Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How do I get this smell out?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2009, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are going with the organic pet stain/odour enzyme remover....If you don't use urine-off, you can use what is available in the pet stores...but remember to 'saturate' the carpet with the spray....,spend the dollars to get rid of the odour.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 02:26 AM
Evolved Member

urine-off, is that anything like Va-Poo-rize? BTW, Odour is a CK fragrance in the US!

In all seriousness, those are good tips, coryl. I actually had a breve (creme) in our old G35 and took a corner and it was like someone had sniped the cup - that muh-fuggah exploded all over the car! We went the oxyclean route but it was just too much and all over and we eventually got rid of that car. It still smelled nasty on a hot day. </vomit>

BTW - there is a mythbusters episode where they test if you could sell a car that someone died in. They basically put a couple dead pigs in the car for a couple days and then tried all sorts of cleaning methods. I think the smell persisted but they did sell it.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 07:50 AM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The baking soda thing works pretty well too. I've made little sneaker deodorizers like that by filling panty hose with baking soda. I guess you can make a huge wad of it and stuff it underneath your seat. Just hope the cops don't see it...
Old Oct 8, 2009, 09:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol.. love the story! :P
Old Oct 8, 2009, 09:33 AM

Ozium kills all
Old Oct 8, 2009, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by coryl
I'm a 'girl' EVO owner, and I'm known as the stain and odour remover expert.
The best way to rid of stains and smells is with one of two things...First is with Oxyclean...take the mats to the laundry mat and use powdered Oxyclean in addition to the detergent....it 'may' slightly take out color but not too badly and will not stain like bleach would. The second is with pet stain removers...they contain enzymes that naturally break down 'organic'(natural) waste (which would include fishy things)...spray the carpet with this pet spray deoderizer and then wash the carpets afterwards. It all depends on whether the liquid went through the mats onto the rugs in the car. If this happened, then wash the rugs with oxyclean, and then steamclean the rugs in the car rug with Oxyclean (make the oxyclean powder into a liquid form and add in the detergent compartment instead of using detergent in the machine)....it might discolor slightly, but it will be uniform. If you go the pet spray route (easier), and it went through the mats, then saturate the carpets below with the same pet spray...the best pet spray is called "urine-off", www.urine-off.com and you can buy it online or through the shopping channels in the U.S. and Canada...it isn't cheap, but it's enzymes are really good.
These are the only things that will work....trust me...don't want that smell in your car for the rest of your life which will happen if you don't destroy the protein/organic waste. Know that people who own pets that have been sprayed with organic (skunk) smell this for years afterwards and you don't want this in your car....you need to destroy the base of the problem, and not cover it with flower sprays (including things like febrese)...
Wow, glad we have a woman to help the grubby dudes out.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Rubber mats... Solve all problems!

The blunt spray works too If it is just ONE mat, just replace them, time to get rubber mats anyway. Winter is coming.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by yahu
urine-off, is that anything like Va-Poo-rize? BTW, Odour is a CK fragrance in the US!

In all seriousness, those are good tips, coryl. I actually had a breve (creme) in our old G35 and took a corner and it was like someone had sniped the cup - that muh-fuggah exploded all over the car! We went the oxyclean route but it was just too much and all over and we eventually got rid of that car. It still smelled nasty on a hot day. </vomit>

BTW - there is a mythbusters episode where they test if you could sell a car that someone died in. They basically put a couple dead pigs in the car for a couple days and then tried all sorts of cleaning methods. I think the smell persisted but they did sell it.
When that happened, it must have scared the poo out of the occupants of the car...maybe that was the scent that lingered...lol...I had to say it!!!

I've heard those stories of finding a dead person sitting in their car for days...I think I had one of those cars a few years ago...in summer, the car had a bad smell on those hot and humid days...thank god you can drive with the windows open at that time of year.

Steam cleaning with regular carpet solutions only drives the scent deeper into the carpets and makes the spread of the waste wider. I would go the enzyme remover method first, then steam clean with oxyclean...I would do both processes...you may even want to do the processes twice, but worth it in my books to get that odour out!
Old Oct 9, 2009, 04:39 PM

I detail cars. Mix Woolite and water into a solution - dump it all over the carpet and start scrubbing with a hardish plastic brush. Rinse clean and repeat a couple times. Works like magic for gasoline spills or any other scent you need out of carpet.

I use a wet vac to get the water out of the floor carpets when smells aren't just on the mats....mats make it 10x easier.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

^ thanks I'll give that a shot. The Pet odor remover enzyme spray didn't work very well.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

baking soda and ammonia or vinegar in a bowl or something
Old Oct 9, 2009, 05:33 PM

change yer soks
Old Oct 9, 2009, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LRM1981
^ thanks I'll give that a shot. The Pet odor remover enzyme spray didn't work very well.
Which enzyme pet spray did you use?
Old Oct 10, 2009, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Deception

Used to get rid of... Well the name of it kinda gives it away... It does remove all scents from cars tho
^^
Old Oct 10, 2009, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rogue
vinegar in a bowl or something
I've heard this works wonders... you could have a cup of vinegar and put it in the cup holder. You don't wanna drive around with the open cup sitting there though for obvious reasons.