Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

High prices on used Evos? Are people getting what they're asking?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2010, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
^ The finance manager won't make money on 0% APR deals, but the salesperson will at least get gas money or more, depending on the sale price of your vehicle relative to its invoice. I'm guessing it was someone in the finance department who talked you out of 0%.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Noize
On the leftover 08s, it was 0% for 5 years. Talk about a killer deal!
99% of the reason I have an '08 Evo

Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
^ The finance manager won't make money on 0% APR deals, but the salesperson will at least get gas money or more, depending on the sale price of your vehicle relative to its invoice. I'm guessing it was someone in the finance department who talked you out of 0%.
The entire dealership, from car washer to finance manager, will make money on all sales based on volume sales. That is how South Coast Mitsubishi thrives. They reel in the suckers (like myself) and cash in on factory incentives for being such a high volume seller.

South Coast Mitsubishi is to car dealerships as MAPerformance is to aftermarket retailers. Both deal in high volumes at absurdly low prices. Unfortunately, though, I've heard good things about MAPerformance's customer service whereas I hear nothing but bad stuff about South Coast

But if price is your selling point, the high-volume bulk sellers will always have an edge over the smaller places.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankiago
The entire dealership, from car washer to finance manager, will make money on all sales based on volume sales. That is how South Coast Mitsubishi thrives. They reel in the suckers (like myself) and cash in on factory incentives for being such a high volume seller.
But that has nothing to do with what I said; I was asking mlomker who talked him out of the 0% APR. I've worked at a dealership before, and from my understanding, finance managers make nothing on a deal if you buy a car at 0% APR (or pay cash) and if you buy nothing that they try to sell to you, like the extended warranty, LoJack, etc. At the very least, the sales person will get what is called a "mini-deal," which is the minimum a sales person can make on a sale, regardless of whether the sale breaks even or loses money.

I said that because mlomker mentioned how he had been talked out of 0% APR in favor of something else, perhaps the cash rebate. From my experience, that may have been the suggestion of the finance manager.