Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

From my '09 GT-R to a 2010 Lancer MR Touring?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2009, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From my '09 GT-R to a 2010 Lancer MR Touring?

I have a history of German car ownership (Mercedes CL 500, 600 hp CLK, BMW 550i, 330i w/ ZHP, Audi A6 4.2 and a few VWs). For the past year I have been driving a 2009 Nissan GT-R. My absoulte all time favorite car.

Recently I decided to sell my GT-R to assist a friend with some medical bills. It wasn't a difficult choice, but I definitely shed a few tears at the thought of not having my GT-R. I put 22K miles on it over the last 2 years and it has been an absolute dream to drive every day. I will undoubtedly buy another when the 2011s are released.

For the next two years, I want to drive something a little more practical than the GT-R. I can live without the power but the handling is something I do not want to sacrifice too much. I do not really track my cars so I want a few amenities too (leather, nav, etc.). I know many hardcore Lancer fans aren't fans of the Touring package, but I probably wouldn't even consider a Mitusbishi unless the Touring package was available.

I'm close to closing the deal on my white MR Touring and could pick it up any day. The only thing holding me back is that many of my friends insist they can't see me driving a white Lancer after all the cars I have owned. I think I would be very happy with the Lancer despite what I'm used to, simply for the fun factor.

In any case I just wanted to see what Lancer X owners thought. Lancer X MR Touring or something like a used E46 M3 competition or M5? I think the Lancer is more in the spirit of my GT-R but my friends are calling me crazy.

Also, my cars have to have a back seat for my son.

Last edited by Sleestack; Oct 28, 2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 03:41 PM

You cant go wrong with the handling of an evolution.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

I think you are insane. I mean an EVO is good and all but you are trading in your GTR???? Well its the EVO wil definitly be a lot cheaper... And if money isn't an issue, Keep the GTR and get the EVO too.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

^^^The handling on the Evo X much like the GTR matches and even surpasses super car territory....plus if you ever wanna mod it the aftermarket is great and an exhaust doesn't cost 10K like a GTR
Old Oct 6, 2009, 03:48 PM

Sorry to hear you have to sell you GT-R, Its a great car, i would buy one if i had the money. lol
Old Oct 6, 2009, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evolv3dEvo8
You cant go wrong with the handling of an evolution.

The GT-R got me used to a an AWD system that feels like RWD but saves your butt when needed. That's what I'm also hoping to experience with the MR. I can live with the slighly cheap interior as long as the driving experience puts a smile on my face.

To me the GT-R and Lancer MR Touring both represent similar things. Amazing performance at their resepective price points. Maybe it's because I'm almost 40, but I simply no longer care about badge prestige. I like the fact that the GT-R and Lancer are made by companies that most people with MBs and BMWs wouldn't consider.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

Well I feel very strongly about the Evo X. You might feel it's a little less exciting than your GT-R, seeing it had nearly 200hp less. Nevertheless, the handling on an Evo is second to none, so I'm sure as a daily driver, it will be great fun for you.

As for which package you chose, that's entirely up to you. Either way, you can't say one is uglier than another.

Good luck and hope your friend gets well soon!
Old Oct 6, 2009, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

I did say I am selling my GT-R to cover hospital bills for a friend (who is dying). I'm not sure if that still makes me insane.

Originally Posted by Azntoyhere
I think you are insane. I mean an EVO is good and all but you are trading in your GTR???? Well its the EVO wil definitly be a lot cheaper... And if money isn't an issue, Keep the GTR and get the EVO too.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Philly, Germany, Japan, UK...South Dakota (Da Sticks).......
Well they did call the Evo the little Godzilla....
Old Oct 6, 2009, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

Thats true. What about an STI? Have you ever look into that car? What do you think about that car?

Originally Posted by Sleestack
Repeat.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Azntoyhere
Thats true. What about an STI? Have you ever look into that car? What do you think about that car?
I did, but I really prefer the look and the stock skidpad numbers of the Lancer. I think Clarkson's comparison of the two had some influence on me too.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

respectable. i dont think you will be disappointed in the evo at all. Hell, with a few bolt ons and a tune...you will be more then happy.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoFtw23
Sorry to hear you have to sell you GT-R, Its a great car, i would buy one if i had the money. lol

Wasn't so much about having to, as much as wanting to make a sacrifice for a friend in need without going into any family savings. I will definitely buy another when the 2011s are available.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

Baller talk right there. I hate you...

Wasn't so much about having to, as much as wanting to make a sacrifice for a friend in need without going into any family savings. I will definitely buy another when the 2011s are available.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

I did say I am selling my GT-R to cover hospital bills for a friend (who is dying). I'm not sure if that still makes me insane.
Wow, That is a very unselfish thing to do! Best wishes to your friend!

I think for half the money the evo is a formitable contender for sure and with that being said there is really no other car for the money than comes close plus the potential to upgrade everything is there and will continue to grow.

Quick Reply: From my '09 GT-R to a 2010 Lancer MR Touring?