Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

A must read body shop nightmare

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2009, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
sorry dude. although not suprised at all if you were reffered to them by Max Madsen, crapiest dealership of them all.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A must read body shop nightmare

I bought my evo brand new in 2008-09 some of you may remember this story. I was side swiped 3 or 4 days into my new car. Took it to Packy Webb ford in WHEATON<IL they had my car for about 5-6 weeks. Glad to finally get the car back but, something did not seem right car looked a bit off after a few details and closer looks. also after it rained I smelled this mildew smell that was just awful. So brought it back to Packy Webb and they assured everything was done correctly and to specs/protocol. However with my great sense of something being wrong I brought it to the owners attention. You think that would help right? well not exactly he basically said that I was overly picky and that he believes that theres no way he could possibly fix my issues and or concerns because they were to great. So pissed off at this point I took my car to a trusted family friends shop called collision revision. With there help they discovered numerous amount of extended damage that was just "covered" up not fixed, numerous leaks, clips broken/missing, re used parts that were not prepped correctly, I wouldve been better off going to the local college and having the car fixed. DO NOT BRING YOUR CAR TO PACKY WEBB FOR ANYTHING!!! if the lies and mistreat come from the owner then that will just trickle on down. Some of you ask well why did you bring you foreign car to a domestic place?? well thats on a recommendation from the mitsu dealership. Not to mention the guy who said to go to Packy Webb , is friends with the manager there, go figure. Now the damage is sitting at $6,000 and climbing because this dealership has no clue what there doing. Ironic enough the owner is running for office and he wanted originally to just have me "sign off" on a set amount... LET IT BE KNOWN TO NOT HAVE YOU, OR YOUR FAMILY GO TO THIS PLACE HORRIBLE WORK.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Call your insurance agency and tell them what is happening....
Old Apr 16, 2010, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

this sucks man
hate those underhand shop
any pictures of the damage would have been great?
and the picture of cover up damage?
Old Apr 16, 2010, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Better find a lawyer for that one... That sucks.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

What "webman" said is most likely what your going to need to do.. You said that the Mitsubishi dealership advised you to go to that shop... now, its my understanding that the insurance from the other party assigns you a collision shop, if you choose to go to another they will not warranty anything that's done to your car. If you had gone to the shop where the other parties insurance had assigned you to, you could have complained and had gotten it fixed with no problem. When my 2008 maxima was rear ended, the pearl white paint on the rear bumper was slightly off and did not match exactly to the rest of the car, me being picky as hell complained and called their insurance company saying that i wanted it repainted. Nonetheless, i had the bumper repainted 3 times before they got it right.

Anywho, sucks that your going through this, complain until your satisfied, don't let them do half *** work..
Old Apr 16, 2010, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DEVILDOGG2154
I bought my evo brand new in 2008-09 some of you may remember this story. I was side swiped 3 or 4 days into my new car. Took it to Packy Webb ford in WHEATON<IL they had my car for about 5-6 weeks. Glad to finally get the car back but, something did not seem right car looked a bit off after a few details and closer looks. also after it rained I smelled this mildew smell that was just awful. So brought it back to Packy Webb and they assured everything was done correctly and to specs/protocol. However with my great sense of something being wrong I brought it to the owners attention. You think that would help right? well not exactly he basically said that I was overly picky and that he believes that theres no way he could possibly fix my issues and or concerns because they were to great. So pissed off at this point I took my car to a trusted family friends shop called collision revision. With there help they discovered numerous amount of extended damage that was just "covered" up not fixed, numerous leaks, clips broken/missing, re used parts that were not prepped correctly, I wouldve been better off going to the local college and having the car fixed. DO NOT BRING YOUR CAR TO PACKY WEBB FOR ANYTHING!!! if the lies and mistreat come from the owner then that will just trickle on down. Some of you ask well why did you bring you foreign car to a domestic place?? well thats on a recommendation from the mitsu dealership. Not to mention the guy who said to go to Packy Webb , is friends with the manager there, go figure. Now the damage is sitting at $6,000 and climbing because this dealership has no clue what there doing. Ironic enough the owner is running for office and he wanted originally to just have me "sign off" on a set amount... LET IT BE KNOWN TO NOT HAVE YOU, OR YOUR FAMILY GO TO THIS PLACE HORRIBLE WORK.
whoa...i've had fleet vehicles repaired there (minor damage repaired). if you need a recomendation i know of a better place i brought my personal vehicle to.

Last edited by John83; Apr 16, 2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Why didnt you take it to collision revision the first time then? Always go with a trusted shop. And contrary to what insurance tells you, you can have it repaired where ever the hell you want in MOST states. Also, have to be careful with dealer-recommended shops. Some are great, loyal and honest while others are cheap hack-job outlets. I work in the collison biz, I know, trust me. Seen some seriously hacked up stuff from other shops come to us for re-fixing.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
are you still dealing with this situation or are you just ranting still? i remember your thread but that was months ago..
Old Apr 16, 2010, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
I would call your insurance company and the attorney general's office.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JDZNate
I would call your insurance company and the attorney general's office.
The insurance companies are usually in with certain shops to provide "Quick, guaranteed work by our certified shops". Which actually amounts to "Cutting corners to save us money and not repair your car to pre-accident condition". Trust me. Unfortunately, you'll have to start with the insurance company and show them your problem. If they make a fuss about it or say theres nothing wrong with it you go to the insurance commision and ream serious ***. The consumer always wins that battle. Usually a threat to the insurance saying youll do that will get your car fixed immediately.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

That sucks bro GL
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:16 AM

body shop nightmare

yes i understand what your saying although i have yet to have any issues with max madsen. I usually get military discounts on oil changes , perks of parts, and so forth. Back to this story i will get pictures, videos all up for you guys to see because theses guys (packy webb) did a horrible job. I may even make a website so all can see not just evo members because i feel the job that collision revision are doing is really beyond excellent...i will keep in touch
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

what a bummer, hope everything comes out good in the end...whenever it may be with your car
Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That fackin' sucks, man!

Quick Reply: A must read body shop nightmare