Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Retreaded rubber!! hit my car!

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2010, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude that flat out sucks man....i was so happy to hear about your new car and this **** happens... good luck with the repair
Old May 5, 2010, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

It sucks that we can't have anything nice due to the amount of trash people on this planet.
Old May 5, 2010, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
o man i hate seeing this stuff. i hate when stuff gets ruined because of some1 elses stupid decisions. sorry for your misfortune...
Old May 5, 2010, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

sorry to hear that i hope you get your car asap
Old May 5, 2010, 06:53 PM

terrible, just terrible
Old May 5, 2010, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

This happened to wife, in my Evo, right before I came home from Iraq. Called the insurance company and they said it was a road hazard so I paid the deductible and the covered the rest. I told the repair shop is meesed up my rim so they replaced that to. My total damage was over $3000. Had to replace a fog light housing and the SSS front aero pieces.
Old May 5, 2010, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

That sucks, I can't stand the crap off the highway. I purposely never ride to close on people and stay far back from trucks with no mud flaps but it never seems to work. Today I had a effin rock chip my windshield with no one within 100 feet of me!!! WTF really?? how does this crap keep happening?
Old May 5, 2010, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by josefmd
What a wonderful way to start my day! I just mergered on to the freeway and made a lane change behind a POS Grand Am. 10 secs later cruising along a 75 or so a big piece of rubber gets shot and slams into my car on the rt front of my Evo.
A couple small cracks on my passenger side headlight assembly, and a small dent on the top of the fender. I was quoted $800 and change for the light with the Hid bulbs and I am assuming $75 to $100 bucks for a dent Dr. dude. I have to say this is the first time something that this has happen to me with a new car.
I guess it was a matter of time
You do NOT need the $800 headlight. The one you want costs around $350 from Mitsubishiparts.net. Make sure you mention you want the HID projector headlight w/o the ballasts and bulbs.

I know this from experience - the $800 one includes the Ballasts and HID bulbs, where the $350 one does not (you transplant the ballast and bulbs from the old headlight). And even if you had to buy a new bulb, it would still be tops $500 with a new Phillips bulb.
Old May 5, 2010, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

where does the ballast mount on the HID headlights? Directly to them or off to the side?
Old May 5, 2010, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Happened to me the 3rd day I had the car. It was a complete tear off from a big rig. Now I have a nice crack in my bumper from it.
Old May 5, 2010, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sufu
You do NOT need the $800 headlight. The one you want costs around $350 from Mitsubishiparts.net. Make sure you mention you want the HID projector headlight w/o the ballasts and bulbs.

I know this from experience - the $800 one includes the Ballasts and HID bulbs, where the $350 one does not (you transplant the ballast and bulbs from the old headlight). And even if you had to buy a new bulb, it would still be tops $500 with a new Phillips bulb.
Thanks! That is what I was thinking I really needed. The bulbs still work! I just have a few small cracks on the very top of the assembly itself!
My main concern now is if I can get the little ripple out of the fender! I really dont want to have to replace the fender and have a repaint done I really appreciate all the advice, especially about the insurance part. My rep thru Progressive said this morning that that it would be classified under collision. I feel that is total B.S. I will have to get this straightened out once I get home from a trip I am on currently on. I havent had a chance to take any pics, but I am going to leave the nice black marks that it now has, and snap some on Saturday.

Last edited by josefmd; May 6, 2010 at 05:00 AM.
Old May 6, 2010, 01:09 PM

It will be covered under your comprehensive, not your collision.

If you would have gotten the plate number and been able to track the person down, you would still have to deal with the "proving" it was their fault part of things, and even then, getting them to pay would not be easy. I'd pay the deductible (unless it will cost less to fix the car than the deductible) and drive on!
Old May 6, 2010, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

It should be under comprehensive, but you're going to have to fight with them to get that. The way they see it is "Well if you hit it, you had time to see it, or were following too close and its under collsion". I'm not agreeing with them, just telling you how it works. You're going to have to fight a little and plead the case to them. Make them explain it to you why they're filing it under "collision". Then ask what determines "comprehensive or collision". They'll probably not have a good answer for you, at which point you'll have them. Insurance companies are not your friend, and they're not there to help you contrary to what the commercials say. I deal with it all damn day at work and they'll do anything to not have to pay 1 cent. It's kinda repulsive considering how they market themselves as being "your ride or die brotha, always got yo back". They don't.
Old May 6, 2010, 02:50 PM

I had a metal bar come flying at me on the fwy, but lucky my front plate took most of the damage. I was soo relieved.
Old May 6, 2010, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Them road gators can do a lot of damage. I took a 3 foot truck tread off the rear tire of a 1/2 ton pickup I was driving which flipped it broadside into an enclosed trailer I was towing. Totally ***** slapped the poor trailer and dented it hard.

Quick Reply: Retreaded rubber!! hit my car!