Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

rattling, trim slouching on MR

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2010, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rattling, trim slouching on MR

so after taking it to the dealer and have them fix the issue, the rattle/buzz is back with a vengeance. i think whatever they did fixed the initial issue, but created another. on the top of the driver door where is curves into the window, a slight rattle/buzz like a loose spring manifests when i have my radio on, going over bumps. i can recreate the noise by gently tapping it with the bottom of my fist.

the kicker is, if i hold the door handle half way (not quite opening the door) for a second and release, the sound goes away until i open and close the door again. What's happening here? i took it in twice already to fix prev. rattling issues and they say they won't do any more under warranty.

also, my oem dash radio enclosure is slouching down at the top. has anyone had this happen? i'm very careful with my car, so it's def not something i did.
Attached Thumbnails rattling, trim slouching on MR-panels.jpg  
Old May 12, 2010, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
the oem radio and the dash thats normal ,now for the rattling thats not normal but get use to it this cars rattle a lot its cause of the suspension its very tight!
my wife has a normal gls lancer 2008model and it doesnt have rattles its the same car as the evo but without the rattles!
All sports cars rattle a friend of mine has ferrari f430 and you should hear how it rattles it has more interior noise then my evo!
Old May 13, 2010, 12:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
top of your radio has three flat wedges that slide into 3 slots. it is plastic on plastic and will rattle. you can put some thin felt tape on the radio-end and it will fix that problem. its what toyota and honda do on their clips from the factory, not sure why mitsu doesnt