Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Finally back in an EVO!!! Need some quick advice.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2010, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by steevo
Any guesses at offset,
Probably +25. I think most people were getting 19x10 +25 on the RS's with a few +15's in there.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
O man. I just saw you bought it in Atlanta. I'm from Augusta. Again.. congrats on the nice car!
Old Jan 21, 2010, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice buy man
Old Jan 21, 2010, 09:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The car looks great man Congrats. I love the White but I could never get a car in white
because I would be washing it almost everyday.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:31 AM

Wow 29k is pretty good deal for 3500 miles evo X
Old Jan 21, 2010, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

The install cant b hard for those mirrors..i replaced my wifes nissan maxima folding mirror last week after she broke it off....im not good with tools but i replaced her mirror with no problem...im only wondering how and where does the button go to activate the signals...on second thought it might b a pain in the a$$
Old Jan 21, 2010, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ikt
somebody dropped some money into that :bigthumb:
Yeah, tell me about it! There is NO way I could have it modded like this on my own...probably ever. The wheels and supsension would have came last if it was stock. Not to mention, I've never had nice wheels. They are so nice!

Originally Posted by sbkimm
hmm came with stock rims eh? lemme know if you wanna sell them! haha
Keep a look out. I'm picking them up Saturday, and if my neighbor and his lancer ES doesn't get them, they will be for sale with the tires.

Originally Posted by John83
wow, you skipped stock and went right to amazing.
I still can't get over that fact myself!

Originally Posted by ugakirk
Probably +25. I think most people were getting 19x10 +25 on the RS's with a few +15's in there.
Thank you! They are very flush with the car, so maybe the +15's. I recently curbed a wheel on my last car, so I've been watching out closely.

Originally Posted by MAX EVO
The car looks great man Congrats. I love the White but I could never get a car in white
because I would be washing it almost everyday.
LOL, that's what I thought too. My last 3 cars though were silver. Great color to keep clean. It's been raining the past few days, car still looks good to me ha. I've also been known to wash my car in the rain.

Originally Posted by gungravevn
Wow 29k is pretty good deal for 3500 miles evo X
With all the lambos and ferrari's on the showroom floor, I don't think they were too worried about this one. They stuck with the entire deal we worked out over the phone. They didn't even crank my car or get in it for that matter. The deal would be good even stock, but with these mods I couldn't pass it up!
Old Jan 21, 2010, 09:29 PM
Evolving Member

Pretty sure they are +25.. See here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...-lug-nuts.html

At any rate, gorgeous car right off the showroom floor. You really struck gold there!
Old Jan 21, 2010, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by toredefine
Dang, you beat me to it. The regular Lancer and Ralliart owners have been buying these mirrors up for some time now. I'm surprised it didn't catch on before in the Evo community. They look cheaply made, IMHO. But, no one has said they've had problems with them yet.
actually they are quite cheaply made i read a review on "the other evo forum" and someone there took it apart, pretty cheap internals. but if it works, it works. only thing you have to worry is if you got one that doesn't work.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:47 PM

wow.. nice deal on the ride. congrats bro

like a lot of the other guys, now i'm geeked over those folding mirrors..
Old Jan 21, 2010, 11:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Awesome, dreaming of it
Old Jan 22, 2010, 08:01 AM
AFD
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by poof101
The install cant b hard for those mirrors..i replaced my wifes nissan maxima folding mirror last week after she broke it off....im not good with tools but i replaced her mirror with no problem...im only wondering how and where does the button go to activate the signals...on second thought it might b a pain in the a$$
If they're the X-Factor Design mirrors, which I think they are, then there are no buttons. The signals should activate at the same time as your regular turn signals, and the mirrors are programmed to fold-in when the doors are locked, and fold back out when the doors are unlocked. (x-factordesign.com link)

I couldn't find the install instructions at his website, but did find a partial how-to at clubcj.net, an Australian lancer forum. (clubcj.net link) The project looks do-able, but wiring and running the harnesses looks like it might be quite a pain. Plus, after watching some videos of the mirrors on youtube, I came across a guy that had a broken motor in one and warns that they're garbage.

I love the look, but wouldn't wanna take the risk spending all that time and money on a product of unknown quality. Also, it seems that all the pre-painted colors are for the lancer and not the evo (ie, tarmac black instead of phantom black).

Anyone ever source and install a factory Euro or JDM auto-folding mirror, or come across any other aftermarket ones yet??
Old Jan 22, 2010, 10:53 PM

that exhaust does look like an hks???? Either way, your car looks beautiful. congratulations on getting back into an evo
Old Feb 3, 2010, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Ok guys, it's been almost 3 weeks since I bought it, and I've found a few more things. I've been searching like crazy to find out the best way to get this Evo running properly. First thing was the fuel pump relay. Popped my box today and saw I don't have both wiring harnesses like everyone else. I'm pretty confused between the black, green, and blue. I have blue on order, but could someone confirm and/or circle my fuel pump relay? Is it black?

I don't know how I missed it, but to the left of the fuse box, sure enough is a black Hallman MBC. This is unfortunate for me, b/c I had planned on getting an HKS filter and AP. Also, I confirmed I have BC Coilovers as the adjustment for soft/hard are right there. As for the exhaust, I did find the label "JASMA" on both tips. Could this be a custom exhaust?

Anyways, considering I have a MBC that peaks at 22psi and tapers to 17-18psi, what would be my best tuning route? The car does not consistently feel good after 5500rpms. Within the next month, I plan on taking it to the dealer for the fuel line recall. Should I ask them to look at my tune? I know my warranty is pretty much wasted. Whatever advise anyone has will be greatly appreciated, as my "plan" just went down the drain. I need a good tuner in the GA area to take care of my tune, with or without the MBC...suggestions?? TIA!!
Old Feb 3, 2010, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the purchase. And yes those are x-factors mirrors. Your previous owner might have been a member of PL where xfactor is a vendor, idk good luck on ur search

Quick Reply: Finally back in an EVO!!! Need some quick advice.