Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

fuel line recall, dealer update what a joke

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2009, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alex3dworld
Guys. Put this in your head. There is no bad or good dealers, people make places unpleasant or great places. you can have a beautiful person in finance department and a stupid monkey in your service department. Go to every single dealer in your region, and try with little **** first like free nitrogen in tires, etc,
I have one dealer for every stuff; always ask for the same mechanic. Give him some presents. He will remember you next time
We are humans.
We all know this, but it's easier to refer to dealership names. The dealership experience is the sum of its employees.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by slo4g63
Skyline on 104th...
Not surprised... They made me sweat when I brought mine in a year ago for the notchy shifts. When I saw that they were marking up their Evos by $10k I decided to never go back there. Mitsu dealerships seem to really excel at losing repeat business.

I think I'm going to take mine to Mile High next week.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by supergengo
The dealership experience is the sum of its employees.
+1 Agreed.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

I got my fuel line recall taken care of today, dealer also charged me for 30min extra labor due to aftermarket UICP (1 piece).
oh well, I'm going to avoid dealer untill next recall comes up, hopefully this was the last one.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:46 PM

Skyline on 104th...
I took mine to Quality on Broadway - they didn't say anything about my mods - UICP, FMIC, LICP, etc. The only thing I did was put back in the stock air filter and uninstall the COBB AP since I got the AYC flash also.

Heck - they even tightened up my COBB rear sway bar since it was rattling a little - no charge.

I think Skyline and Arapahoe are part of the "Dealin' Doug" chain right?
Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:01 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So I turned my car in today for awc flash, hood latch recall, and fuel line return.... along with getting my seats repaired (staple issue) and stereo issue (speakers on right side no sound with cd player but works fine with fm radio).

Service just called me to advise that there "may" be additional charges due to "lots of modifications" making them do extra work for the fuel line return recall.

They are referring to the hard upper intercooler piping

What a joke, this just solidifies why I won't buy a Mitsubishi again, plus with no loaner cars, no ride to work when you drop your car off, and service/parts not open at all on weekends. All dealerships in the Denver area are doing this.
Screw them. I think they invoke recalls on purpose for their dealers so they can reel you in, "fix" them and then tell you there are 12 other things they need to do for $2000.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

sucks to hear...i hate going to mitsubishi dealerships..i never have a problem with honda.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tomeks
I got my fuel line recall taken care of today, dealer also charged me for 30min extra labor due to aftermarket UICP (1 piece).
oh well, I'm going to avoid dealer untill next recall comes up, hopefully this was the last one.
you should have fought that......
Old Oct 15, 2009, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

I ended up slightly irritated on the phone after our conversation and them not being able to justify the extra labor needed to remove a 2-piece upper that is in the stock location. Told them I had already zip tied it off long before and will monitor it myself in case the hose degrades over time.

So they ended up doing it and the other recalls without charging me. Outsourced the seat fix under warranty and didn't do a damn thing about the radio. Said the usual, they couldn't find a problem. Which I had told them couple months back and also last week when I set up the appt about how the speakers on the right side go out when driving and playing a cd but not while listening to the FM radio.

Oh well, at least they washed my car, but then again, every dealer has done that when my car has gone in for some sort of service. Amazing though, this was the first car I have ever owned that had to go in for a recall haha. Just lucky before with previous cars....
Old Oct 15, 2009, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

i completly agree with the service, no loaner cars, dealerships are far between, and crappy hours !! for 40,000 should have bought a lexus or bmw and get the royal treatment,

not that im complaining the evo is still a great car,
Old Oct 15, 2009, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah the EVO is a great car, or else I would never consider owning any Mitsu, and definitely wouldn't have been a repeat buyer.

When it comes time to get rid of this car I will be switching brands however. Hope they have another brand out by then that is AWD for around the similar price range that doesn't act like a FWD on a roadcourse like the STI.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i also have a 2 piece and didnt hear them say anything about it. i also do believe that at the dealership i go to they give out loaners or at least would drive you to where you want to go and pick you up later. last statement is a fact since i personally heard a service manager offer the lady i was sitting with to drive her to where she would want to go as the repair on her car would take longer than expected.

like somewhat had mentioned its not "mitsubushi" per se but its the dealership you go to. also i do believe this is not an only "mitsubishi dealership" problem, try researching and you would find it also on other brands.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah guess I have just been lucky, since 02' had a Honda s2k, Subaru STI, Ford svt cobra, Infinity g35 coupe, never with any issues like that. Actually everytime I went into service, it was a pleasant experience. Only in Colorado with both my evo's has it been a pain. But yes, there will be other dealerships that do the same.

My next purchase will be the first time I will be persuaded due to there service and parts department, maybe not on the car I buy, but location.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 07:44 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
I'm not doing the recall at a dealership.
I will monitor it periodically for stress, but its not worth it. What's the chance if it cracking? 1:1000?

If I end up keeping the car for any length of time, I'll order the part and do it myself.

The dealership I bought my car from has a tech there who I totally trust, but its 3.5 hours away. Sigh.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Damn Jay! That sucks! Honestly, I had to do quite a bit of *****ing at Skyline to get them to fix my current problems with the car. The lady Cheryl in the service department, is strictly by the book. She won't deviate from anything when it comes to warranty and mods. It's a bunch of bull****. Nice girl, but she gives no lenience. If you talk to Dean, the service manager, he's a tad easier to work with. And if you create a huge stink, like I did, they will just do what they need to do to service the car. One of the sales managers (Brian Lockhart, I think) told me that they had techs that would tend to look past minor modifications to the car, but it's a bunch of crap. He's also the one that told me that I should purchase the extended warranty because it would cover items that are broken due to aftermarket modifications (excluding the aftermarket part itself). When I go in there today, I'm going to create another fiasco by making them straighten out the he-said she-said situation about the extended warranty crap. Cheryl says extended warranty will not cover items due to mods, whereas the sales guys say it will. I don't like the idea that the sales guys just tried to sell me an extended warranty, just because...

Just make sure you take the phone survey you get in a few days. Cheryl made a point to tell me to take the survey because it's very important to them. That's when they did my fuel pipe and AWC flash. I gave them all 5's on that one, because they didn't screw it up. But this next time I get a call from them, they are going to get dinged. My car has been in the shop for a freaking WEEK! I'm sorry, but that's FAR too long for them to replace an ECU.

Oh, and one other thing. Last time I took it in there, I told them NOT to wash the car. The last time they washed it, they just sprayed it off with hose water, and barely dried it. There were spots everywhere, and they missed all kinds of stuff. I told her not to let them touch it because last time they did a crappy job.

Maybe it's time we start compiling all these Skyline problems into a list that we can take to them and use against them, or at the very least, to keep other people from buying an Evo from them. I may take my car to a different dealer the next time. But since they messed up selling me a car with mods they didn't know about, I have to stick with them for now.

Quick Reply: fuel line recall, dealer update what a joke