Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

My 2011 info

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2010, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you in Oki or main land? How much would it be to ship one over from JP and get it USDM driveable? I was on main land a while back... you should see about it since you're there. Besides, the value of the dollar is so bad right now, you might be able to get a decent price with the exchange rate... then again, I haven't put much thought into it so i'm not sure if it'd be in your interest.

As the other guys above mentioned... DO NOT take any word from the dealer. I called South Coast Mitsubishi and talked to a sales rep (not Sam) and they said... "yea you can get heated seats on the GSR, yes it comes with a sunroof". WRONG! Three days later and after they knew how serious I was they said... "we'll the GSR doesnt come with heated seats OR a sunroof." And they will charge you an insane amount to have the MR seats put in, just swap them out for some bride seats or something... I'm in the military too, so from one member to another... please be patient, please don't make a rash decision. Just bide your time, and start into negotiations, maybe you'll get a super sick deal on a '10 that they're trying to move off the lot.

Trust me when I say this... If you find a GSR that hasn't moved, and they are bringing in the 2011 line, if there aren't many changes... just get the 2010 for a steal, they will work with you to do the "out with the old in with the new."

Good luck and safe travels home. Enjoy Japan while you can, it sucks back here in the states...
Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

I am mainland, and i looked into bringing back my rx7 but the costs on that stuff is just not worth it. I think it sucks here, although i have been here 3 years.

To clear something up, i am patient and very smart when it comes to finances. I have enough cash to by my x and my wifes insight, and still have about 30k left to put on a house. I will not let my hard earned money be stolen from me from some bs stealer.....I mean dealer.

Thanks for the input guy. I started this thread to just put out info that may or may not be true, but just wanted to share.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

any updates?.. did you order one, did the dealer contact you with eta?
Old Oct 6, 2010, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Don Herring is a good dealer who has done alot with the Evo community over the years. I would though until they actually have some 2011s prior to ordering.