Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

fuel line recall, dealer update what a joke

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fuel line recall, dealer update what a joke

So I turned my car in today for awc flash, hood latch recall, and fuel line return.... along with getting my seats repaired (staple issue) and stereo issue (speakers on right side no sound with cd player but works fine with fm radio).

Service just called me to advise that there "may" be additional charges due to "lots of modifications" making them do extra work for the fuel line return recall.

They are referring to the hard upper intercooler piping

What a joke, this just solidifies why I won't buy a Mitsubishi again, plus with no loaner cars, no ride to work when you drop your car off, and service/parts not open at all on weekends. All dealerships in the Denver area are doing this.

Last edited by slo4g63; Oct 14, 2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Do you have a one-piece UICP? If not, how is the hard pipe any different than the stock in terms of taking it off....
Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sucks, I had mine done last weekend and was going to do an oil change while they fix the recall only to find out that an oil change cost 85 bucks. Ouch, I just ended up doing it myself later on in the day and just payed for an oil filter for 8 bucks. Plus I had a coupon to Autozone for $20 for 5 qts of Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic. Service at any dealership is a rip off.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

Bummer. Okay, most places don't have loaner cars so I'm not sure that's totally fair but they don't even have a courtesy vehicle to drop you off!?!? That's pretty ridiculous!

I too was worried my dealer would ask for extra money on the fuel pipe recall since I have UICP installed. They didn't though. Yay.

Your dealership sounds terrible! Come to SoCal...
Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

It's not Mitsubishi fault for the lack of loaner, thats totally up to the dealership! All Mitsubishi dealerships are independently owned, therefore Mitsubishi has nothing to do with sales, service and so forth. You modified your car, what do you expect? Obviously, Mitsubishi frowns on this so why come to the EVO board and start another rant thread about the Warranty when all manufacturers are going to fight you over modifications unless the after-market parts are being sold through the manufacturer.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:08 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
They can't charge you for recall work!!!!!

I brought my car in modded. They did not say one damn thing.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LaXGSR
Do you have a one-piece UICP? If not, how is the hard pipe any different than the stock in terms of taking it off....
It's a 2-piece

Originally Posted by poopcano
That sucks, I had mine done last weekend and was going to do an oil change while they fix the recall only to find out that an oil change cost 85 bucks. Ouch, I just ended up doing it myself later on in the day and just payed for an oil filter for 8 bucks. Plus I had a coupon to Autozone for $20 for 5 qts of Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic. Service at any dealership is a rip off.
I actually asked about how much an oil change was while I was there this morning: $92.00 I'll do it myself this weekend.

Originally Posted by supergengo
Bummer. Okay, most places don't have loaner cars so I'm not sure that's totally fair but they don't even have a courtesy vehicle to drop you off!?!? That's pretty ridiculous!

I too was worried my dealer would ask for extra money on the fuel pipe recall since I have UICP installed. They didn't though. Yay.

Your dealership sounds terrible! Come to SoCal...
Yeah no courtesy vehicle, but all my previous cars, s2k, 03 cobra, 04 g35 coupe, 04 sti...all the dealerships gave me a car for the day or two. Obviously my evo IX, I never had to take it in, and now.... gotta put on an extra 70+ miles for having my other half follow me to dealer and drop me off at work, and pick me up later to do the same.

I am originally from socal, damn if I could find a job there, I would move today haha.

Last edited by slo4g63; Oct 14, 2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Xtremist
You modified your car, what do you expect? Obviously, Mitsubishi frowns on this so why come to the EVO board and start another rant thread about the Warranty when all manufacturers are going to fight you over modifications unless the after-market parts are being sold through the manufacturer.
You need to read my post again..... I am not ranting on about the warranty... Let me explain again, I am there for warranty work for the radio and seats.

Fuel line (keyword) RECALL not warranty work.

Last edited by slo4g63; Oct 14, 2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:57 AM

Which dealership was this?
Old Oct 14, 2009, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cool_g_83
Which dealership was this?
Skyline on 104th...
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow, that sucks. I stayed with mine and they didn't say anything about my mods, took care of everything and sent me on my way in 3 hours.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

I took mine in for the recall work last week. I had to drive 30 miles to the nearest dealership. I also took my two youngest kids with me (aged 5 and 21 months) because I assumed it would take 30 minutes. It took over 3 hours. My kids were not happy. Granted, they did do the hood latch replacement at the same time. But three hours? I also have an intake and tune and nothing was mentioned about it.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evofan_08
wow, that sucks. I stayed with mine and they didn't say anything about my mods, took care of everything and sent me on my way in 3 hours.
I hate you hahaha.....
Old Oct 14, 2009, 01:15 PM

The place I go to for oil changes charges me $18 for just the labor for oil change, oil filter change, and tire rotation.

I provide my own oil and filter.

Way better than going to a dealer (they won't give you beef about mods or anything), and cheap enough that it's worth it for me to pay someone else to do it. With recalls though, dealers have to do them for free, with or without a warranty, according to the law.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

Guys. Put this in your head. There is no bad or good dealers, people make places unpleasant or great places. you can have a beautiful person in finance department and a stupid monkey in your service department. Go to every single dealer in your region, and try with little **** first like free nitrogen in tires, etc,
I have one dealer for every stuff; always ask for the same mechanic. Give him some presents. He will remember you next time
We are humans.

Quick Reply: fuel line recall, dealer update what a joke