Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

ABS malfunction light

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2010, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABS malfunction light

So I went to the dealer today to get my steering angle sensor calibrated after having the subframe down while doing a clutch. Also for the fuel line recall. After 3 hours they say they can't calibrate the sensor and that my upper i/c pipe is preventing them from doing the recall and I have to pay for them to remove it. I say I'll just take the car. I get in it and the ABS light is flashing and ABS service required is on the cluster and it wont stop dinging. I went back in and told them and they said I must pay more money to get the problem fixed (a problem they created) but it wont be today because its too late. So basically I'm wondering if anyone has medic software or something similar so I can just fix the car myself. Maybe evoscan? I'm sure all it needs is some calibration. Thanks.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

First off, it's time to find another dealership.

I had the same problem on my car with the steering wheel angle sensor. Even with all my mods at the time, they replaced it no problem at all.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

^^^I agree. I toke mine in because my passenger side Daytime Running Light went out. And it is a special light you can only get from the dealership. They fixed the DRL and all recalls for free. They did the fuel line recall and I had AMS CAI, FMIC, UICP, LICP. Thats just the mods in the engine bay when I toke it in. They have to fix the recalls for free. My dealership said they didnt have to remove my UICP when they did the fuel line.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 07:46 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
ring up head office... and complain

also you shouldn't need to recalibrate the steering angle unless your steering wheel has been taken off
Old Jul 5, 2010, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by jmorris1027
So I went to the dealer today to get my steering angle sensor calibrated after having the subframe down while doing a clutch. Also for the fuel line recall. After 3 hours they say they can't calibrate the sensor and that my upper i/c pipe is preventing them from doing the recall and I have to pay for them to remove it. I say I'll just take the car. I get in it and the ABS light is flashing and ABS service required is on the cluster and it wont stop dinging. I went back in and told them and they said I must pay more money to get the problem fixed (a problem they created) but it wont be today because its too late. So basically I'm wondering if anyone has medic software or something similar so I can just fix the car myself. Maybe evoscan? I'm sure all it needs is some calibration. Thanks.
I had the same problem when I dropped the subframe to do my clutch. I also got a ASC light. I just bleed the brakes agian and it all cleared up. Maybe this might cure your abs service light.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just to track the steering angle sensor problem, mine died last week. I am getting it replaced tomorrow. My ASC light comes on and won't go off.. it gets the squiggly car logo and differential logo on the center screen. I took it into the dealer and they said the steering angle sensor was just throwing out random values and needed to be replaced.