Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

High prices on used Evos? Are people getting what they're asking?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2010, 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OP i was also in the market but some things came up and im not really anymore. I found this one on CL here in SD. i have no idea about it but just thought id show it too you since its under 25k

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ctd/1839566882.html
Old Jul 17, 2010, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by OZboyee
OP i was also in the market but some things came up and im not really anymore. I found this one on CL here in SD. i have no idea about it but just thought id show it too you since its under 25k

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ctd/1839566882.html
Damn, good price on that car.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DefBringer
Damn, good price on that car.
probably to good to be true. Since i didnt see the Mileage listed it might be a lot, or something. Even though i cant afford it right now i am tempted to check it out. I might next week. We will see.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

Example of OP.... This is why i use CL over evom... lol 21k for salvaged title... i think not sir

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...-bbk-full.html
Old Jul 17, 2010, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Example of OP.... This is why i use CL over evom... lol 21k for salvaged title... i think not sir

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...-bbk-full.html
lol that thread is so full of fail.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

Like i feel for the guy. But he has to think of this. Insurance WILL not give you 21k for that if it is wrecked. So you buy the car then wreck it a month later. Insurance gives you 15k. you are ****ed. there is nothing you can do. I dont understand how these guys arent getting it through their head... Like it might be worth it to them and they may have paid a lot to fix it up, but if you buy a salvaged title vehicle and spend a ton of money on it, you better plan on keeping it because it will never ever be worth close to what you have spent on it. and you cannot expect someone to take that risk, because thats what you are doing. You are taking a MASSIVE risk. You dont have control over other drivers and you cant expect people to take that kind of risk, no matter how much money you spent on it. That guy will not get close to 20k and if he does, the person who gets it is a moron, and they better hope its never wrecked.

/rant.

Old Jul 17, 2010, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

That guy will not get close to 20k and if he does, the person who gets it is a moron, and they better hope its never wrecked.

/rant.

this post definitely had me

I would not pay a dime over $10k for that car. Can't finance it, can't ever sell it again without getting raped, have to tell a huge story to every single person you try to sell it to. What a gigantic headache!

I don't blame the seller as much as I do the douchebag who sold it to him. Just look at that guy trying to weasel everyone in the thread.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

It's funny, in the November timeframe when I was looking to sell my IX, the going rate for a car with my mods and mileage was about $22-23k. Fast forward to December when the IX is totaled and the insurance gave me $27k for the car, more than I could sell it for.

I'm with everyone else; I wouldn't buy a used Evo again without figuring it will fall apart at any second from someone's idiotic modding. Hence, I went with a new X.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 08:55 PM

yup, I would definitely be very wary on a used evo the next time around. ieven mine which was all stock had it's share of issues. I wouldn't be very high on even a ligtly modded evo. The prices may be high because of limited evos in your area.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

To answer your initial question...Yes, people are actually getting what they're asking. I did. I sold my X a few months back and I got the asking price.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DefBringer
I saw this thread, the dealer is selling the car with SSS for $31999.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/hu...o-evo-evo.html

Granted, I'd have to spend $1000 to get it trucked back to Kansas City....
Not sure how tax's are where you're from. But a car down here in canada at a dealer sitting at 32,000$ would come out to about 36,000$+ after taxes.
So all of a sudden the used car for 27 and new dealer 32=36k, is no longer a 5k difference but a 9k dirrerence.

Having warranty on a new car is nice, even thou getting stuff done under warranty can be a pita, and as soon as you throw on any modifications that becomes your battle for future warranty. As much as i'd like a new car (im sure a lot of us would) i dont think ill ever get one since i will be modding.

dj
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
^ Well, you are in a different country, so obviously that stuff, while interesting, doesn't really matter in this particular scenario.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ezzey
Not sure how tax's are where you're from. But a car down here in canada at a dealer sitting at 32,000$ would come out to about 36,000$+ after taxes.
So all of a sudden the used car for 27 and new dealer 32=36k, is no longer a 5k difference but a 9k dirrerence.

Having warranty on a new car is nice, even thou getting stuff done under warranty can be a pita, and as soon as you throw on any modifications that becomes your battle for future warranty. As much as i'd like a new car (im sure a lot of us would) i dont think ill ever get one since i will be modding.

dj
I don't know how your taxes work up there, but down here we pay taxes on cars used or new. So either way, the difference between used and new is still about 5k.

But you do have a good point about warranty. Does anybody stay stock with this car? I have to admit, I catch myself thinking that I will enjoy the security of a new car warranty...yet I have no intention of keeping a stock tune. I suppose I figure I can just flash it back to stock if I have to take it into the dealership?
Old Jul 18, 2010, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

just be glad you don't live in Canada!
Old Jul 18, 2010, 02:04 PM

i think the prices on used X's are definitely fair. look at the prices of used sti's! i used to own an sti and the X is the MUCH better car and its also cheaper. can't beat that.

Quick Reply: High prices on used Evos? Are people getting what they're asking?