoulte all time favorite car.

Recently I decided to sell my GT-R to assist a friend with some medical bills. It wasn't a difficult choice given the cause, but I definitely shed a few tears at the thought of not having my GT-R. I put 22K miles on it over the last 2 years and it has been an absolute dream to drive every day. I will undoubtedly buy another when the 2011s are released.

For the next two years, I want to drive something a little more practical than the GT-R. I can live without the power but the handling is something I do not want to sacrifice too much. I do not really track my cars so I want a few amenities too (leather, nav, etc.). I know many hardcore Lancer fans aren't fans of the Touring package, but I probably wouldn't even consider a Mitusbishi unless the Touring package was available.

In any case I'm close to closing the deal on my white MR Touring and could pick it up any day. The only thing holding me back is that many of my friends insist they can't see me driving a white Lancer after all the cars I have owned. I think I would be very happy with the Lancer despite what I'm used to, simply for the fun factor.

In any case I just wanted to see what Lancer X owners thought. Lancer X MR Touring or something like a used E46 M3 competition or M5? I think the Lancer is more in the spirit of my GT-R but my friends are calling me crazy.

Also, my cars have to have a back seat for my son.
just by looking at it in the picture it would be very very hard for me to sell it.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

I did say I am selling my GT-R to cover hospital bills for a friend (who is dying). I'm not sure if that still makes me insane.
It's ok then, I would have to sell it too.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

Ive driven a gtr before and handling is similar when you push the car to its limits. Im sure you will enjoy the evo x's handling bro. Good luck and welcome to the forums
Old Oct 6, 2009, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

Pick up a used m5 your not a boy racer an I think you'll feel the Evo is chinsey.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you seem to know your stuff haha..go with your instinct..so many people who never thought they would own a mitsubishi fell in love after driving an evo..
Old Oct 6, 2009, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow you must be one hell of of a friend! Best of luck to you and your friend!
Old Oct 6, 2009, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I did say I am selling my GT-R to cover hospital bills for a friend (who is dying). I'm not sure if that still makes me insane.
Sleestack, you are not insane buddy for doing this for a friend who is dying. What you are doing is a noble and selfless act. May the good things that you do unto others return to you someday in the future!
Old Oct 6, 2009, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The GT-R got me used to a an AWD system that feels like RWD but saves your butt when needed. That's what I'm also hoping to experience with the MR. I can live with the slighly cheap interior as long as the driving experience puts a smile on my face.

To me the GT-R and Lancer MR Touring both represent similar things. Amazing performance at their resepective price points. Maybe it's because I'm almost 40, but I simply no longer care about badge prestige. I like the fact that the GT-R and Lancer are made by companies that most people with MBs and BMWs wouldn't consider.
In that context, the STI might actually suit you better if that is what you absolutely want. The evo is 50-50 split between front and rear full time (except when the differential is unlocked of course). The tarmac/gravel/snow modes only dictate the delays between the differential locking and unlocking and vice-versa when the situation demands it. But the STI is more rear biased, and you can actually change the rear bias using the DCCD I believe. I would research the STI too just to ensure you're not missing out on them. points to note:

1) If you want a test drive in either of these, just drive up to either of these dealerships in your GTR. Both Subie and Mitsu are notorious for not allowing test rides in the STI and EVO respectively. Considering your age and the vehicle you just drove up to them in, you should have no trouble getting into one of them.

2) As soon as you buy the vehicle, get some basic work done to it like 3M etc to avoid all the issues people have been seeing with the paint jobs on these vehicles. The newer the vehicle, the easier it is to accomplish this step.

3) If you still have money left between helping your friend and buying the car, look into basic breathing mods (intake, IC piping, Catback Exhaust) and a tune for about 2.5 Grand.

4) Dunno much about subaru, but Mitsu warranty is a hit or miss, mostly miss. Just laying it out there. Dont say we did not warn you.

I am sure the GTR is a monster by all means, but after step (3) above, I doubt that you will not enjoy the Evo.

Last edited by CatalystGod; Oct 6, 2009 at 09:14 PM.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 09:24 PM

i think the Evo X GSR and MR are great cars personally compared to my Evo 9 MR, my Evo X GSR drive like a manual bmw 335i. I am comparing all 3 cars being stock, you personally won't be disappointed in a White Evo X MR it great for the money you are spending (you wont fine any car out there with the same performance at the same price) and you get to join evom community lol
Old Oct 6, 2009, 09:48 PM

Can't go wrong with the EVO X
Old Oct 6, 2009, 10:03 PM

What size race tracks do you take your GTR to?
Old Oct 6, 2009, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

wow amazing story..MR touring wont disappoint have fun with that sunroof too!

Quick Reply: From my '09 GT-R to a 2010 Lancer MR Touring?