Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Should I stress this issue

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2010, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't waste your money on a pulley. Money can be better spent elsewhere.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TruSlide
^Dude! Zeitgeist is AWESOME! That movie is insane.

Anyway... I wouldn't need an A/F gauge if I had evoscan right? Another question is, since my car is a brand new 2010 X with the Nav system built in, can evoscan run off that nav system? I'm definitely not going to take out the stock nav system and install an aftermarket one just to utilize evoscan...
FWIW, you're the first one to observe Zeitgeist in my Sig.

As for evoscan running on the factory nav, its not possible as of today.

The factory nav does not run on generic x86 hardware, hence the evoscan S/W will not run on it. Assuming the factory nav runs on some sort of RISC system, and that the evoscan GPS is also a RISC based system, the code should be fairly portable from a technical standpoint, but its not possible as of today. I don't think the evoscan s/w is available as a standalone installation for the gps product. that option is only available for the PC edition. You will also need a USB input on the factory NAV to be able to connect using the tactrix cable, I don't think the default hardlink between the factory nav and ECU is as capable, if it even exists.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 01:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TruSlide
Anyway... I wouldn't need an A/F gauge if I had evoscan right?
You still need a wideband A/F ratio gauge/sensor if you want to do mods and tuning. I'd highly recommend it. Evoscan will read the wideband signal, but the car doesn't come with a wideband o2 sensor, so you need to buy one.