Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Dealer calls to tell me they forgot to put mitsu on title as lien holder

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2010, 02:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, from the legal perspective, they could take you to court and have the contract re-written, because it was an obvious mistake, obvious mistakes in a contract will void the contract, so technically you dont legally own the car.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a lawyer I will tell you that you are getting some really bad advice here. Do you like the car and want to keep it? If the answer is yes, just send the title in, but get your dealer to send the request to you in writing. If you aren't comfortable with that call the financing bank/company directly and send it to them. Either way, the financing documents you signed are most certainly going to have provisions covering title and unless you are just looking to be litigous, you really have nothing to gain by doing this unless you plan on not meeting your payment obligations.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Send the title back and get it straightened out.

The same thing happened to me. The dealer called me and sent me a letter notifying me of their mistake and asking if I would send the title back so the problem could be fixed. I sent it back and in a week or so the correct title with the proper lien holder arrived.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I love the "they screw us" so "screw them" comments.

You left there with a car under the intentions of paying for it. You didn't get screwed. You need to do the right thing because now you know they made a mistake and you have basically stolen from them. They made a mistake so you aren't in any risk of going to jail but understand they want their money or they want their car back. What do you think they are going to do about if you don't cooperate? What would you do if someone had $30K of yours or a car and wouldn't give it back?

You probably signed a bailment agreement which includes the language that scottatyamaha was talking about.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
In any case I wouldn't put the title in the post box... No matter what.

If you are going to resolve this properly, offer them to come there at their expense and they can work out the paperwork for you and so on... Make them suffer at least a bit for their mistake, because if nothing else, they are wasting your time with this.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

bring the contract to a lawyer first and if theres a loophole...USE IT lol but most likely there is that hidden clause

GOOD LUCK
Old Jan 19, 2010, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

i'm quite not surprised here.

mitsu sent me the wrong license plates and registration and most likely they sent the license plates that are supposed to be for my car to someone else. i returned the wrong plates to them, but they haven't recovered my plates and sticker. after 3 weeks of calling them and getting different CS everytime, they finally issued a check for replacement that i have to submit to dmv.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 04:02 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I bought my car in a different state and they messed up and the other state sent me the title. Wrong leinholder, and missing the repo paperwork. I just took it to my bank here and they fixed it.

You're not going to get a free car out of this.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 11:18 AM
Evolving Member

Geeze, you legally entered into a contract, knowing that Mitsubishi was the lien holder, and because the dealership made a mistake you think you can get out of the contract. The mistake did not cause you any emotional, monetary or physical distress. The fact that you are posting the story can be used as proof that you are planning to defraud the dealership and Mitsubishi. I would suggest being a man and sending the title back so the deal can go through as you and everyone else intended, otherwise, drive the car back and return it. Have some freaking morals.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

^ He seems to have morals he already has said he is planning on sending it back he just wanted to see what others said about mailing it.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by emulous
Geeze, you legally entered into a contract, knowing that Mitsubishi was the lien holder, and because the dealership made a mistake you think you can get out of the contract. The mistake did not cause you any emotional, monetary or physical distress. The fact that you are posting the story can be used as proof that you are planning to defraud the dealership and Mitsubishi. I would suggest being a man and sending the title back so the deal can go through as you and everyone else intended, otherwise, drive the car back and return it. Have some freaking morals.
damn snitchhh!!! used as proof... really ur gonna call em up??

I agree just to turn it in, cause Mitsu isn't going to lose a case to you unless your a millionaire.. but questioning morals^^^? Bro really??...The Op was simply asking a question to get some info, nothing more nothing less... Morals? PFFF...
Old Jan 21, 2010, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

i wouldnt send it back straight out. MAKE them send you a prepaid fedex envelope.... its THEIR mistake make them pay or have them send the salesman to come pick it up, why should you have to pay gas to go be their delivery boy???

you are obligated by law to give back the title, you are not obligated by law to spend your own time and/or money to send it back LOL

Last edited by mifesto; Jan 21, 2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mifesto
i wouldnt send it back straight out. MAKE them send you a prepaid fedex envelope.... its THEIR mistake make them pay or have them send the salesman to come pick it up, why should you have to pay gas to go be their delivery boy???

you are obligated by law to give back the title, you are not obligated by law to spend your own time and/or money to send it back LOL
I agree with this because you want to mail in such a way to have a certified receipt of delivery or the usual ups/fedex because they have tracking at least.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Keep on paying the loan, just don't send it back.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

Why should he be scared to put the title in the mail? It's mitsubishi finances car right now not his. If it gets lost wouldn't they have to replace it?

Quick Reply: Dealer calls to tell me they forgot to put mitsu on title as lien holder