Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

From my '09 GT-R to a 2010 Lancer MR Touring?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2009, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by knobby22
Haven't read through this thread, but I've had quite a few nice cars. Having owned 6 Porsche 911s including both 996 and 997 GT3s and a Ferrari, I kind of shrug my shoulders now with a 'been there done that' attitude.

I'm still a car guy but no longer require the badge to show the world that I've 'arrived'. It's all about the driving experience, and in that category, the Evo doesn't disappoint. It's not perfect, but it's a blast. In the end, that's what counts: drive a fun car.

As my kids get older, I find that I spend less time pursuing selfish possessions and more time pursuing stuff the whole family can enjoy. When I sold the Ferrari I bought a beach house that is our home base all summer long. I would do that again in a heartbeat!

One of the nice things of the Evo is that in addition to its practicality, you don't obsess over it, as in, care if it gets rained on or care too much about where it's parked. It's a freedom that I didn't have with some of the metal I've owned.
I care if my EVO gets rained on, I also watch where I park... I've done this with all my vehicles, I value you each and every one... You never know when it could be your last regardless of make or model!
Old Oct 7, 2009, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CatalystGod
In that context, the STI might actually suit you better if that is what you absolutely want. The evo is 50-50 split between front and rear full time (except when the differential is unlocked of course). The tarmac/gravel/snow modes only dictate the delays between the differential locking and unlocking and vice-versa when the situation demands it. But the STI is more rear biased, and you can actually change the rear bias using the DCCD I believe. I would research the STI too just to ensure you're not missing out on them. points to note:
The EVO X actually oversteers more than most RWD cars while the STI understeers no matter what split you use with the DCCD. The EVO X will handle much closer to the GTR than the STI.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

props to you in helping a friend in need... you can alway buy another car, but true freinds are one in a million! I think you will be very impressed by the EVO X, with a few mods it will be up to par with the GTR
Old Oct 7, 2009, 07:04 PM

You'll just have to get over the sh!ty interior, everything else about the X will please you.

BTW
Best of luck to your friend. I wish him a speedy recovery.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 10:26 PM
Evolving Member

^Damn, this guy is pretty tough... LOL
Old Oct 7, 2009, 10:26 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by heavyD
The EVO X actually oversteers more than most RWD cars while the STI understeers no matter what split you use with the DCCD. The EVO X will handle much closer to the GTR than the STI.
This...
Originally Posted by strocse
I read the first post and it smelled like so much bs I just skipped to this. I dont know what part to believe and not believe but you were either living on tight means with the GT-R or it never existed. We still do live in america and your friend can always get on medicaid and let the rest of us pay his medical bills. I just wish you didnt even get a MR and fell so far as to drive a colbolt ss .
Bad day?
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:22 PM
Evolving Member

To be honest with you bro, evo or sti are not going to suit your needs, i say get a b7 audi RS4!! i had a s4 and i miss the luxury.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you're a goof friend and congrats whenever you get you'r evo , i'm still searching for my 1st evo
Old Oct 8, 2009, 12:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by strocse
I read the first post and it smelled like so much bs I just skipped to this. I dont know what part to believe and not believe but you were either living on tight means with the GT-R or it never existed. We still do live in america and your friend can always get on medicaid and let the rest of us pay his medical bills. I just wish you didnt even get a MR and fell so far as to drive a colbolt ss .

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions or resentments. I am sorry if I offended you in some way.

I bought my GT-R with cash 2 years ago and have been a member at NAGTROC since that time (under the same name). I could dip into family savings to help my friend, but I chose to sacrifice something that is primarily for my own pleasure since it is, after all, my best friend who has peroitoneal carcinomatosis. My friend is not insured. He has been getting state and federal assistance for the last three months, but certain medications related to problems ancillary to the primary disease, are not being covered. He is also no longer working so the bills are also piling up.

I recently sold my 550i (in the picture) because it wasn't being used and the Mercedes (also in the picture) is an Evosport tuned deathtrap with no back seat. Alas, I need a car I can drive every day that can also accomodate my son. The Lancer MR seemed to fit the bill.

In any case, the GT-R was delivered to the buyer tonight and I should be picking up the MR tomorrow or Friday.

I found your "wishing a cobalt on me" pretty funny.

Last edited by Sleestack; Oct 8, 2009 at 12:43 AM.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 12:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pcasso87
To be honest with you bro, evo or sti are not going to suit your needs, i say get a b7 audi RS4!! i had a s4 and i miss the luxury.
I swore off Audis when I blew my tranny and engine on my A6 4.2 1 week after my warranty expired. I do like them but, I'm trying to get away from German cars for now. I would really love to see the RS5 when it comes out.

Maybe I'm going through some midlife crisis, but I really don't care so much for luxury anymore. The MR Touring seemed to have just enough to keep me happy, but my opinion may change after living with it for a year. I'm sure the leather won't hold up that great and I did notice a few thin plastic components.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 12:25 AM
Evolving Member

I think this is what you guys are looking for:http://www.topgear.com/content/featu...ries/12/3.html
Old Oct 8, 2009, 12:30 AM
Evolving Member

there is one more article that shows acceleration, lap comparisons, all the goodies, you would just have to look for it.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 12:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MitsuOZ
I think this is what you guys are looking for:http://www.topgear.com/content/featu...ries/12/3.html

Thanks. Fun read that pretty much sums up why I loved the GT-R so much, and at the same time reinforces why I was drawn to the MR as a reasonable alternative... at least for a year or two.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

Audi S4. Turbo'd, 4 wheel drive, leather, luxurious, about the same price. Even German!
Old Oct 8, 2009, 08:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
The MR is a great car, I don't think you will be disappointed. A few mods / tune the car really comes alive. Good Luck!

Michael

Quick Reply: From my '09 GT-R to a 2010 Lancer MR Touring?