Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X MR vs. Manual C6 Corvette?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2009, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
theres a 60 yr old guy around my area driving a modded black sti and he drive the **** out of it. . also a 52 yr old lady that drive a 02ish beetle which my firends company worked on and made a track beast S/C the whole nine. . and she launches from the light all the time when i see her. so no it wouldnt be akward i think do you personally fit into that category? like you as a person? if not then buy what you want. if your looking to have fun at the track or whatever buy an evo X GSR you wont be disapointed. . . .
Old Oct 21, 2009, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ltdanish07
I think the fact that you keep coming back to the evo says something. You previously had one, so you know what your in for. If your worried about highway, is there another car you could take on long trips? The x isnt TOO bad on highway, as long as u keep it in prime mpg range. ( im really bad at this, if you like to cruise at 90 then no haha)

But the x by no means will become boring to drive. Had mine for over a year and i just love driving the thing. if the x's styling is a bit racer boy for you, the 2010s have a touring option thats toned down a bit in terms of style.
I was going to say this very thing lol
Old Oct 22, 2009, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mike100
you are over simplifying GM LSx series motor history.

-the old Z06 was 5.7 liter, but it did rev to 7k rpm- it is considered better than the 6 liter LS2 by many.

-the new base engine in the vette/camaro etc is the 6.2l LS3 @430 hp. it is more than just a 30 hp bump..it's got more mid range punch too. it has LS7 derived cylinder heads and the same Z06 injectors so 475-500 hp modded is assured without buying too much.

the detuned cadillac CTS-V 6.2 supercharged unit uses cast pistons, a smaller supercharger- non- titanium rods and a few other details as such to keep the cost down and a motor that is tighter and won't use oil when it is cold.

-the LS7 is high compression with pretty thin cylinder linings since the block is still a small block dimension the same as the 5 and 6 liter displacements in the engine series. The supercharger ran too hot for not enough coolant passage and liner thickness on the big bore LS7. The 6.2 supercharged makes a warrantied and emissions compliant 638 hp in the ZR1. the LS7 7-liter motor is N/A which would tend to be more reliable and lighter for endurance use.
This post is CORRECT on all accounts. I should have clarified I have the 5.7 LS6 that does rev to 7K .

Another reason why they detune the CTS-V's. My tuner / mechanic says that at GM the brass says the VETTE must always be king in HP at GM, that's a huge reason why they detune the CTS-V. Regardless, with some mods and tunes, the V's within the community are putting down the same and many times more than our Vette brethren. The CTS-V's are clean looking sleepers.

Anyway, back on thread, I have plans to drive an EVOX soon to compare it to my V and also to the last EVO I drove (before the V) and see if it's in the cards for me. I have always loved the EVO and to be honest I'm a little burnt on the V community. The V8 community are a bit stuck on themselves and fight and bicker amongst each other like old women.

If I decide to buy the EVO, I'm looking forward to joining the community.