Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.
View Poll Results: What shall i do, Trade or stick with current MR
Stick with current MR
40.94%
Trade for GSR
59.06%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Shall i trade for a GSR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2009, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i really am happy with everyones response, thank you. I do think down the road we will see some great numbers for the MR. I think the best thing to do is wait until next year and see what happens after my tranny swap. From what i'm seeing no one who has a GSr wants to trade that for an MR, is this correct?
Old Oct 17, 2009, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would think that is correct ^^
Old Oct 17, 2009, 10:42 AM

i would go with the gsr, if you really love to drive you car, i would stick with manual, and about the transmission, more companies are finding out its not the actual transmission, it has something to do with the chip or some ****, i think it was ams or tomei and figured out the problem, the tranny is just fine in the gsr
Old Oct 17, 2009, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

MR owner here. I have never used the auto shift function on my MR, either paddle shift or slapstick for me and coming from two different six speed manuals and a bunch of 5 speed manuals I absolutely love the TC SST. But to each his own. I beat up gsrs with more mods then me at the track all the time do to a superior transmission with superior shift speeds. Not to mention the gobs of problems GSR owners have had with their transmissions and added HP. If you miss shifting that much and have the money to upgrade the GSR's tranny right off the get go go for it! If not, be patient and work with what you have! Cheers
Old Oct 17, 2009, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

I would of waited for the GSR and not taken the MR. I dont like the paddle shift idea, I like the shifting gears like a regular manual car. When I got my GSR the guy tried to sell me an MR cause thats what I showed up in. It was an 8 so it was a 6 speed, he didnt even make it out the lot and I didnt like it. He told me to give it a try and I said "hell no Im buying what I want and this isnt it". I am very happy I didnt get thet MR, I would feel like you are right now, I knew I would later want a GSR.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

As far as beefing up the SST, and the supposed companies "working on it"...I'll take it as a myth until I see an MR with the "beefed up tranny". Until then the MR is not a good platform for major modifications. If you want a near stock car with bolt-on mods, fine...but don't have any hopes on getting this mythical reinforcement to the SST anytime soon.

For me personally, any sort of performance machine I've owned, it's always been manual. I feel already bad enough the car does some of the driving for me (S-AWC), i'd feel awful knowing that it was shifting the gears for me as well (as well as rev matching on downshifts). Too much overload if you ask me. I might as well be a crash test dummy driving the MR since most of the driving input is taken care of by the car.

To me it sounds like you enjoy rowing through the gears yourself...sorry to hear that you've got regrets over your purchase. I'm kinda surprised you even considered the MR. Shopping for this car the SST was never a consideration.

Last edited by shyong; Oct 17, 2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 05:52 PM

Personally i think the new Evo is starting to lose the essense of evo so i say stay with the MR

just my opinion though i am sure evox owners are loving their cars
Old Oct 18, 2009, 06:08 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by M156
Personally i think the new Evo is starting to lose the essense of evo so i say stay with the MR

just my opinion though i am sure evox owners are loving their cars
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubi...ncer_Evolution

I think a lot of people don't realize the history of the evo. Look at how it's evolved from 1g. It's night and day between 1g and 9g. The difference between my 8 and the X is night and day. They are great cars.

+1 for staying with the MR.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by philamthebest
i really am happy with everyones response, thank you. I do think down the road we will see some great numbers for the MR. I think the best thing to do is wait until next year and see what happens after my tranny swap. From what i'm seeing no one who has a GSr wants to trade that for an MR, is this correct?
I have a PB X GSR and would trade it to you for your MR. I'm local if you're serious...
Old Oct 19, 2009, 10:19 AM

I love my 5 speed and dont think i would enjoy the sst in the evo.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

A lot of it is going to hinge on how much you'd lose on any sort of trade like that.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

if you really want speed, then go back to an evo 8 or 9, the x's just dont bring the speed expectations everyone had.

Sure the x is much better looking than the 8 or 9 but it sounds like you want a track car.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

Get the GSR and sell me your SSP tranny for cheap! lol
Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:38 PM

I would stick with the MR. You already bought it. It's still an Evo X
Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by philamthebest
I have a GSR and would swap! But not sure how that would really work since mine is financed through MMCA.

Quick Reply: Shall i trade for a GSR