Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Getting back to EVO's - MR interest

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2010, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts
Getting back to EVO's - MR interest

Need help from the forum.....

Looking at '08 - '10 MR's:
* any recalls
* any insider concerns with longevity
* What is difference between MR & Touring?
* Are the sponsored Mitsu dealers best to deal with?
* Different threads say you can & can't run 10" wide rims??

* I know the X's don't have the following the VIII's & IX's did.....this is why I am needing some help. Thanks.
Old May 16, 2010, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buy a GSR and save yourself some cash for mods. Yes you can run 10" wide wheels, if you plan on lowering on coilovers more than likely you'll need fender rolling. I'm on 18x10 Advan RZs with Cobb springs and I don't rub but I plan on coilovers this summer. The MR Touring has full leather seating, less obnoxious short spoiler or none at all, more interior sound deadening, heated seats, sunroof, insulated windshield and auto headlamps. It's pretty much the cadillac line of Evos. Again, not my cup of tea, I would pick up a GSR and sink the thousands you'd save into mods.

Last edited by pghdsm; May 16, 2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old May 16, 2010, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Someone is going to say "Search", but it won't be me.

Nu-uh.
Old May 16, 2010, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

pghdsm - great! Thank you. The Touring has more than I thought. Agree with you about the savings with the GSR, it's just now I am in a different place and will be driving daily and not doing the track as much. Want a BMW killer and want to support the EVO line!!!!

I actually found some good places to search the SST in another forum after posting this thread. To all who say search...and thanks for being nice.....I am doing that. Just wanted the expert opinions of EVO lovers all around.

Thank You,

Andy
Old May 16, 2010, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

just get the MR and save you like 4k
Old May 16, 2010, 11:07 PM

You won't regret the MR for DD. The SST is just amazing, but it'll disappoint once you floor it off the line since it doesn't build boost (Unless you use the launch control more often which I don't suggest)

I have no idea about the Touring version, I don't live in the US.
Old May 17, 2010, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

get the evo mr. im in love with it. amazing for dd and im 100% sure u wont regret getting a MR. i told myself i would never buy an auto but i guess it changed. im so obsessed with my car.
Old May 17, 2010, 09:17 PM

I also agree with the last 3 post regarding the MR. I had a 2003 EVO and said to myself that i'd never get an automatic sports car. When the 2008 Evo X's came out, I was so appauld by it and thought it was a disgrace but, after reading and searching and reading more about the transmission 2 years later i bit the bullet and took it for a test drive. I was sold after that.
Unless your looking to race your car and have it fully built with over 600HP..

Regarding the 10 inch wide tires. Check out Evodaves X with 18 x 11's:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-classics.html
Old May 17, 2010, 09:54 PM

Love the MR as a DD. The only way I would do it different is to get a IX as a toy...I would have loved that but it didn't workout for me.
Old May 18, 2010, 04:50 AM
Evolving Member

My MR is my DD and inclement weather car. I drive in heavy traffic 1 hour each way in DC and I love that I can go full automatic and putz around. I also have bad knees so this helps keep the wear and tear off of them.

Then on the weekends (like the past beautiful one!) I can take her up to the mountains in full S-Sport mode and do what she does best... carve up the corners. I am in love with paddle shifting. It leaves so much more room to focus on your driving, and it really is easy. My car is 100% stock and just a complete joy to drive.

Altho if it was my only car, it would have been a GSR because I have to have a manual transmission sports car as well. Hence the Camaro SS. The other reasons I got the MR were the Bilstien shocks, badass leather seating, stock BBS rims and better interior/exterior trim.

You can make the MR fast. SSP provides the beefier clutch packs to hold more power. But you will have to make an investment on that.

good luck on your decission!
Old May 18, 2010, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ignore this post

Last edited by Noble713; May 18, 2010 at 09:42 AM. Reason: wrong thread
Old May 18, 2010, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FerdEVO03
I also agree with the last 3 post regarding the MR. I had a 2003 EVO and said to myself that i'd never get an automatic sports car. When the 2008 Evo X's came out, I was so appauld by it and thought it was a disgrace but, after reading and searching and reading more about the transmission 2 years later i bit the bullet and took it for a test drive. I was sold after that.
Unless your looking to race your car and have it fully built with over 600HP..

Regarding the 10 inch wide tires. Check out Evodaves X with 18 x 11's:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-classics.html
agree. you can still make some good power with them tho.
Old May 20, 2010, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks everyone for your posts! You all have really helped me with my decision. It seems like there is more appreciation for the EVO X and X MR than there was initially in 08??

Here is my deal. If I change companies, I lose the company car...Ford Taurus. The new company is offering $500/mth and gas. What better car is there for the money if you need 4 doors? Guess I am off to find the best dealer with great prices.

Appreciate the forum support! Always good to have input from the real fans.

Andy
Old May 20, 2010, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

Driv200, you're luck to have $500 company money to get any 4 door. I agree with the GSR and modding it vs. more for MR/Touring, but I'd still drive both since you have the cash.

Here's a good place for deals. I just got an email from them advertising inventory reduction:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/hu...-x-2010-a.html

South Coast Mitsubishi, The Number One Store In The Western U.S., Wants Your Business And To Earn It We Are Pulling Out All The Stops We need room fast for the new models coming in every day so we have reduced our current inventory drastically. Check Out Our Deals Below.
Call our Fleet Department and ask for Sam S to grab these deals while they last. 714-545-1700

2010 OUTLANDER , 25 in stock, all $1200 BELOW INVOICE
2010 LANCER , 27 in stock, all $1200 BELOW INVOICE
2010 LANCER EVOLUTION 58 IN STOCK ALL BELOW INVOICE
2010 LANCER RALLIART 30 IN STOCK $1000 BELOW INVOICE
USED VEHICLES 150 TO CHOOSE FROM. ALL DISCOUNTED.

To receive there deals you MUST contact Sam S in our Fleet Department at 714-545-1700

This is a limited offer and will be discontinued soon so HURRY!!!

South Coast Mitsubishi
2860 Harbor Blvd.
Costa Mesa, Ca. 92626
Thank You,
Sam S.
Fleet Sales Manager
South Coast Mitsubishi
714-545-1700 Office
714-493-4163 Cell
http://www.southcoastmitsubishi.com/
Old May 22, 2010, 07:49 PM

I'm planning to get an MR next week, I would like the sst over a 5 spd manual for my DD. But I've heard the MR's trans doesn't hold up/ take pleasure in power mods to well. But I plan to just autox it not drag race it.

Quick Reply: Getting back to EVO's - MR interest