Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

help, check ACS warning light keeps coming on

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2009, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help, check ACS warning light keeps coming on

hi guys i did some research and couldn’t find much information on this warning, if there is already FAQ bought it i didn’t see it and sorry for the repost

i get a ACS warning light on occasions whenever accelerate hard on the gas and the acs system shuts off, "it has never affected the performance of the car just a dummy warning light comes on

from what i have read so far its related to over boosting ? is this correct? if so I’m not sure how this is possible the car is 100% on stock tune and boost but i do have a few mods, the only mods i have is a full turbo back exhaust from invidia and a short ram intake from AEM, every thing is 100% correctly installed and nothing leaks, all vacum lines are correctly installed,

i do not have a boost gauge so i cant 100% verify the boost level but i cant see it being a problem since the ecu is 100% factory and no boost controller added

i plan on getting the tune done in December maybe this will solve the issue? or maybe its with the AWD system and i need to take it to the stealership

now I think abought it some I think it started coming on after the exhaust system was put on

any help in this department would be appreciated

james
rr evo x
Old Oct 21, 2009, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

You're running a full TBE and a SRI with no tune? Not good.

Old Oct 21, 2009, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

darwin like i said its getting tuned in december, just put $1,500 into on top of the over 30k paid for it, i have do things in stages or my wife will divorce me !! LOL

i have full intentions of getting it tuned in december i have only had the car for a few months now, one thing at a time,

so why is this warning light coming on ? is it related to over boost or the AWD system ?

Last edited by solarevo; Oct 21, 2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by solarevo
darwin like i said its getting tuned in december, just put $1,500 into on top of the over 30k paid for it, i have do things in stages or my wife will divorce me !! LOL

i have full intentions of getting it tuned in december i have only had the car for a few months now, one thing at a time,

so why is this warning light coming on ? is it related to over boost or the AWD system ?
it's overboosting.

you're probably new to the stock boosted world, so i'll save the flaming later. but with any mod in a high boost car like the evo, you're supposed to keep at it easy until you can get a tune. to answer your question, it's more than likely you're overboosting. what brand intake/tbe do you have?
Old Oct 21, 2009, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

thanks endgame, and the reason its over boosting is because of the exhaust and intake system, even though the ecu is 100% stock and stock nothing to do with the AWD system
Old Oct 21, 2009, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I get this too, there are a few threads in the turbo/engine section about it.

It only happens to me when I spike past 30psi, seems like that is what most people see this at, or at least higher than 27 or so.

I spoke with Ryan Gates (blacktrack) he said this happens to him sometimes too and it sounded like he said it wasn't a big deal. I trust him when it comes to the X since he beats his to no end so you should be alright.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

thanks murlo, looks like i will need getting the tune sooner then i planed on,