Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Need help with P0007 and P0137 CEL

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2010, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with P0007 and P0137 CEL

Hi all

About 1 month ago, I got a local shop to install HKS 150Cell Metal Cat, HKS Center Pipe + HKS Legamax on my X MR. Car is 100% stock... On my way home, I got a CEL and I quickly bring it back to the workshop to get the code read out. My initial thought was I need to get a spacer for the rear o2 sensor.

As it turns out, the code was something else. P0137 CEL, which is: Heated oxygen sensor (rear) circuit low voltage..I was told that it seems that during the installation, the Rear O2 sensor has difficulties coming off and after some attempts, it eventually come off, but in the process, the rear o2 sensor got damaged somehow..

Cut the story short, as I am also waiting for my HKS GT Extension Kit (Dump pipe + Front Pipe) to arrive from Japan, I was told that they will replace the Rear O2 Sensor when I get the GT Extension Kit installed.. I was also told that its ok to drive around with the P0137 CEL as the rear o2 sensor doesnt affect AFR as all it does it monitor that a working cat is present.

2 days later, I bought myself an OBD2 scanner so I can monitor live data and check CEL stauts as I am paranoid that there may be more CEL codes to come... for about 2-3 weeks, I was getting P0137 CEL codes and I always clear the code so it doesnt annoy me...

Last night, after I got another P0137 CEL code and cleared it, I drove around for 40kms or so but this time I am curious as to why the CEL code no longer come up again. Usually everytime I clear the previous P0137 CEl code, within 20 kms later, the CEL code will reappear...

So, I park the car and try to scan/read for any DTC code. This time, the code I get is a PENDING P0007 and description is: Fuel Shutoff Valve "A" Control Circuit High.. The CEL/MIL lights are not ON as the code is pending... So I tried to clear the code and restart the car, but again, the pending CEL reappear...I have even tried to discharge the car battery for 30 minutes and when I restart the car, the pending CEL is still there.

My questions are:
1) What does P0007 really mean... I have no idea what does Fuel Shutoff Valve "A" Control Circuit High really mean...
2) Should I be worried or am I just paranoid?
3) My initial guess is that the pending P0007 has something to do with the P0137 CEL.. Its just so weird that all the sudden, I dont get anymore P0137 CEL code but all the sudden, when I read the car for DTC code, I get a PENDING P007 Code

Sorry for the long post.. I have tried to summarize and shorten it as best as I can.