Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Finally back in an EVO!!! Need some quick advice.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2010, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is PL?? Please PM me if you can't post it here and thanks. My main concern now is the tune. Considering I'm missing the second wiring harness in the relay box, does that mean a piggyback or something was used? I've been going WOT plenty over the last 500+ miles but that stops today until I find out more info. I will get some better pics of the engine bay, MBC, etc.. this week. In the meantime, the more info the better!
Old Feb 3, 2010, 10:51 PM
Evolving Member

looks like the pics of ricanevo's car. there was a post about selling it then changed mind. maybe it did get sold?
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:15 PM

Dude, im not sure about this evo... we all talked about it over on evoatlanta because a member was interested and the car was sketchy.. you SHOULD have looked at the carfax... It was reported that it was taken to a dealer at 21k miles for oil change and service, then placed for sale at 3500 miles. Even if thats the case, it's a decent price for the mods....

Also, the guy who checked it out said it was a Trust exhaust.

Sorry for the bad news, but good luck with the evo! join us over on EvoAtl if you want =)
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:30 PM
Evolving Member

nice purchase.. im sure the last owner had it tuned properly considering how well it was taken care of... i would not worry about it at all.... just drive the **** out of it
Old Feb 4, 2010, 05:19 AM

I have no advice, but want to congratulate you for getting a beautiful car. I love our gray but have a softspot for white cars.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mantella
looks like the pics of ricanevo's car. there was a post about selling it then changed mind. maybe it did get sold?
Dude, you are the bomb! That's my Evo for sure! I verified this by looking through his posts. Thanks a bunch man, I am going to try to email him soon.

Originally Posted by Silentbob812
Dude, im not sure about this evo... we all talked about it over on evoatlanta because a member was interested and the car was sketchy.. you SHOULD have looked at the carfax... It was reported that it was taken to a dealer at 21k miles for oil change and service, then placed for sale at 3500 miles. Even if thats the case, it's a decent price for the mods....

Also, the guy who checked it out said it was a Trust exhaust.

Sorry for the bad news, but good luck with the evo! join us over on EvoAtl if you want =)
The dealer gave me the Carfax. To me, it was a typo when he had it in for service. Plus, looking back at his posts, he mentions frequently he is in Iraq and never gets to drive the car. I feel confident about the low mileage because of his posts. Also, thanks for the confirmation on the the Greddy/Trust exhaust!! I'm sorry, but did I miss the bad news your speaking of? What else was sketchy about it other than the mileage? Let me know if you know more about it

Originally Posted by Mike.p
nice purchase.. im sure the last owner had it tuned properly considering how well it was taken care of... i would not worry about it at all.... just drive the **** out of it
I can't find any mention of tune in any of his posts. I see he posted how to run a MBC on stock tune without throwing a CEL. I believe I'm on stock tune, but will still need confirmation. Hopefully will hear from him soon and/or I'll get a taxtrix cable and pull the ROM.

Input has been great people, keep it coming! It feels alot better knowing for sure some things about this car. The only thing I saw this morning on his posts, was he may have been running an UICP. Still, the tune is the main mystery to me right now.