Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

2010 Evo X GSR To lease or not to lease?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2010, 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im leasing my X MR right now.. i traded my Evo IX MR and i know that i was up side down... but i got a good deal so i took it... $670 NO Money Down 13k when the lease is done! im not planning to mod it...
Old Apr 7, 2010, 08:20 PM

unless you're leasing it for business, i'd rather purchase. if you need the payments lower, get an evo ix. they're more fun imo anyway.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 01:47 AM

i'll be leasing mine when i get it. I use it for work, so i get to write off the payments and mods hopefully lol
Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

I lease mine, got a pretty good deal. I usually lease cars cuz I get bored of them in a few years or so. I love my evo X, but I know in 2 years I'm gonna want something else (lately ive been leaning toward whatever the current M3 or C63 AMG is when the time comes). If you know that your interests are going to be changing within a few years and you don't mind not modding the car too heavily (mine only has a few exterior mods) then leasing is a pretty good option.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Noize
Leasing sucks, esp on a car you want to mod. They will kill you on the back end, and you'll end up paying way more than if you just bought it. IMO, if you can't afford to buy a car and have to look at leasing, you are looking at a car that is too expensive.
not true. leasing is not too different from financing--the real difference is instead of financing the entire cost of the car, you finance only a portion, being the depreciation occuring during your ownership.

in many cases, leasing is cheaper than financing if you do the math. there's other advantages too, including not paying the registration fees up front.

so, it's not about whether you can afford the car or not--again, leasing is plain cheaper sometimes, as the interest rate is lower often. however, as this quote inplies... you need the treat the lease like financing--you have to be prepared to buy the car at the end of the lease to make it a better financial deal. if you're giving back the car, then you really have to think about other factors like mileage and stuff. many of you people who financed your cars in totallity actually will lose much more money than if you just leased it--you just gave the bank even more hard earned money folks.

but i just want to make it clear--leasing can be cheaper and smarter, and it's not necessarily about "affordability."

and yes, i leased my mr. and i will buy it at the end of the lease, else i really screwed myself.

Last edited by St1g; Apr 8, 2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

never lease cars i did it once and never again.