Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X MR vs. Manual C6 Corvette?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2009, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if your not going to get a Z06 then i would say EvoX...easier to drive, more fun in the turns and can fit people/cargo.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

The Recaros are great for long trips as I've taken more than one long trip and the seats were the best I've ever sat in! My Dad however does complain about how low the car sets and how the seats are hard to get in and out of, although the Corvette would set as low if not lower. I pay no mind getting in and out of the seats you adapt to it quickly, but then again I'm 26 and my Dad is 52.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 08:36 AM

I think the MR is better...i guess it completely depends on the needs of the driver...but take the 6k and put it into an MR...and you'll smoke vettes out there, no problem.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 08:44 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Lots of Evo guys in this thread are smoking the good stuff. Corvette all the way.

You can not make an MR the total package that a new C6 is with $6000, not even close. The Vette is nearly 300 pounds lighter, has 140HP more, and area under the curve the 4B11 cannot fathom. An LS3 Vette traps 115-116mph box stock and the handling is good. It might not feel as sharp or darty as an Evo due to the steering rack, but it can hold a lot more rubber under it and will crush an MR like a gnat on any racetrack, straight or with turns.

If you don't need four doors, there is no pro case for the MR in this instance. This isn't even a comparison, its a murder.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 09:00 AM

I say don't conform. Get an Evo!

I love my X MR because it fits everything I was wanting to get out of a car. I do agree that it depends on what you want to do with the car. Being that they are completely different(imo), that should make the decision pretty easy.

Good Luck!
Old Oct 20, 2009, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd always take the Evo because of my lifestyle of having to go to the store, take my wife and sometimes her brother and sister or friends with us, i'm in Md and while we haven't had hardly any snow these last few years... I just feel more comfortable knowing I have AWD if it is needed for the snow or even the rain.

I must confess however that never have I liked any Corvette.. I don't know why, it has just never appealed to me in any way. If I had 6000 more to spend i'd likely be looking at either the MR with a few mods as some guys have suggested, or the 135i which Noize had and then went back to an Evo lol.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The only thing the evo has over the vette is a rear seat and $6k cheaper. The vette wins every other category.

It's lighter, faster (turns and straights), better looking, I bet it's cheaper to insure, has a bigger trunk, probably has cheaper consumables, while harder to drive it's probably more fun an rewarding, I bet you'll fit a better profile in the eyes of the law so you'll be able to get away with more of the tit for tat stuff.

If it were me, I'd go with the vette.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 09:28 AM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
you have owned the evo now try the vette.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Vette is nice... but how many do you see on the street? I prefer a much more uncommon, mean-looking, & practical car like the Evo. Have a wife & daughter, so I'm never going back to a 2-seater.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

I solved the very same problem by buying both.

and to those that say they would only buy the Z06..yeah, I hear you, but then again the LS3 isn't chopped liver either- it crushes my GSR on tracks or acceleration contests.

-the evo is way easier/safer to drive at 99 percent on the street- it might even be faster in some cases.
-the vette shines on a track with wide runout (no walls) where you can let it all out and get a feel for it.
the evo is what I drive 7 out of 10 times- it's more practical
-the vette becomes tiresome to crawl in and out of
-the vette kills on economy (I got 29 mpg on a 900 mile drive)
-runflats sap the vette's potential somewhat
-you have to respect rear wheel drive and that is hard to remember when you drive an awd car with good tires 70 percent of the time.
-cops ignore the vette in town-not at all like driving a honda and insurance is cheaper

Last edited by mike100; Oct 20, 2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

How about a 09+ Porsche Cayman S with PDK? That has the same type of tranny and its a little more upscale... just kinda cramped in the cabin.

-Fred

Originally Posted by Stangar
Kick me in the groin maybe I'll think of something.

I've test driven the Evo X MR now on three separate occassions and also the C6 Corvette the same amount.

Why do I keep coming back to the Evo other than it is fun to drive?

The Corvette has a large, clunky feeling. The Corvette is much faster (they say) but it really doesn't have the excitement factor. The C6 is probably a better highway car. The C6 would be about 6,000 more than the Evo.

I'm bad about buying and buyers remorse and I'm trying to prevent a purchase I would regret.

The little secret is I'm 56 years old and everyone in my age group wants a Corvette, not an Evo. Kick, me again. I can't decide.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

Edit: fail on my part. Thought this discussion was on Z06 vs mr. my comment no longer needs to be made o.O

Last edited by Jeremycafe; Oct 20, 2009 at 09:45 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
A PDK Cayman S would probably be $20k more than the vette.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

if u do alot of highway driving
i would suggest u go for the corvette if u have long trips
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

don't worry about what anyone thinks, its what you want. but unless you track the vette, it'd be a big mistake. the performance of that would be slightly better, but thats only a weekend car. the evo is great at combining everyday comfort with high levels of performance. get the vette if you also have a camry, otherwise evo. i was thinking about getting a c5 z06, but my x MR is quicker than c6 zo6s at track days, well not the straights thou.......

Quick Reply: Evo X MR vs. Manual C6 Corvette?