Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Titanium Strut Tower bar?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2010, 04:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
that's not the strut bar I bought. The ARC titanium strut tower bar was never made.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 06:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kinda off topic..... but i love your lugs (price?).... and i was thinking, would it be practical to make titanium wheels? i bet you people would be all over them, even if they costed $5k each. i bet rich people would love that kind of bling, especially if they are lighter & stronger than al wheels. anyway, just a thought. again, your lugs look great!
Old Mar 11, 2010, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Fishstix
that's not the strut bar I bought. The ARC titanium strut tower bar was never made.
It wasn't? Hmmm...well maybe I should make one that looks like that then if the market is there. It's a hefty investment after all. Thanks a lot for the feedback everyone, and thanks to this site for letting me ask these questions.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There is a market, but people who buy ARC buy it particularly for the name.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

true, its just ARC dont make them
Old Mar 11, 2010, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

Do you sell these titanium lug nuts? PM me a price. I am interested in buying.

Originally Posted by collegeboy

Old Mar 11, 2010, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

yeah me too!
Old Mar 11, 2010, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

in for the bar
Old Mar 12, 2010, 05:48 PM

wow looks amazing
Old Mar 21, 2010, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

any more updates?
Old Mar 21, 2010, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by collegeboy
400-500

I need a local EVO X in Dallas to let me take measurements of their car as well. I'll hook them up for the help =)
Does Fort Worth work?

Originally Posted by St1g
kinda off topic..... but i love your lugs (price?).... and i was thinking, would it be practical to make titanium wheels? i bet you people would be all over them, even if they costed $5k each. i bet rich people would love that kind of bling, especially if they are lighter & stronger than al wheels. anyway, just a thought. again, your lugs look great!
I actually saw some titanium (alloy) wheels on the Cusco Time Attack car at Don Herring Mitsu the other day. Don't quote me on this but I believe they weighed less than 10 pounds a piece..

Last edited by johntesi; Mar 21, 2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Brokenevo
any more updates?
Well not right now. I have no problem making a producing the titanium strut tower bar, (Already fully discussed it with my fabricator with designs) however for me to put the time and money (~$10,000) forward I have to know that these will actually sell.

Unfortnatley, I have had over 50 people with EvoXs contact me via PM or e-mail, telling me they wanted a set of my lug nuts. Once told the price, they backed out. Basically I am worried that if no one in the EvoX crowd buys lug nuts, then I don't see many people(#s I have to make in order to make these bars affordable for the public) putting the money forward for the strut tower bar which will be significantly more. Titanium and working with it isn't cheap.

I have no problem making parts, as I am currently about to come out with 3 nice pieces for the S2000 community, 1 for the 300ZX, and one for the NSX, BUT I have to know that the community will then support me by buying them if I go through the hassle of designing and making these parts.

Time will tell, but so far, sadly there are no plans to move forward, unless I get at least 20 confirmed people willing to spend ~$500 per bar, which so far, I just don't see happening.

Not trying to be rude, but everyone has to see where I am coming from. Time will tell, and I will give an update if the status changes.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

Pm'd you
Old Mar 22, 2010, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

I fully understand where you are coming from man, but it only helps to know how the product would look, and a price that they would sell for. Yes the lugs are expensive but honestly they are cheaper then others. I do plan on getting a set, its just right now money os going to needed items, before I can buy the wanted, dont need, but who cares and will get anyway. You know what I mean. I am sure many will get them, and to fully sell out may take some time. If you offer something that no one else is offering they will sell!
Old Mar 23, 2010, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Brokenevo
I fully understand where you are coming from man, but it only helps to know how the product would look, and a price that they would sell for. Yes the lugs are expensive but honestly they are cheaper then others. I do plan on getting a set, its just right now money os going to needed items, before I can buy the wanted, dont need, but who cares and will get anyway. You know what I mean. I am sure many will get them, and to fully sell out may take some time. If you offer something that no one else is offering they will sell!
Thanks for your response. Yea I'm trying to get my run down to just 10 units. I will feel MUCH more comfortable with that number being made. I am not saying I will not be doing it, but just that currently with all of the "I know these will sell asap" parts that I currently have on my plate, these are on the the back burner for a bit. I'll continue doing more research and seeing who all really wants one, then perhaps in a few weeks, I'll fab one out of steel myself to use as the template for my producer to make out of titanium. I'll keep this site updated either way.

Thanks again for your input.

Quick Reply: Titanium Strut Tower bar?