Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.
View Poll Results: Would You Ever Go Back To A Subaru WRX/Sti After Owning An Evo X?
Hell No, I Love The Evo X
58.10%
I Might Consider A Subaru Again
35.24%
Yes, I Regret Not Buying A New Subaru WRX/Sti
6.67%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

So Who Came To The Evo X From A Subaru WRX/STi

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2009, 04:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So Who Came To The Evo X From A Subaru WRX/STi

and would you go back?
or have you seen the light with the Evo - no comparison
Old Nov 20, 2009, 05:06 AM
Evolving Member

lol only if ford or gm bought out mitsubishi hehehe
Old Nov 20, 2009, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

I still own an 02' WRX and an 05' STi. 02' is the winter beater, 05' is fairly built. I wouldn't ever "go back" to driving solely the WRX/STi, but the lower end grunt of the 05' is a nice change at times. The 05' I have has a lot more money dumped into it at the moment, so it's quicker than my X for now.

What still baffles my mind, outside of speed, is the corner carving ability of even a stock-suspension Evo. The ACD/AYC just makes it fun as hell in my mind.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Can't wait to see how this topic turns out. I'm seriously interested. Living in Colorado, I'm disgusted by the fact that everyone and their hippie mom owns a Subaru. They're a dime a dozen here, and it makes me crazy. People buy them for their AWD, but they never give the ralliart a chance. I think if Mitsu were smart they'd put AWD in the higher end lancers (non RA/Evo) and catch a crowd (at least here in Colorado) they badly need. I also can't stand the sound of that flat 4. It's like nails on a chalkboard. Otherwise, I have nothing to compare because I haven't driven an STi. I just think some people are blinded and don't give the Evo a chance.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

i have a '10 sti, used to own an '02 wrx. love the sti and the evo x.

they're 2 different beasts, of course the x is modded, only complaint about the sti is that the steering is a bit vague and there is a bit of body roll, hopefully that will be remedied soon with some springs and f&r whiteline sways. other than that the sti is more practical, little bit lower end grunt, 6speed, more trunk space. if i had to do it all over again i probably would have kept my 9mr if i knew i was getting an sti lol. . . but i still love the x it handles awesome and i can't complain, just the front end sits too low so i scrape everywhere.

Last edited by JoeyM3; Nov 20, 2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 01:11 PM

I bought my X after owning an 04 WRX for 5 years. I love my X. My only regret is not keeping both.

Bottom line is that they are both awesome cars... "like brothers from another mother". I would consider jumping back to Subaru down the road, especially if they bring back the STI as a sedan.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

I had a 04 wrx for 2 years, I regretted buying it after the 1st evo / sti meet down here. The evo to me is an all around better car, in every way I can think of. My wrx was fun but it never really completely satisfied me like the evo does

quick pick of her

Old Nov 20, 2009, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
^^^nice subie. I was going to buy an STi at one time but then bought an VIII instead and later moved up to an X.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 05:11 PM

Subaru interior quality is much better.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

I had an 06 STi. I loved that vehicle and it was so damn reliable. I never really had any issues with the vehicle. Subaru reinvented their brand in 2002 and it seemed as though they were poised to do great things....until the 2008 STi was unveiled. Subaru certainly makes a quality vehicle but I don't foresee myself going back. After my days are over with the X I think I will be out of the sport compact car scene all together and look to the likes of Mercedes or BMW.

Old Nov 20, 2009, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bullo
Subaru interior quality is much better.
no way, at least my 04 wasn't
Old Nov 20, 2009, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Webman
Can't wait to see how this topic turns out. I'm seriously interested. Living in Colorado, I'm disgusted by the fact that everyone and their hippie mom owns a Subaru. They're a dime a dozen here, and it makes me crazy. People buy them for their AWD, but they never give the ralliart a chance. I think if Mitsu were smart they'd put AWD in the higher end lancers (non RA/Evo) and catch a crowd (at least here in Colorado) they badly need. I also can't stand the sound of that flat 4. It's like nails on a chalkboard. Otherwise, I have nothing to compare because I haven't driven an STi. I just think some people are blinded and don't give the Evo a chance.
yeah its annoying i see older people in WRxs and stuff its pretty funny cause i do see alot of subarus. it would be nice to see an AWD setup in the GTS but that would probably bump the price up too close to the RA.

and the comment on how people dont give the evo a chance is how a lot of us do subies haha.. cause to be honest i would never step foot inside a subaru no matter how much they changed it up.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

The engine blew up in my 06 but I loved that car great machine.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

Loved my 05 STI, I beat her to death (tracked, tuned, raced) and even though she gave me shiet down the road, it was an awesome 75k with her (traded her to get my X MR). Loved the down low grunt the STI made in comparison to the EVO X (more of a TQ Monster). The boxster grumble puts the X to shame. But I do really love the body lines on the X, and mitsu (while still a bit behind) has come along with interior design/appearance.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 07:24 PM

With the engine issues plaguing the 08+ STI's, I sometimes wish I would have gone with the MR instead of the STI... I've owned an 06 MR and an 04 STI before.. daily driver, STI wins for me, but right now, with all the questions surrounding the engine in the STI, I kinda wish I went with the MR.

Quick Reply: So Who Came To The Evo X From A Subaru WRX/STi