Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

EVO Dubai, Need some advice

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2010, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO Dubai, Need some advice

Hi all
Moved to Dubai, sold my 350z(drift), STI 06

I will never drive that f**ed up new STI, i dont know local market and people involved in it, so im afraid to think about buying used STI.(you know what people do with such cars)
After tons of research iv stoped my choice on EVO. I can buy Evo X here, also i saw Ralliart branch here from Al Habtoor Motors.
idk prices in Dubai, but do you think this mods worse 30 000$? , i mean all together body kit + engine + tires and suspension
http://www.alhabtoor-motors.com/ralliart/parts.htm
check Evo X mods from Ralliart

Read some topics, as far as i understand Evo is easier and cheaper to tune then STI.
I love both Evo IX and Evo X designs, but i think ill go for Evo X.

I need some help from you, regarding garage in Dubai.
Please visit few links on some perfomance garages i found, or give your advise.
http://www.performanceclub.net/home/

http://www.topspeed.com/

i really dont know why it says "MAZDA EVO X" but nvm.. here it is.
http://www.tuningflavour.com/home.ph...nd=9&model=237
Old Jan 4, 2010, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well in my opinion, if a base GSR is worth 144,900 AED, and the package is another 105,000 AED, that's almost 3/4 the price of the GSR alone. For what it gives you I really don't think it's worth it. I think you can achieve the same power and get the body kit for a fraction of the price. But I guess this would be all covered under warranty which is good, but I still don't think it's worth it.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 12:29 PM

another part are laws in Dubai, i dont know what is allowed to modify and what is not.
I heard any engine modifications are prohibit, its hard to get some info, iv talked to person from "RTA"(road transport authority) and he told me that i need some certificates for new exhaust etc.
As i understand only if i had turbo from stock, then im allowed to change it )

anyway, if there are some people from Dubai with more info about this, would be nice to get some advise from them )
Old Jan 4, 2010, 01:35 PM

this is Ralliart version, which is extremly expensive ( cuz of Ralliart parts ). Its same as UK FQ-400 version ( cost about 50k pounds ). Bodykit is only made for this version and cos alone about 6k $. High stoping power with Alcon(this brake kit in UK cost about 3k $ ) and lots of other with. If you would like to buy them separetly price would be defenetly higher ( some parts are not for retail sale ). You have 400 hp with warnity, and limited version of a car, what is cool. Bad thing in cars sold in Dubai ( and all UAE ) is no corrosion prevention layer, so if u wanna bring car back to US, you will need to do it by yourself. sry 4 my english and thx
Old Jan 4, 2010, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

Buy GTR, But if u really into EVO the FQ-400 would be perfect in Dubai, You might buy it expensive anyway, In other hand you wont sell it cheap either. Most important is under warranty. It's Ralliart.
If you curious how it sounds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umG7rGqEJCQ
Buy FQ-400 and you will be the first person in this forum who owns FQ400, Probably I'll come to Dubai next year to see your beast

Last edited by Hassan!; Jan 4, 2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

yesterday i saw a gsr with fq400 engine upgrade in al habtoor garage it belongs to a guy from Abu Dhabi... why dont you just get the fq400 engine upgrade only?? I would if I have 5mt and still be covered by warranty + it would be 100% legal dealer upgrade...
hey when you buy an Evo contact me we are a big evo community, we do trackdays.... we r trying to do a track day in Yas circuit very soon
Old Jan 4, 2010, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Hassan!
Buy GTR, But if u really into EVO the FQ-400 would be perfect in Dubai, You might buy it expensive anyway, In other hand you wont sell it cheap either. Most important is under warranty. It's Ralliart.
If you curious how it sounds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umG7rGqEJCQ
Buy FQ-400 and you will be the first person in this forum who owns FQ400, Probably I'll come to Dubai next year to see your beast
my GF is sick of GTR, and i love it too. BUT i can see GTR's every 5min here in Dubai.
Also i will feel retarded driving Automatic car, i would take gtr r34 .
Its not about a good car ) its about EVO and STI )) i just dont want to drive any other car
Old Jan 4, 2010, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Yousef
yesterday i saw a gsr with fq400 engine upgrade in al habtoor garage it belongs to a guy from Abu Dhabi... why dont you just get the fq400 engine upgrade only?? I would if I have 5mt and still be covered by warranty + it would be 100% legal dealer upgrade...
hey when you buy an Evo contact me we are a big evo community, we do trackdays.... we r trying to do a track day in Yas circuit very soon
Yea i think i will get evo x + engine upgrade from ralliart, so i keep it legal.
also AED 14 000 for 18x9 wheels and lowering springs is "ok" price, and ill take care of bodyworks )

