Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Factory Alarm FAIL..

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory Alarm FAIL..

This Happened two nights ago..So coming from work i get to the house around 12:30ish A.M,I park my car outside the driveway by the sidewalks just cause sister and dads car was already parked on the driveway..So upstairs of the house theres a small livingroom right underneith the garage,basically theres a window that I can see everything in front of the house clearly..Sure enough I wake up in the morning to drop off my girl to work,As i get closer to the car,there it is my passenger window is bustedApparently they didnt mess with anything else Outside the car and Inside the car .One important thing is that its always been my habit to leave my "Wallet" in the car while parked only at home.Yes they took my wallet along with my Drv.Licence,$80 cash,Health Card which costs $60 and my Debit card that they used for $82 at a gas station,$12 at Burger king.So now everything is a HASSEL..Funny thing is, that $82 transaction happened at 2 A.M. and around that time i was on my PS3 gettin down on some Modern Warfare 2..Biggest concern is why didnt my car ALARM go off.We Live in a nicer and quiet part of Las Vegas,Summerlin..I guess Nowhere is safe Nemore...So we tested the alarm,like everybody else,pushin the lock button twice you would hear the BEEP sound..Without unlocking the car without pushin the buttons, I stick the car key in and unlock it open the door(DID THIS 10 TIMES)sometimes it would go off and sometimes it would notCould the Factory alarm be Malfunctioning..Sorry bout the long thread just had to Vent out my Situation.Everything is fixed now,Any inputs on the Factory car Alarm would be appreciated THANKS
Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Damn man sorry to hear that. I have my doubts about the factory alarm. Especially now knowing it wont go off if a window is broken. I really dont know what will cause the alarm to go off.

Ive been thinking about investing in a viper alarm or something similar.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:51 AM

No Doubt i would be replacing the Factory Alarm system soon.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

I had my window smashed last year and just had it keyed 2 weekends ago while I was watching the UFC pay per view. I would invest in a car alarm if some of them were so damn sensitive. I have always hated that the smallest noise, or car exhaust will set them off. But they would be worth it if they would fix that issue. Oh and tell the idiot that has it on their car that the thing is going off so they don't sit around for 30 minutes with it going off.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:09 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear about that happening to you.

If they didn't open your door, the alarm won't go off. The factory alarm doesn't have a glass breakage sensor or anything like that. It only works if they open a door or open the trunk (assuming the alarm is armed).

So, they could have just smashed the glass, reached in and grabbed your wallet and headed off without the alarm going off.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Very true. I know when they hit my window they hit it and ran, but they knew my car and where I lived so it wasn't a random thing I was targeted.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
sorry to hear but i wish everyone understood the factory alarm is practically useless unless door are opened.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah they are worthless, it's almost to the point of not putting them on a vehicle unless the upgrade the system entirely to try to detour things like that all together. The only real ways to keep a car safe is an expensive alarm system that will annoy everyone, putting it in a garage every night, hiring a personal security guard for your car.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

+1 on factory alarm being useless in most situations. Invest in an aftermarket alarm with shock sensors. I know they're annoying when loud cars or motorcycles go by and set them off, but with FM 2-ways you can activate/deactivate the shock sensors from your key chain which means you can have them on when in suspicious areas.

Even with those though, you just never know...

I hate reading about all you guys that get your cars keyed, that is the lowest someone can go.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:19 PM

That sucks, sorry to hear that. Definitely replace the alarm soon.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:22 PM

did you report it to the police?
if so the cops can review any video that was taken at the gas station and at the BK
maybe they got a shot of the liscense plate of the car used
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DuderMagee
did you report it to the police?
if so the cops can review any video that was taken at the gas station and at the BK
maybe they got a shot of the liscense plate of the car used
+1 They should be able to pull it up if you tell the cops what days they went there. Especially since most gas station will carry tapes for about a week.

I'd love to find an alarm that would tell you where ever you are that your alarm is going off so you can shut the stupid thing off
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

that really sucks man
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:48 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Leaving wallet in the car = fail....
Old Jun 21, 2010, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by XRims
+1 on factory alarm being useless in most situations. Invest in an aftermarket alarm with shock sensors. I know they're annoying when loud cars or motorcycles go by and set them off, but with FM 2-ways you can activate/deactivate the shock sensors from your key chain which means you can have them on when in suspicious areas.

Even with those though, you just never know...

I hate reading about all you guys that get your cars keyed, that is the lowest someone can go.
2-way is the way to go.

they are relatively cheap if u install them yourself.

just dont let a tint & alarm place rape you on install. some places will sell a $100-200 alarm system for up to 350-450 installed.

get a quote on installed price, get the make and model no of the alarm and look up the price to see what they are charging you for install. since lots of times they will say this is a $300 alarm were installing for 50.00 when it is typically the opposite.

good luck man.

Quick Reply: Factory Alarm FAIL..