Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Buying used Evo X MR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2010, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying used Evo X MR

Going to pick up a used 2010, but had a quick question. This car is out of California, so is there any impact on the performance of the car that I will need to consider?

The car is now on the east coast and will remain.

Sorry for the short first post, it's late and work comes early.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 08:58 PM

I was thinking the same thing. Not sure if it makes the car lose performance, or if I'll have to deal with it if I start making changes.

Also, anyone know about the warranty for used cars? The factory website indicates warranty data for the 08 only and it looks like buyers of used cars do not take a hit on the length of coverage.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 12:59 AM
Evolving Member

The dealership should have provided you with warranty information. There is no specific anything granting you a warranty unless the car came with one. Usually it's either the original warranty as long as mileage or time hasn't passed (5yr/60,000 mile, etc.) All warranties are the same, they cover the same thing, with extended warranties you typically have to pay a deductible. I paid $85 everytime I brought my Audi into get serviced after I hit 50,000 miles. It should be on your used car contract or on the sticker that was on the car. If you bought your car "as is" that might mean there's no warranty.

As far as the performance, emissions control shouldn't limit performance. All the cars a built the same, california has strict laws on modifying cars = failing emissions testing. Basically you can't remove the cat, etc. It should perform just as well as any other Evo X MR, just cleaner emissions until you replace the exhaust system, intake, and get it tuned. Then it's a beast...
Old Apr 20, 2010, 06:04 AM

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that their was some specific 'used' warranty other than the factory. I meant what, if anything, changes with the factory warranty when the car is no longer owned by the original owner.

As you can see here, they don't specifically list the EvoX:

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/j.../warranties.do

But on other 2010 models the warranty changes coverage periods as soon as titles passes to the second owner.
Old May 17, 2010, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

congrats dude. u will love the mr they are amazing! make sure u got a lot of memory space in your phone for lots of pictures.