Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Dealer calls to tell me they forgot to put mitsu on title as lien holder

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2010, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seek a lawyers advice lol, Im sure though you will not have any good options.

I do agree make them come to you, get them to offer you free oil changes or something!
Old Jan 22, 2010, 11:27 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by edogg23
Why should he be scared to put the title in the mail? It's mitsubishi finances car right now not his. If it gets lost wouldn't they have to replace it?
It's in the best interest of the OP to have written documentation that it was sent and that it did arrive. That way Mitsu can't come back and complain that he never sent it, even though he did. It's just a smart move to cover yourself. And, as others have mentioned, the best option would be to request the dealership to send him a pre-paid FedEx/UPS envelope for him to send the title back.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 10:42 PM

I have a friend who I sold a car to a few years back. he was six-hundred short, but I signed over the paper work, thinking he'd pay. although He still owes me six-hundred, if we went to court, the paperwork is on his side, since I didn't include a clause that included an obligation to complete the total of my asking price.

In Mitsu's case, however, they have a little more clout than a handshake and a deadbeat's word--my former best friend LOL. We all understand that you gotta finish paying the car, but before you send back the paperwork, get a little something out of it. Tell them you misplaced the papers, but if they could get you a some new floor mats, you could fish the papers right out
Old Jan 22, 2010, 10:54 PM
Evolving Member

This happened to me also when I bought my car. They gave me the title w/ no lein holder on it. I end up mailing it to my bank. It was nice holding the title thou, now I don't get to see it again for another year.