Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Srt8 to X

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2010, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mike100
actually it is a 425 hp sofa...to be exact

to the OP: I'd consider keeping the SRT8 because at least you can cruise that car a bit and don't always have to drive flat out, but the evo does something bad to me and makes me drive it as fast as I can far too often. I only drive it once a week now because of how it makes me act (and the cost of operation).

wrong!!!!!!!!
350 hp to the rear wheels at dyno
425 is the engine alone on a bench in laboratory conditions
Old Jan 5, 2010, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

Heavy turd and dangerous in rain or snow....get the evo mine runs circles around alot of cars
Old Jan 5, 2010, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by alex3dworld

wrong!!!!!!!!

OEM manufacturers typically quote their power at the crank. I wouldn't call that "wrong", it's just not as useful as the numbers at the wheels. Mitsu themselves says the Evo X is 291hp/300tq!

Secondly, once you quote a number at the wheels it implies all kinds of Dyno questions (what dyno, correction factor, temperature, fuel, etc.). There are SAE standards for the OEM power measurement... not sure how well these are followed but they are there.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

I had a 06 srt8 charger a few cars ago LOL, but yeah the evo is the way to go.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

the jeep grand cherokee srt8 is a better comparison since it is awd and more useful (albeit no tow hitch).
Old Jan 5, 2010, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

I'm going to get blasphemed for suggesting this, but switch SRT-8's. Get the SRT-8Challenger

Sure, we all know that the challenger, both on paper and on the track, performs worse than both the mustang and the new camaro. But still, it's a ******* Challenger - it's loud, it's boisterous, it's got a bigass V8 - it's quitessentially American. People respect you in it, unlike those ******* haters that give you the finger when you drive around in an Evo.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my Evo, but don't we all occasionally wish that we got a big block American V8 instead?
Old Jan 5, 2010, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by YShen15118
Don't get me wrong, I still love my Evo, but don't we all occasionally wish that we got a big block American V8 instead?

Err, no.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 02:55 PM

Just make sure you know what you are getting into....I love my X, but like someone previously posted, you can't drive it slow! It just doesn't feel right crusing (i've tried). Every time a corner comes up, you can't help but go faster!! Also, once you get bit by the modification bug...it's over! It's not like hooking up a muscle car VIP (big rims, and a stereo and you're done).

It always makes me laugh when people dog out other cars that are different than the type of cars they drive, but deep inside they can't help but wonder ... Shoot, I've been trying to test drive a camarro SS for the past 3 months, just to see what it's all about.

Like everyone already mentioned...test drive it first, and then do it again, while you are at it, go ahead and test drive the STI, or Audi A4 quatro, or BMW 335xi...all turbos with AWD.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

I've seen SRT-8s in Autox and definitely not a handling machine like the Evo. Make sure you drive it and decide if you can live with an Evo long term.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 12:18 AM

Thanks for all the help fellas. I'm going to test drive one and ill let you how it goes. Maintenance on a srt is expensive so no real difference there. Both great cars hope everyone has a good new year.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by thirsty1258
Thanks for all the help fellas. I'm going to test drive one and ill let you how it goes. Maintenance on a srt is expensive so no real difference there. Both great cars hope everyone has a good new year.
I just saw that you live in PHX area...you won't even be able to use the evo there...the worst city ever for lack of twisty corners.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 01:03 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
no matter what, you'll be rid of that wannabentley
Old Jan 9, 2010, 01:04 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by alex3dworld

wrong!!!!!!!!
with the wind blowing the right way
Old Jan 10, 2010, 12:26 AM

Lol you guys r funny. I've seen videos of evo 9,s being badass highway and straight line cars. Is this not the case with X ? Also what about the turbo and heat it gets like 120 in the summer in phx. Will I lose boost in the summer?
Old Jan 10, 2010, 12:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by thirsty1258
Lol you guys r funny. I've seen videos of evo 9,s being badass highway and straight line cars. Is this not the case with X ? Also what about the turbo and heat it gets like 120 in the summer in phx. Will I lose boost in the summer?
This is where the problems start on this board, You have a lot of die hard 4G63 guys on here and a lot of the newer is better 4b11 guys on here as well.

As for your main question about the IX vs X on the straight line racing "I" believe the IX is better because of the factory weight difference of the IX vs X. Not saying you can’t lighten up a X to get it just as fast, but from a factory stand point that’s how I feel. As for heat, I have two tunes for my cars, one for temps of 87 deg F and below then one that is for temps of 88 deg F and above.

Also you might want to post your original question in the Evo 1-9 forums you should be surprised in the different responses you get.

Last edited by BCOZEVO; Jan 10, 2010 at 01:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Srt8 to X