Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X exhaust Sound

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2010, 06:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X exhaust Sound

I have an Evo X- Ralliart 2008, Recently I added HKS Racing Suction and SQV III with Aluminium Inter-cooler piping Kit, it sounds really great but I exhaust sound is very quit and I don't want to change it because it is a Ralliart one, so can anyone advice me on a trick to make exhaust sound sporty and deep without changing the cut-back or downpipe??
Old May 24, 2010, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe all you need to do is change the muffler/axle-back section of it. Hopefully, some of the vendors here will give you better suggestions.
Old May 24, 2010, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

yeah that ^

.. bt theres 1 way i think ..ive red it somewhere that u need to take out something in the middle of our oem muffler -- helps with breathing and puts out some good sounds ..

ps. havent seen any evo x ralliart .. yet ..
Old May 24, 2010, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, "Works" does something like that. I'm sure it can be done to the RA as well.
Old May 24, 2010, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by billyaridi
I have an Evo X- Ralliart 2008, Recently I added HKS Racing Suction and SQV III with Aluminium Inter-cooler piping Kit, it sounds really great but I exhaust sound is very quit and I don't want to change it because it is a Ralliart one, so can anyone advice me on a trick to make exhaust sound sporty and deep without changing the cut-back or downpipe??
I don't think that should be a reason to keep you from doing an exhaust swap though. The exhaust is still made by Mitsu IMO. Ralliart merely designs the stuff on these cars, they do not make them. I'd just save myself the trouble and get a new catback designed for the RA.
Old May 25, 2010, 12:24 AM

Thanks guys, ya u r right, I think if I removed the inside stuff of the environment muffler the sound will be better, but it might be very loud to pass the inspection, and I think u r right CatalystGod , I will think of changing the catback, maybe will get Agency.
Old May 25, 2010, 02:51 AM

whats an evo x ralliart?
Old May 25, 2010, 04:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chem0
whats an evo x ralliart?
curious too.....post pics
Old May 25, 2010, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

I think he just means a RA.
Old May 25, 2010, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
some dude on youtube with a ralliart wrote that he had an evo x- ralliart also. When I told him it's not the same, he showed me a link where some sight in europe referred to the ralliart that way and he says its the same since its the same engine just detuned. I didn't waste my breath and argue. Call it what you want, it's a cool car just not the same as an evo.
Old May 25, 2010, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evofan_08
some dude on youtube with a ralliart wrote that he had an evo x- ralliart also. When I told him it's not the same, he showed me a link where some sight in europe referred to the ralliart that way and he says its the same since its the same engine just detuned. I didn't waste my breath and argue. Call it what you want, it's a cool car just not the same as an evo.
You should have pointed him to these

EVO X Ralliart comparison pt1

Part 2
Old May 26, 2010, 06:06 AM

Hey Guys,

Hope that I can add some information to your EVO knowledge, but I was like you, don't know the difference untill I bought my car, I also didn't imagine that there could be a more powerful version of Evo X.

The comparison on you tube is in Australia and between EVO X and Lancer Ralliart and not an Evo x Ralliart.

Evo X- Ralliart is originally an Evo X which is modified by Ralliart in Japan, the differences are

More aggressive camshafts
Bigger intercooler
Bigger turbo
Different ECU setup, also known as "Tuning"
better exhaust system, the capacity of the fuel tank
Transmission, may it be how well it's built or the amount of forward gears it has.
also the in the exterior added carbon fiber, Different rims,

Ralliart is Mitsubishi's Motorsport subsidiary, like AMG for Mercedes, M-Power and for BMW... etx

Check the below link and watch the video you will know what I am talking about,

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...f-nsx-rhq.html
Old May 26, 2010, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by billyaridi
Check the below link and watch the video you will know what I am talking about
Very nice, similar to the FQ400 then...a modded car with a factory warranty. They are usually more expensive than doing the upgrades yourself. We don't have anything like that in the United States.
Old May 26, 2010, 07:14 AM

here are some pictures of My EVO-X Ralliart
Attached Thumbnails Evo X exhaust Sound-p1010630.jpg   Evo X exhaust Sound-img_0222.jpg.jpg   Evo X exhaust Sound-p1010632.jpg  
Old May 26, 2010, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Damn that looks good. I think I found out what Vinyl job I wanted on my X. Is any of the vinyl/paint on your evo custom, or is that how it was delivered?

Quick Reply: Evo X exhaust Sound