Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Srt8 to X

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2010, 03:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a Magnum SRT8 before my Evo. Great car and I had lots of fun with it. I've driven all the SRT's and the 300 is a bit softer than the Magnum.

They're about the same 0-60 in a straight line (Evo and Mag) but you can feel the torque with the heavy V8 a lot better when you punch it.

The SRT8 is also a much more comfortable cruiser and a perfect cross country tourer.

Having said that, you can't dance with the SRT8 like you can with the Evo. With the Mag it was all about weight. Also almost no road feel whatsoever.

I'd love to have kept both. The Mag for my lazy days and the Evo for the other 90%.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 07:28 AM

Cool thanks for all the help fellas
Old Jan 13, 2010, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by supergengo
OEM manufacturers typically quote their power at the crank. I wouldn't call that "wrong", it's just not as useful as the numbers at the wheels. Mitsu themselves says the Evo X is 291hp/300tq!

Secondly, once you quote a number at the wheels it implies all kinds of Dyno questions (what dyno, correction factor, temperature, fuel, etc.). There are SAE standards for the OEM power measurement... not sure how well these are followed but they are there.
we are in the same side. My point is:
You do nothing if you don't know how to put all that massive power to the wheels, for me those crank numbers are hilarious, the lost of power is a ridiculous 25% or more.
unfortunately, people don't realize how really slow they are, until a guy in an humble nissan altima launch on your side faster than you, and takes you to 40 mph to catch it and pass him
American cars are in the world car market the more overpriced and full of advertising s****. Is a shame because I love my country, but it's my experience. They sell those Srt8, GT, GTO, etc as the Top of the line performance world wide, they are really far away from it.
it's all about to create a flexible platform to put the same engines in new bodies every 2 or 3 years, engines created for a general propose, to fit inside of trucks, boats, cars, and exports (like the Nissan armada with the Hemi inside, the main propose is to sell and make money
It is not an unique well design engine for a single and well designed car. (like evos?) lol
They are heavy, handle Horrible!!!!!!!!!!!, cheap tires, skid in the rain a lot!!!! rusty iron everywhere, and the worst, they are slow. It takes a lot of money to make them fast and decent handle

And there are still people that approve them, its masochism, Blindness.
How in the heck a
2L 4 cylinders car
Can bit a:
6.1L 8 cylinders car?

I think we left our brains behind in 1960's when we created a great muscle car
Old Jan 13, 2010, 05:23 PM

I too just traded in my 06 300 Srt8, for my X.....I've owned many cars.......27 in the last 7yrs to be exact.......and I wouldn't trade my X for anything under 100K
Old Jan 13, 2010, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by YShen15118
I'm going to get blasphemed for suggesting this, but switch SRT-8's. Get the SRT-8Challenger

Sure, we all know that the challenger, both on paper and on the track, performs worse than both the mustang and the new camaro. But still, it's a ******* Challenger - it's loud, it's boisterous, it's got a bigass V8 - it's quitessentially American. People respect you in it, unlike those ******* haters that give you the finger when you drive around in an Evo.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my Evo, but don't we all occasionally wish that we got a big block American V8 instead?

Not me. I have been spoiled by Honda/Acura, then Infiniti...i dont trust American cars at all....I had fun one time driving my friends hemi-Ram all the way to D.C. once, but Jap cars have been good to me, hard for me to switch.