Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Insurance Problems

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2010, 05:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An extra ten large? Dayum!
Old Feb 2, 2010, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by emulous
I called USAA and they said they won't insure vehicles in MI or NJ unless you are an active service member.
I'm on USAA in NJ, I havent spent a day of my life in the military. I was grandfathered in through my father who served in the air force.

Oh and USAA may be great on your premiums but if make a claim for repairs they will try and find refurbished and used parts, less blending etc... Someone rear-ended me in december and I got a quote from both USAA and the person that hit me, USAA was about $2k less on the estimate than NJ Manufacturers
Old Feb 2, 2010, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

I called USAA and talked to my 5th representative and they said the 2008 Evos are in their system but not the 2010s so the asked me how much the vehicle is worth and I told them 40k and they insured me under Ralliart I even have the little proof of insurance cards and it says 2010 Ralliart..even with me giving them the VIN..

I agree that USAA has the best rates but their service is terrible...I dont know anyone who has had worse luck than me with them..one example is I came back home from Afghanistan last year and my 2002 Yamaha YZF-R1 got stolen...it was paid off and I jus put 2k into the bike..USAA later made me take a POLYGRAPH!!! to prove I didnt have someone steal the bike for me to make a fraud insurance claim!!! IT WAS PAID OFF!!! and I had over 4k worth of mods...I lost alot of money in that bike..to make it better my bike and my neighbors 06 gsxr 1000 were stolen together..and he didnt have insurance..also 7 bikes got stolen that night within 30 miles of my appt complex..and my wife woke up to let the puppies out to **** and got the license plate off a red van that drove off with its headllights off at 3am..van turned out to be stolen from SC and they caught the 3 guys that did it who were from SC..and USAA still made me take a polygraph...**** USAA!!! they said if I declined it it would be me admitting to being guilty but that I wasnt required to take it by law BS
Old Feb 2, 2010, 07:15 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SUX2BU86
..and USAA still made me take a polygraph...**** USAA!!! they said if I declined it it would be me admitting to being guilty but that I wasnt required to take it by law BS
Take a polygraph for an insurance claim?? Eff that.. I'd be shopping for a new insurer.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:10 PM

lol i would w8 or change the insurance
Old Feb 3, 2010, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by SUX2BU86
I called USAA and talked to my 5th representative and they said the 2008 Evos are in their system but not the 2010s so the asked me how much the vehicle is worth and I told them 40k and they insured me under Ralliart I even have the little proof of insurance cards and it says 2010 Ralliart..even with me giving them the VIN..

I agree that USAA has the best rates but their service is terrible...I dont know anyone who has had worse luck than me with them..one example is I came back home from Afghanistan last year and my 2002 Yamaha YZF-R1 got stolen...it was paid off and I jus put 2k into the bike..USAA later made me take a POLYGRAPH!!! to prove I didnt have someone steal the bike for me to make a fraud insurance claim!!! IT WAS PAID OFF!!! and I had over 4k worth of mods...I lost alot of money in that bike..to make it better my bike and my neighbors 06 gsxr 1000 were stolen together..and he didnt have insurance..also 7 bikes got stolen that night within 30 miles of my appt complex..and my wife woke up to let the puppies out to **** and got the license plate off a red van that drove off with its headllights off at 3am..van turned out to be stolen from SC and they caught the 3 guys that did it who were from SC..and USAA still made me take a polygraph...**** USAA!!! they said if I declined it it would be me admitting to being guilty but that I wasnt required to take it by law BS
I was going to get a quote from USAA but now that I read this I'm not so sure..
Old Feb 3, 2010, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Dude, I have USAA and while I never had to make a claim, I wouldn't object to a polygraph test. If you are telling the truth it's a non-issue.

I can see how Insurance compainies have to protect themselves from all the scammers. Thats probably how they keep the rates as low as they do...less fraud.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 10:39 AM

I'm going through American family and they told me the msrp on my 05 evo 8 was 55k... They do that so that they can charge you a higher premium. But it's only 120 a month for full coverage so that not too bad for not being 25 yet
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EViTZO
I'm going through American family and they told me the msrp on my 05 evo 8 was 55k... They do that so that they can charge you a higher premium. But it's only 120 a month for full coverage so that not too bad for not being 25 yet
Go run it into a tree right now and ask for that 55k, then you'll see their true colors
Old Feb 3, 2010, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i didnt have a problem with USAA and SUX2BU86 when USAA finds out there gonna nail you. But good luck i wont say anything.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:41 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tsitalon1
Dude, I have USAA and while I never had to make a claim, I wouldn't object to a polygraph test. If you are telling the truth it's a non-issue.
If you're telling the truth AND the machine is 100% accurate it's a non-issue

While I agree that stopping fraud is important to keeping everyone's rates low, I think I'd still have a hard time paying all that money year after year to any company that would treat me like that.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 03:19 AM
Evolving Member

like I said that was only ONE of my "Examples" a couple of years prior I purchased a used 97 Eclipse GST Spyder that had a TON of after market stuff including an RX7 tail light conversion..anyways it ended up catching on fire due to the previous owners faulty wiring..I replaced the complete wiring harness twice before finally making a claim..USAA had no problem considering it a total loss they came picked it up and took it to their lot..5months later I purchase another car and PCS to Ft. Bragg..then one day out of the blue a tow truck pulls up to my front door with that Eclipse on it..I was like can I help u? and the guy said we were told to drop this car off at this address for me. I was like this must be a mistake cus its been salvaged by USAA. They jus drop the car off and leave it in my drive way..I go and inspect the car..its in 100 times worse condition than the last time I saw it....it had bent rims,scratches all over the place, broken bodykit, stolen parts, the top was cut up, steering column broke...all kindsa stuff wrong with it.. this was all after I paid the difference after USAA totalled it and gave me 4k for the car..I paid outta pocket the other 8k with my bonus from enlisting as an xray tech. I go inside and call USAA and they said that the gave me back the car because it looked like a car from the F&F(it was a show car) and there were not gonna insure me on it anymore..they then hung up on me.Then later on they approved my claim for VANDALISM by their OWN company!!! it took almost a year for that to get taken car of after threats of lawyrs and all kindsa stuff..I was newly married at the time and had to fork out all kindsa money on deductibles and towing fees all this after the car was already out of my life. So again USAA has GREAT rates but if something goes wrong I get ****ED!!!

heres the cardomain link for the car before I bought it..used to be the top exterior modded car for 97 Eclipses
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/360162

Last edited by SUX2BU86; Feb 4, 2010 at 03:22 AM. Reason: add pics
Old Feb 4, 2010, 03:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by H Jensen
i didnt have a problem with USAA and SUX2BU86 when USAA finds out there gonna nail you. But good luck i wont say anything.

nail me for what? I passed the polygraph and im jus telling the truth to the world about how the have treated me.

Ive been giving my money for 7 years now.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

I have had good luck getting claims paid by USAA, but the last incident (3 years ago) they asked me to make a recorded statement over the phone and I declined. I asked the lady how it could possibly benefit me without legal counsel present and of course, she couldn't give me an answer.

I had good documentation that an uninsured illegal motorist hit me (with mexican id, no driv lic etc, photos of both cars yada yada)...they paid- but I felt like they were trying to back me into a corner by trying to get me to make a conflicting statement.

They did raise rates in CALI significantly- but mostly on my evo- not so much on my vette(s).
Old Feb 4, 2010, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

ya ive made more reocorded statements than I can remember...

Quick Reply: Insurance Problems