Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Titanium Strut Tower bar?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2010, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in for the bar too.

but i'd be far more convinced with at least a sample or "in the making" pics...or even previous works
Old Apr 11, 2010, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by endGameXIII
in for the bar too.

but i'd be far more convinced with at least a sample or "in the making" pics...or even previous works
Not going to priduce it. There is not nearly enough market for titranium parts in the EVO community. Sorry.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 11:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by collegeboy
Not going to priduce it. There is not nearly enough market for titranium parts in the EVO community. Sorry.
Just curious about demographics... what car communities are ripe markets for titanium parts? Who shells out? BMW, GTR (or even Nissan - 350Z, G35), or Porsche guys? Subaru?
Old Apr 12, 2010, 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

fail.

/unsubscribe
Old Apr 12, 2010, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

That's too bad. I hope you're not basing your decision off of this thread alone.

Those lug nuts are nice, btw.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 04:12 PM

Would definitly pick one up. Looks real nice
Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Frankiago
Just curious about demographics... what car communities are ripe markets for titanium parts? Who shells out? BMW, GTR (or even Nissan - 350Z, G35), or Porsche guys? Subaru?
Anything with a Honda badge on it seems to really like titanium stuff. I'm also about to release some GTR stuff But I've been so busy with work etc that things have taken me longer than expected.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by stokEd
That's too bad. I hope you're not basing your decision off of this thread alone.

Those lug nuts are nice, btw.
Nah. Many factors went into the decision, from talking one on one with EVO owners in person and online about what they think, and if they would pay the money for it, as well as talking to an EVO aftermarket parts supplier for their opinion on the matter. The botton line is, I'd love to make the part, and I can easily, but without being about to sell the slightly large quantity I need in order to justify my time and investment, I can not pursue this any further. If things change, I may dive back into it, but for now, I am not planning on it. Thanks for the feedback guys seriously.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by St1g
not sure if this is true. in fact, titanium is used in bicycles simply because it does flex. aluminum bike frames are stiffer, and carbon is stiffest. i had a "softtail" before--the entire frame was ti. the ti flexes so much that there is no joint/hinge necessary in the rear triangle--the whole thing can move 1" without one!

ti is probably the worst material for braces. it's mostly for show.

your stock brace is probably the stiffest you can get. notice it has no hinges where there could be further bending. can't beat that. but for looks, yeah, aftermarket stuff might look better.

Ti bikes are famous for there compliant ride. Front/full suspension was made for aluiminium!
Old Apr 15, 2010, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

There is a bunch of strut bars in the market. at less five, Cusco is one of them and you can get it on eBay for $150 new, or in the 90...ich used like mine.
There is a few guys (don't ask me names) in the market copping Cusco.
The bar that you show (mi point of view) is lacking design, is basically too flat. evos came from factory with a good bar , so you have to work in the ugly Mitsubishi design in order to make us salivate. lol. Remember also our bars are a 3 point bars, it connects in the middle.

There just doesn't seem to be any options out there for front strut tower bars for the EVOX. If there was a strut tower bar like this available for the EVO X made out of titanium, would anyone be interested in it? Titanium is stiffer than aluminum, and the look is great. just wondering peoples opinions on such things.