Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Funny conversation with a cop.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2010, 11:27 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
/insert multiple lines from Fast&Furious
Old Apr 30, 2010, 06:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good stories. Too bad mine aren't as good when I run into the boys in blue...
Old Apr 30, 2010, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

When I got hit by a drunk driver I had the cops (three of them) do the same kinda thing. Walking around and checking it out. One had a brother who had a IX. It was funny. One younger guy took particular interest. He was asking questions about it and he knew his stuff. I offered to let him take it around the parking lot if he wanted. He remarked on how quick he knew they were. As he was getting ready to leave he shouted back at me "Now don't pull up next to my Crown Vic at a light, I'll smoke you!". I'll see him around town patrolling now and then and he always thumbs up at me.

Last edited by CC16; Apr 30, 2010 at 06:47 AM.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evolution IVGSR

That is a cool idea. Racing around with cops on a track of closed course I would so do that

Once I get it going I can help you set it up in your city if you want. Our website is really easy to use and if you got enough friends and can get the cops to do it there's no reason why you can't set it up.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 06:51 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
the cops here used to run a drag car - specifically for dragging people at the local strip...

that was a few years ago, not sure if they are still doing it
Old Apr 30, 2010, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

I got pulled over in my old Eclipse about a mile from my house,

This was back when cops in my county were still allowed to walk out into traffic and direct you over to the curb/shoulder...

Young guy walks out and flags me over, I'm in disarray because I can't find my registration... Give him my other information and then as he's walking back to his car call to him that I finally found it...

So he walks back and I'm thinking man I'm screwed since I've now wasted this guys time...

To my surprise he comes back and gives me a warning (38 in a 25 if I remember correctly) and then proceeds to ask if I've done any work to the car...

"It's a trap" was the first thing that popped into my head, but I figured hey he just gave me a break I can't lie to him... So I said yeah a whole heck of a lot, so I popped the hood and we talked cars for a good 30 minutes before his partner yelled at him to get back to work...
Old Apr 30, 2010, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

lol you guys with these cop stories are so lucky, this will never happen in NYC...
Old Apr 30, 2010, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mj23foreva
lol you guys with these cop stories are so lucky, this will never happen in NYC...
Heh, yea. Luckily for a lot of us in smaller cities/towns, the cops really don't have anything better to do. Which is nice, but can also get you in trouble for nothing really. Handle them with respect and be friendly and it's amazing what you get in return.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

Cop pulled me and my friend over in his STI because of overly loud exhaust and what not. He proceeded to bash my friends car saying its a shame he drives this car because of some of the parts he has on it. My friend said it was the previous owner who put the parts on (because he had had it for maybe a week at the time). He then said I'm embarrassed you drive a STI like this because I myself drive a 06 STI. (The funny thing was when we got pulled over I was like 'I bet he drives an STI' for no reason at all.

Long story short, this guy just made fun of my friends car and then wrote him two tickets. What an a$$
Old Apr 30, 2010, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

What will the same cop think when he sees a GTR ?
can it fly ? lol
Old Apr 30, 2010, 09:28 AM

nice!!! cool officer
Old Apr 30, 2010, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Back in FL I purchased an 03' cobra (keep in mind I'm Asian) and had a riding buddy of mine that worked at Reinhart Automotive as their tuner/mechanic. Took it to him and had him throw on a 6lb+ pulley, belt, SCT, catless x-pipe, 4:10 gears, springs (for wheel hop), steeda tri-ax shifter, and magnaflow exhaust. Afterwards went through a shortcut on the way to a local car meet and got on it, of course it was a severe loss of traction and a lot of noise.

Cop comes out of no where and pulls me over. Once he walks up, he takes a look at me and has this surprised look on his face like "WTF?!?!?!". Short conversation later, I tell him I bought it because no other Asian at the time had one. I also admited that I was just testing out the new car and setup.

He replies with "Well if you were driving one of those Hondas, I would give you a ticket." Turns out he has a 91' LX Stang and we shot the sh*t for a few minutes and then he went on his way.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

I was on my way back from the Staples Center after a game, and I hopped on the fwy pretty quick and flew by a cop doing about 75-80. He threw the lights on and pulled me over. He asked me 2 questions: "Why where you speeding" and I answered, "No reason, just not being smart". And the second, "Do you know you have fire coming out of your muffler?" I simlply said, "Yes I do". He said "Ok i'll be back". He ran my info came back and said to slow down and have a good night.

Honesty has always worked for me.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Haha thats hilarious!wish there more more cops out there like that!
Old Apr 30, 2010, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good thread and nice to hear some stories about "nice little piggies."

I've had two run-ins with cops since owning my Evo, both were civil and involved car talk.

One cop was shy/ nervous about talking cars, but still did a little. The other cop, I couldn't stop from talking about cars.

Just an odd observation, lots of emoticons in this thread.

Quick Reply: Funny conversation with a cop.