but there is no sence to buy it now for me, i have to wait some time, because i came on mission visa ) i have to wait 1,5month to change it for resident visa.
With my international driving licence im not allowed to drive any local car )
So i have to open my resident then take a driving test here, and get new licence.
Its so complicated, when ill be done with all of this ill get EVO and contact you, just leave your phone number )

for now im driving Nissan Tiida without insurance at all, rentacar is not giving better cars to people under 25 and without local licence )))))
Old Jan 6, 2010, 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GoSuStyle
Yea i think i will get evo x + engine upgrade from ralliart, so i keep it legal.
also AED 14 000 for 18x9 wheels and lowering springs is "ok" price, and ill take care of bodyworks )

but there is no sence to buy it now for me, i have to wait some time, because i came on mission visa ) i have to wait 1,5month to change it for resident visa.
With my international driving licence im not allowed to drive any local car )
So i have to open my resident then take a driving test here, and get new licence.
Its so complicated, when ill be done with all of this ill get EVO and contact you, just leave your phone number )

for now im driving Nissan Tiida without insurance at all, rentacar is not giving better cars to people under 25 and without local licence )))))
99.9% of Evos in UAE are illegally modified, dont worry so much. get a quite exhaust and you will be good..
its an Evo you will never get pulled over with quite exhaust, your car may not pass renewal inspection with VERY HEAVY modification and its only once a year!!!! first 3 years no inspection is required for new cars.

ofcourse a UAE resident is not allowed to drive with international driving licenses, I think you have 2 take 1 easy test only, i am not sure if they changed the rules :s

dealer upgrade is very expensive and none of my friends done it!!!! you can easily get 400hp for less than 20k AED.
when you buy an Evo contact me and i will hook you up with our evo experts and tuners

are you going for 2010 or 2009??
If I could go back in time I would buy RS yes our mitsu dealer sells RS
Old Jan 6, 2010, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

The Ralliart is a heck of a car, if you can't modify your car without the local authorities giving you a lot of crap then it is worth it...

If you don't have stringent laws regarding modification then it is much cheaper to upgrade it yourself...

BUT the Ralliart keeps all warranty as opposed to you doing it yourself where you would void it all...
Old Jan 6, 2010, 10:10 AM

I will do as Yousef said, ill get EVO X RS, i dont know when 2010 model will be available here.
I think i have time to wait for 2010, i need to make visa for my gf and me, and make that small driving test, also i have to close couple of real estate deals to make good tune..

anyway, as far as i understand Evo X RS is like STI's Spec C?.. and its abit cheaper then usual X
I have to check it in Al Habtoor motors, or its available only in Abu Dhabi? not far, so not a problem)

I cant wait to get my EVO ))) i live on Jumeirah, opposite Burj Al Arab, and people race here all night, 2-3 police cars waiting for some1 )))) i want to know what i can do vs all those Turbo Nissan Patrols.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 10:25 AM

99.9% of Evos in UAE are illegally modified, dont worry so much. get a quite exhaust and you will be good..
its an Evo you will never get pulled over with quite exhaust
When i went to Motor Show, couple of weeks ago.. i talked to RTA )
The guy there seemed to know alot about all those restrictions, he told me that nobody will check alot on EVO or STI, because they are already with stock turbo, and everyone knows what kind of cars are they. Illegal part would be exhaust, but he told me i can get certificate for it without any problems )

But i really dont understand their policits, you can see RTA(government) depertment on MotorShow, on the left you can see Perfomance Garage, Selling Garret Turbo Kit and etc, on the right Exhaust systems...
Kinda funny ) he can point on illegal parts which are on sale just in front of him.

Also 1 more funny thing i saw here in Dubai ) some people, usualy on Nissan Patrols go to redline and stay there for 10-15 sec, just to listen to that blah blah sound? or its kind of a fun here ?))))
Old Jan 6, 2010, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Drive each version available in your market it pick what feels the best to you. I'm a fan of the fast key and HID lights for the Evo on the GSR w/SSS model. Not sure what they call it over in your area.

So how is that giant tower in Dubai?
Old Jan 6, 2010, 09:17 PM

Tower is fine, its "Burj Khalifa" now
See opening here ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwI9y1RaGV4
They made it really amazing, first they did some fireworks to bring alot of smoke, and then they turned on huge projector
Its like a big cinema in the sky..

Last edited by GoSuStyle; Jan 6, 2010 at 09:20 PM.