Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.
View Poll Results: What shall i do, Trade or stick with current MR
Stick with current MR
40.94%
Trade for GSR
59.06%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Shall i trade for a GSR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2009, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Noize niled it on the head... you wanted a GSR and settled for the MR... so take off all the parts and trade it and swap the parts onto the GSR. lol maybe you can find comeone that would want to trade less the interior and swap the mr seats into the gsr? best of both worlds.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by flyboytb
I think Noize niled it on the head... you wanted a GSR and settled for the MR... so take off all the parts and trade it and swap the parts onto the GSR. lol maybe you can find comeone that would want to trade less the interior and swap the mr seats into the gsr? best of both worlds.
That would be sweet lol... i know the MR will have the capability some day but it's just when is that day and how much will that day cost lol... I'm thinking more cost efficent also. I'm so confused, because i love my car! I am getting the SSP trans in soon, so maybe i should wait until i feel that right?
Old Oct 16, 2009, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

U alrdy know what I would say lol (stick with it!)

Patience man, patience. Give it some time, more companies will look at it and I'm sure the sst will end up like DSG and be totally tunable.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 12:56 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Of course you should wait on the ssp. That will totally change what you can do. Honestly I hate the auto mode on my mr. So I stay in paddle mode at all times. Still makes you interface with the car and maintain quick shifting.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

If you buy the GSR, swap the seats out with the MR haha....
Old Oct 16, 2009, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

I voted to keep the MR. Once you upgrade the tranny clutches you can run just as much power as a gsr and have lighting fast shifts.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

true, i just miss the shifting.... but you guys are right, the MR will be awesome as soon as the silly trans gets upgraded... has anyone weighed out the pros and cons of the MR over the GSR or vice versa...
Old Oct 16, 2009, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
hey phil, trade it in and trade me the 2010 skirts.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

Okay...so its you I was talking to yesterday at AMS! I'm the guy with the 9 that was getting tuned when I met you in the lobby.

Heck of a delema! I would be extremely frustrated if I was you and had experienced the problems you have had with your trans in the MR. I actually thought about this problem on the way home to Milwaukee.

I think the new MR once it has a "built" transmission capable of 400+ hp will be extremely sick! It would be a blast around town and on the track alike.

If you are looking for that pedal to stick relationship, you have only one choice-GSR. I think if you stick with the MR its going to be a much more expensive mod path to the 450whp as you stated earlier. I think you have a couple more failed transmission in your future. Although you can look at it in a positive way in the fact that you will be pushing and expanding the limits of the MR trans!

Good luck with your decision! BTW I voted to keep the MR
Old Oct 16, 2009, 03:20 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you can make it work out financially, I say go for it. No reason to spend every day driving a car you aren't 100% happy with.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 03:49 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by dsm_mikey
I think if you stick with the MR its going to be a much more expensive mod path to the 450whp as you stated earlier. I think you have a couple more failed transmission in your future.
Common misconceptions.

A) In order to be at 450whp on a GSR safely, you need to upgrade the center differential pins and the clutch (well into the $1800 territory). Pretty similar price to a SST clutch upgrade.

B) The very few failed SST transmissions there has been, they were on just as many stock cars as modded cars. The consensus has usually been a failed logic board and not the tranny itself.

But again, if you can't enjoy the paddle shifters, you truly do not like using them. I say get a GSR and take the hit. Your happiness is all that matters, screw what other people think. It's all about you and what you think. You're going to have fanboys on each side trying to convince you either way. Just do what will make you happy.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 11:48 PM

I had the same feeling about getting an MR but instead got the GSR, I have loved every minute of the car... I'd say trade it
Old Oct 17, 2009, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

I would have traded mine in for a GSR, but sadly I would lose my a$$ in the deal. For those who were able to get the MR at 0% it might be more feasible; unfortunately it isn't going to happen for me any time soon.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 07:55 AM

im a fan of both cars! it is a hard chose
Old Oct 17, 2009, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I voted to get the GSR for the following reasons:

1) You need gobs of power and the MR is not gonna give you that in the near future. (Note to MR owners: I'm not a hater )

2) if you want all the nice stuff an MR has like the NAV etc, just get a loaded GSR and have it upholstered with real leather. would still be cheaper.

3) If all you want is leather, get a base GSR and spend the saved cash on aftermarket aero parts + leather. Again, this would be cheaper, better quality and better looking than buying the aero parts from Mitsu. This is what I would do if I had to go over my purchase again.

4) If the MR is going to make power reliably anywhere near the GSR, its going to be at-least a few years. I'm sure you can re-consider a trade at that point, although unlikely if you are missing a manual shift so damn much.

Quick Reply: Shall i trade for a GSR